Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50

Author Topic: Blog Posts  (Read 337577 times)

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Blog Posts
« Reply #255 on: January 13, 2012, 09:18:52 AM »

Hmm, for some strange reason I have a strong feeling there will be a new blog post today, odd.   :o

You realise, of course, that now that you've aired this thought that if you should prove to be wrong, I will feel burning resentment towards you?  :D

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 13, 2012, 09:25:37 AM »

Hmm, for some strange reason I have a strong feeling there will be a new blog post today, odd.   :o

You realise, of course, that now that you've aired this thought that if you should prove to be wrong, I will feel burning resentment towards you?  :D

Ha ha!  :P  Oops, I didn't think that through very well did I?

Hmm, quick Alex bail me out with some juicy information about stuff!   ;D
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 13, 2012, 12:19:37 PM »

I'm afraid there's burning resentment in your future(s) :)

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 13, 2012, 12:22:52 PM »

I'm afraid there's burning resentment in your future(s) :)

Nope, I'm fine with being wrong, I'll just have to worry about avoiding Thana's wrath.  :) ha ha
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 14, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »

Nope, I'm fine with being wrong, I'll just have to worry about avoiding Thana's wrath.  :) ha ha

In the orbit or the Moon, noon tomorrow, Mjolnir cannons. Be there.  ;)

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 14, 2012, 08:42:35 AM »

In the orbit or the Moon, noon tomorrow, Mjolnir cannons. Be there.  ;)

Hmm, well you see, you have just handed me the only thing I require to "avoid" your wrath, a time and a place, thusly, I will be elsewhere at an elsetime.   ;D

But just in case, I'll be in my flagship.

At rest:

And at play:

;D

Thana

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 14, 2012, 11:24:55 AM »

Hmm, well you see, you have just handed me the only thing I require to "avoid" your wrath, a time and a place, thusly, I will be elsewhere at an elsetime.   ;D

Curses, foiled again!  ;D

theShadow

• Lieutenant
  • Power Overwhelming
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 14, 2012, 12:02:14 PM »

looking at that screenshot, i was reminded of something that has been bugging me.

the UI there is very unbalance, everything is piled in the left corner, and there is almost nothing in the right corner. moving the weapon display to the right corner would possibly fix this.

anyway, just something to think about. perhaps I will make a more in depth topic about this later.
Quote from: Archon
Why has a developer ever needed any reason other than "it looks bloody awesome"?

I do 3D modeling and map creation for an open source fps called xonotic

Fient

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 18, 2012, 08:11:02 AM »

looking at that screenshot, i was reminded of something that has been bugging me.

the UI there is very unbalance, everything is piled in the left corner, and there is almost nothing in the right corner. moving the weapon display to the right corner would possibly fix this.

anyway, just something to think about. perhaps I will make a more in depth topic about this later.

I actually kind of like that you can see everything you need by just looking into one corner of the screen.
Everything I say is IMO. Capitalism, ho~

Fishbreath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2012, 07:35:15 AM »

I actually kind of like that you can see everything you need by just looking into one corner of the screen.

This. Having to look at different parts of the screen to get related information while doing precision maneuvering would really bug me.

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2012, 10:33:24 AM »

I envy the pew pews....
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2012, 07:50:34 PM »

I also agree; its efficient design to get all the information in a single glance, rather than having to have your eyes dart all over the screen.

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2012, 09:30:52 PM »

A toggleable minimap might be nice over in the right.

Magokitsune

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 21, 2012, 01:18:53 AM »

I would really like an overlay on my ship that could be toggled on an off, like the current targeting overlay for other ships. It kind of annoys me when I overload my flux when I'm in the middle of a battle because I can't see the small flux bar on my screen. Just a thought

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #269 on: January 21, 2012, 02:37:31 AM »

A toggleable minimap might be nice over in the right.
I agree :DI mentioned this before but I think they said something like that current mapping system thing (where everything is indicated on the screen border) suits the game more. I agree with this but it'd still be nice if you could toggle between them.
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50