Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Lashers  (Read 2392 times)

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Lashers
« on: May 06, 2012, 04:36:56 PM »

OK, I'm not really sure if this is a bug or not, but the number of lashers at the pirate and hegemony stations seems to have gone down drastically since the last patch.  Anyone else getting this?
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Lashers
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 04:44:10 PM »

randomly supplied ships are randomly supplied.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »

That just made my day  ;D

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 05:18:19 PM »

If I had a sig I would add that to it.

Sanguinus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 02:21:07 AM »

To the amount of Lashers, i havent really noticed a difference. The difference i am noticing is the different armement of pirate lashers. I only used to see them with Harpoon MRM, now i suddenly notice Salamander pods and stuff on them. Never seen that before.

StahnAileron

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 02:54:05 AM »

To the amount of Lashers, i havent really noticed a difference. The difference i am noticing is the different armement of pirate lashers. I only used to see them with Harpoon MRM, now i suddenly notice Salamander pods and stuff on them. Never seen that before.

Really? I recall going up against both basic types of Lashers in 0.51a with Pirates Fleets fairly regularly, though I do think it was weighed more towards one config over the other. I believe the config with Augmented Engines was a bit more common for me. Still, I distinctly recall going up against Light Assault Gun, Light AC, Salamander, and Harpoon (maybe Sabot as well; I might be mixing up a bit of 0.52a into this), equipped Lashers in 0.51a. Perhaps not all were Pirate faction Lashers though. I did attack everyone eventually in 0.51a, so it could've been Hegemony Lashers I'm thinking of.