Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: goddarnit....  (Read 2923 times)

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
goddarnit....
« on: May 12, 2012, 10:40:35 AM »

i LOVE this game i really do, and in general i am not bad at it at all, yet with 0.52 and Uomoz's Corvus, i am being completly destroyed by everything! however, i destroy everyone in the missions, i'm sad to say it but campaign is no more fun  :'(

has anyone else had this problem?

Emailformygames

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: goddarnit....
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 10:43:56 AM »

Well if you are not that experienced in Starfarer I would recommend not using any mods (as quite a few are a bit OP... EX: Nomads in the corvus) until you have a pretty decent grasp on what vanilla ships do what and how best to play them in fights, as well as what types of enemy fleets you can take on with the ships that you have yourself.

PS:  I stopped using the corvus because I find that many of the newer mods that have been implemented into it are a bit unbalanced compared to vanilla.  Hope that helps a bit.

SteelRonin

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 10:48:06 AM »

Thing is, I DO have such knowledge, had tons of saves with massive fleets with uomoz's corvus in .51 i dont know why i am getting owned at every oppertunity now.. 

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 10:53:05 AM »

Well, the enemy AI is quite a bit better than it used to be - it really makes a big difference. Maybe a new version of Uomoz's mod has something evil in it? I haven't played Uomoz's in .52 yet (curse you finals!) so I can't comment on the difference.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2012, 12:05:12 PM »

Well if you are not that experienced in Starfarer I would recommend not using any mods (as quite a few are a bit OP... EX: Nomads in the corvus) until you have a pretty decent grasp on what vanilla ships do what and how best to play them in fights, as well as what types of enemy fleets you can take on with the ships that you have yourself.

PS:  I stopped using the corvus because I find that many of the newer mods that have been implemented into it are a bit unbalanced compared to vanilla.  Hope that helps a bit.

Man I didn't realize! Can you expand this a little bit (by PM or in U'sC thread), I'd like to have everything vanilla balanced.

Cerevox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2012, 12:35:16 PM »

That the nomads are silly op? Offhand, their iguanas are stronger than many destroyers in a one on one engagement. A couple of their weapons are way too few OP for what they do. IIRC its the double electron mazer that goes in the large slot. Beyond that I can't be too sure since I just auto avoid any nomad fleet that I can, they are too strong to be worth fighting.

As for losing a lot after the new update, the update changed the strength of all fighter class ships drastically, and the AI actually acts in a sort of rational manner every now and then, so if you are used to just rolling everything over piecemeal it will be a lot harder now.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 01:30:48 PM »

That the nomads are silly op? Offhand, their iguanas are stronger than many destroyers in a one on one engagement. A couple of their weapons are way too few OP for what they do. IIRC its the double electron mazer that goes in the large slot. Beyond that I can't be too sure since I just auto avoid any nomad fleet that I can, they are too strong to be worth fighting.

As for losing a lot after the new update, the update changed the strength of all fighter class ships drastically, and the AI actually acts in a sort of rational manner every now and then, so if you are used to just rolling everything over piecemeal it will be a lot harder now.

He actually nerfed that weapon quite a bit in the last patches though!

About the difficulty, I do agree, the game got harder and imho more interesting from the latest patch.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2012, 02:01:04 PM »

About the difficulty, I do agree, the game got harder and imho more interesting from the latest patch.

What? Only difficulty increase I saw was no more MEGA FLEET WITH EIGHT ONSLAUGHTS
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.