Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I need some advice...  (Read 5827 times)

sdmike1

• Admiral
  • Dyslexics of the world, untie!
    • View Profile
I need some advice...
« on: May 06, 2012, 10:05:03 AM »

Internet, I need some advice...

There is a girl that I really like (O.K. love), we are friends and i have been told by my other friends that she returns my feelings, I have even taken her to Winter Formal as friends. (essentially our school's version of prom) She has a boyfriend which i am totally fine with.

Here is my question, if they breakup what should i say/do to get her to like me, also i do have the problem of being tong-tied when ever i am around her and her friends if it is just her friends i am fine but if she enters the equation i just can't talk... :-[

Please help...

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Re: I need some advice...
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2012, 10:11:38 AM »

My advice would be not to take advice from people on the Internet.

Don't worry about screwing up, there will be many more girls in the future, not very helpful right now as this is not what you want to hear but still, don't worry about it.

Don't be a ***, already speculating about whether they'll break up or not and how you should take advantage of that while they are still together is rather unsettling.

Chances are she already likes you if she went to the prom with you.

sdmike1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 10:56:20 AM »

Sorry, i have felt this way about her since 7th grade (we graduate next year) and I have almost no social skills (especially when it comes to women) :D and i didn't want to say anything mean or offensive to her while they are together (which by the way I am totally fine with he is a great guy, and honestly probably better person than me in most ways)

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 11:14:44 AM »

Sorry, i have felt this way about her since 7th grade (we graduate next year) and I have almost no social skills (especially when it comes to women) :D and i didn't want to say anything mean or offensive to her while they are together (which by the way I am totally fine with he is a great guy, and honestly probably better person than me in most ways)

Don't sell yourself short.

Teenage love comes and goes, it sucks but you'll get over it.

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 11:25:43 AM »

Stay in touch. Stay close. If all else fails and you get friendzoned, remember that girls want a nice reliable guy to settle down with- that's if you're nice and reliable enough to wait those years.
And for the sake of everyone concerned, yes, even her boyfriend, please don't hope for them to break up, not even deep in your heart. If it happens it happens, if it never does then oh well, but don't ever wish for two others to be hurt so badly for your sake.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »

Stay in touch. Stay close. If all else fails and you get friendzoned, remember that girls want a nice reliable guy to settle down with- that's if you're nice and reliable enough to wait those years.
And for the sake of everyone concerned, yes, even her boyfriend, please don't hope for them to break up, not even deep in your heart. If it happens it happens, if it never does then oh well, but don't ever wish for two others to be hurt so badly for your sake.

This.

And the friendzone isn't bad at all either.

sdmike1

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2012, 11:30:47 AM »

Thanks  ;D

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 01:37:17 PM »

Most prefer bad boys though, its rather weird. (or so I hear) You'd think they would rather like nice guys right?

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2012, 02:06:14 PM »

The shortsighted ones like bad boys.  :) They tend to come around later in life. Like I said, if you really really love her, you can wait.
If you've found a girl worth waiting years for... Grats.

Hardlyjoking67

• Captain
  • I'm a different kind of buddy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 02:08:35 PM »

Like I said, if you really really love her, you can wait.

That is one of the manliest things I have heard my entire life.

harperrb

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 02:29:39 PM »

Cannot agree.  Worst thing I ever did in the young part of my life was wait.

First off, a boyfriend in college means almost nothing. Trust me.

A boyfriend in highschool? That's like sitting together at lunch or something. Less than nothing.

If you want her, you get her. Sitting around moping isn't going to impress her or anyone. Think that in 10 years you will have wished you had asked her out. Don't wait until your old to figure out that no one's going to give you anything. You gotta go get it.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2012, 03:10:48 PM »

I hope I don't sound like a *** here and I do not know you, so I don't know if this applies at all. But no one has said it and I feel that I have to.

Do you love who you are around her? Do you love her flaws (and be realistic!)? Do you believe that she would be happier with you? And are you sure that you are not just in love with the idea of being with someone how has been the (secret?) object of your affections for 5 years? Please consider these questions carefully.

I highly recommend you stay in contact, but not do anything until you have taken a break from her. It sounds like you have been very into this girl for a very long time  - and that can skew our perceptions. Make an effort to meet new people and try and expand your horizons - if you are going to college than this is the perfect opportunity. Do something you can be proud of. If after time, distance, and perspective you still love her and not just the idea of being together, then go for it guns blazing.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2012, 03:17:28 PM »

Or you can continue to creepily stalk her for years, collect body parts like hair and nails from her, collect items discarded by her.  ::) You know, it's a life.

And if she discovers you do this and won't listen to your twisted reason you can always just kidnap her, turn her into your doll and dress her up and have friendly tea parties.
Eventually she'll turn around to see your point of view.

You have to consider all your options you know.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2012, 05:06:21 PM »

Or you can continue to creepily stalk her for years, collect body parts like hair and nails from her, collect items discarded by her.  ::) You know, it's a life.

And if she discovers you do this and won't listen to your twisted reason you can always just kidnap her, turn her into your doll and dress her up and have friendly tea parties.
Eventually she'll turn around to see your point of view.

You have to consider all your options you know.

This is so wrong in so many ways.

I'm no expert, but if you can't talk to her, ya can't date her, hope that doesn't sound to bad, but I feel as though one needs to be able to easily communicate with their loved one in order to have a good and stable relationship.

EDIT: I have big finger and can't type
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 08:12:45 PM by Sunfire »

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2012, 05:49:58 PM »

This sis so wrong in so many ways.

I'm no expert, but if you can't talk to her, ya can't date her, hope that doesn't sound to bad, but I feel as though one needs to be able to easily communicate with their loved one in order to have a good and stable relationship.

Correct, I did say not to take advice people on the Internet.  ;D
Pages: [1] 2