Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50

Author Topic: Blog Posts  (Read 337499 times)

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Blog Posts
« Reply #450 on: May 24, 2012, 09:26:55 AM »

I could also see things like cutter devices that deal massive damage on contact or radius or ners that massively boost the detection radius or a ship that can detach parts as stationary gun platforms or jettison armor to increase maneuverability. Or a ship that camouflages itself as another ship (That's no Buffalo Mk2!) or a big-ass weapon that is simply part of a special weapon ship or a shield projector that can cover other ships...

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: May 24, 2012, 10:04:41 AM »

I vote for radar jammers and stasis webifiers next as ship systems! :)

Dri

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 24, 2012, 02:06:13 PM »

Wasn't the Omen PD frigate gonna get something spiffy? Like an EMP burst that'd shut down all engines around it - even missile engines?

Anysy

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: May 24, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »

Only if I can get my energy neutralizers and tracking disruptors... and cloaking device for my pilgrim

Hopelessnoob

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: May 24, 2012, 04:35:59 PM »

So this is why theres been no juicy patch notes for me to read and then re-read forever.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 24, 2012, 04:42:31 PM »

I could also see things like cutter devices that deal massive damage on contact or radius or ners that massively boost the detection radius or a ship that can detach parts as stationary gun platforms or jettison armor to increase maneuverability. Or a ship that camouflages itself as another ship (That's no Buffalo Mk2!) or a big-ass weapon that is simply part of a special weapon ship or a shield projector that can cover other ships...

Oh yes! I would love camo/hologram systems so much! I can imagine it being a phase ship counter design - lure out the phase ships with a nice juicy Buffalo Mk2 ... surprise! It would probably have to be something of the same size class or smaller though. Or you could use them to confuse the enemy: they know you have one Aurora, so why are there two? Which one is real? Anywho. :D

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: June 04, 2012, 04:09:11 AM »

Alex, you've said these system can't be disabled, but can they be suppressed by other subsystems?

Only if I can get my energy neutralizers and tracking disruptors... and cloaking device for my pilgrim
Hey! Both of you! It's my ideas sent to Alex 100 years ago!

Tractor Beams - to catch ships and bring them closer to you.
Lockdown Modules & Stasis Webifiers - modules to slowdown/stop enemy ships.
Weapon Disruptors - decreases weapon range and accuracy.
Stealth Devices - hides ships from radar, but not from eye.
Cloaking Devices - hides your ships from enemy. Uncloaks (or not, depends from device) when starts shooting.
Scanners - to scan the ships for additional information or for cloaked ships.
Scramblers - to resist scanning (scanner strength vs scrambler strength)
Missile Jammers - jams the missiles from course or even redirects it back at enemy.
Damage Over Time - something like acid on the ships hull, or sprayed in space waiting for victim.
Remote Repair Systems - that can temporary fix ships hull.
Energy Focus Systems - ship A transfers its energy/flux regen to ship B to increase its weapon output.

For example:
Burn Drive and Combat Thruster could be countered by Stasis Webifier & Lockdown Module (disable main engines, but allows rotation).
Weapon Disruptor that can affect weapons accuracy and Targeting Module that can suppress or decrease effect of Weapon Disruptor.
Stealth Device that will hide ship from tactical display and Combat Radar that will reveal hidden ship and increase detection range.
Cloaking Device that will make ship invisible, but can be disrupted by Combat Sensor and damage from weapons of enemy ship.
Scramblers that can hide info about your ship like damage and what weapons installed and Scanners that can suppress Scramblers.
Missile Jammer unlike flares can redirect incoming missile to another location or back at enemy ship.
Teleporter and Jump Drive can be countered by Warp Disruptor, that within limited range can block them & etc.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:12:31 AM by WarStalkeR »

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Movementcat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: June 04, 2012, 08:23:34 AM »

Alex, you've said these system can't be disabled, but can they be suppressed by other subsystems?

Hey! Both of you! It's my ideas sent to Alex 100 years ago!

Its arent your Idea the Ideas like 1000 Years in Eve-Online or StarTrek...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: June 04, 2012, 08:27:51 AM »

Can't say I didn't think about my Mimnatarr lady when I read Stasis Webifiers  ::)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: June 04, 2012, 09:09:55 AM »

Can't say I didn't think about my Mimnatarr lady when I read Stasis Webifiers  ::)

Oh man, loved me some stasis webifiers when I played caldari. Those, combined with their long-shooting railguns played an large role when I took down a minmatar battleship :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: June 04, 2012, 09:22:15 AM »

I took down *many* battleships.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: June 04, 2012, 09:37:44 AM »

How many is *many*? :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:40 AM »

I took down *many* battleships.
But you never took down Rifter with Chimera :P
http://xpri.killmail.org/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=7673147

So, it looks like lots of players here are from EVE Online :) Nice to know, nice to know :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: June 04, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »

Heh, Yeah. Was part of a major corporation, actully, I was in the lead up there :), but once it died off due to funding problems with the corp, I left and went freelance. Always fun, but my subscription expired :(

KDR_11k

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: June 04, 2012, 11:36:05 AM »

I looked into EVE but subscription fees just don't sit well with me since I play games very on and off, I don't want to worry about not using my subscription if I don't feel like playing that game right now. Funnily enough I'm playing an Eve-derived game (has all that webber and energy vamp stuff) called Dangerous on my Android phone, no worrying about subscriptions there and a quick trade run works well on the bus.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50