Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: The topic where modders look for pepole ;D  (Read 4127 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
The topic where modders look for pepole ;D
« on: April 27, 2012, 03:46:19 PM »

As per title, this is the topic where we (modders) hire pepole when we need, and if we need.

But you can see pretty much as the labor market, though with wayyyy less stupid bureaucracy and much more direct contact.

Also, the pepole who are looking for work participating in a mod (artists, coders etc.) can also post here and maybe make yourself heard by a modder :)

I am currently looking for: A sprite artist and a 3D modeler for an another game ;)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 02:05:16 AM by Upgradecap »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: The topic where modders look for pepole ;D
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 04:36:01 PM »

I am currently looking for: Someone that likes sheets, data and excel functions.

EDIT from Uomoz's Corvus:

I'm currently analyzing the data sheets.

This community needs some form of guidelines, some ships (not gonna give names) have TT-level stats with a low tech cost -.-

I'm not willing to balance all this ships (I strongly believe that balancing is in the hands of the creators), but there is some issue with balance in many mods, and I just noticed reading the stats.

I'd like to start some sort of "ladder" (like: Tempest is a Frigate Grade 2, Lasher is a Frigate Grade 5). The grade would influence the price of the ship in the collection.

I'd like to calculate the EHP of a ship directly with a sheet function (should be easy to implement with excel) as one of the main parameters to determine the Grade, any help about determining the formula is well appreciated
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 04:41:42 PM by Uomoz »

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 04:38:55 PM »

What kind of sheet work in specific? I can do boring :P

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 06:16:11 PM »

I am currently looking for: Someone that likes sheets, data and excel functions.
That's me.  I can do just about anything coding-related less than creating a whole new system.  That might take a bit longer than the hour it take me to create a whole new faction, mind you! ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 08:29:05 PM »

That's me.  I can do just about anything coding-related less than creating a whole new system.  That might take a bit longer than the hour it take me to create a whole new faction, mind you! ;D

Any chance you can write a small script to turn ship data files into excel readable files? That's probably what he's after, I'm guessing.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 02:59:24 AM »

Single ships data files are not that important to decide the strength of a ship, the ship_data file on the other hand have many interesting values. K-64 wrote me an algorithm to calculate EHP right off the ship_data sheet and I'm now comparing each ship with it. There are some very unexpected values in modded ships :D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2012, 03:17:36 AM »

What algorithm may that be?

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 06:33:56 AM »

Single ships data files are not that important to decide the strength of a ship, the ship_data file on the other hand have many interesting values. K-64 wrote me an algorithm to calculate EHP right off the ship_data sheet and I'm now comparing each ship with it. There are some very unexpected values in modded ships :D
Well, no idea how to make the algorithm, I'm only 14 here.  First year of high school and people expect me to do stuff like that. ;D Anyway, I know the vanilla ships enough to balance out new ships, if that's what you mean.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.