Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Offensive shields  (Read 9407 times)

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Offensive shields
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 11:43:58 AM »

no missles as this is a powerful last desperation act and it shuts down all other systems.

Hmm, good point, maybe they can launch them right before powering up the Doom Shields.  :)  Btw, I think that is a pretty sweet name for them if they get included, heh heh.  Or maybe the Boom Shields.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

Lopunny Zen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 02:33:04 PM »

nah...too kiddish...how about Pheonix class(being the best one) Firestorm Ramming Shields

Zarcon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »

nah...too kiddish...how about Pheonix class(being the best one) Firestorm Ramming Shields

Nice, sounds good.
There is no instance of a nation benefitting from prolonged warfare.
Thus it is that in war the victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory.

icepick37

• Admiral
  • Go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2012, 03:56:30 PM »

I dunno about the ramming shield, but I like the tractor beams. Could grab a pesky fighter a la GSB. I guess shields designed to disrupt enemy systems would be good, but I imagine a good sharp hull would be better for smashing things than a shield designed to mitigate impact from incoming bullets.
“I [may] not agree with a word that you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”
- Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2]