Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Ship BalanceSuite 5000 v1.6  (Read 60490 times)

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Ship Balance Suite v1.1
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2012, 01:09:25 PM »

This is very useful, thanks for your work on this.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Ship Balance Suite v1.1
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2012, 01:27:41 PM »

BalanceSuite v1.2 posted.

Code
BalanceSuite v1.2
-Added Recommended Price feature in Special Stats area
-Hangar bay size beyond 25 is taken into consideration when calculating the aggregate score

This is very useful, thanks for your work on this.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:11:43 PM by keptin »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Ship Balance Suite v1.2
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2012, 02:46:05 PM »

Awesome tool!!! I love the graphics and the aesthetic xD. About the latest feature (suggested price) and looking at vanilla ships:

Hyperion (costs a lot more in vanilla, maybe take into account the great strike potential)

Tempest (costs a lot more in vanilla, maybe take more into account great speed)

Lasher (costs less in vanilla, maybe take more into account the low speed)

Sunder (costs less in vanilla, maybe the super-low armor value should lower it's recommended cost)

Condor (costs LESS(?) in vanilla, without taking into account the launch bay)

Buffalo\Tarsus\Valkyrie (costs a more in vanilla, maybe take into account cargohold)

Medusa (costs a lot more in vanilla, maybe take into account the high speed)

Venture (costs equal to vanilla, without taking into account the launch bay)

Onslaught (costs a lot less in vanilla, maybe take into account super-low speed)

Astral (costs more in vanilla, maybe take into account the launch bays)

Atlas (costs a lot less in vanilla, maybe take into account giant cargohold)

Conquest (costs a lot less in vanilla, no idea why)

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Ship Balance Suite v1.3
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2012, 03:22:19 PM »

BalanceSuite v1.3 posted!

Changelog:
Code
BalanceSuite v1.3
-Integrated Recommended Base Value into Price Checker for the Ship Comparison Tool
-Added Fleetpoint Combat Value comparison for The Ship Comparison Tool

The price recommendations should become more accurate as I account for more ship attributes, but I can only get so close if they were chosen arbitrarily and not based on a formula.  It's more of a ballpark figure.  Honestly, playing the game and seeing some of these makes me think that a few of the vanilla ships are in need of a price changes...like the Onslaught  :o
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 03:45:34 PM by keptin »

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Starfarer Ship BalanceSuite v1.3
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2012, 03:32:36 PM »

Dude, this rules.  I was about to whip something up as per my last thread, but you beat me to it.  Hope this sees a lot of use.  I'm wondering if mod authors would mind someone making a vanilla balanced version of their mods, like the Dominions 3 modding community.  Someone releases a mod, later the MP crowd balances it and re-releases it.  Not necessary this early in the game but it made for a great community.

TJJ

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Ship BalanceSuite v1.3
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2012, 04:20:46 PM »

Awesome tool, good job in creating it!
I look forward to seeing a version that factors in the massively important shield damage reduction factor!
(even if it's only to confirm what we already know regarding the OP-ness of the Aurora & Medusa!)

After that.... I wonder how easy it would be to factor in the various aspects of ship's weapon mounts.
Accounting for synergy in weapon type (to account for the efficiency of relevant hull mods), and weapon facing (to account for the ability to focus fire) might get rather complicated to calculate.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »

After that.... I wonder how easy it would be to factor in the various aspects of ship's weapon mounts.
Accounting for synergy in weapon type (to account for the efficiency of relevant hull mods), and weapon facing (to account for the ability to focus fire) might get rather complicated to calculate.

We can add that factor as an external (to the sheet) extra value. Like *strike weaponry* +20% price or *total pd coverage* +10% price.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2012, 04:36:29 PM »

Awesome tool, good job in creating it!
I look forward to seeing a version that factors in the massively important shield damage reduction factor!

It does!  ;)  The shield upkeep and shield efficiency are both taken into account when calculating the aggregate score.  I added it in a recent version and the changelog, but didn't update the Combat score attributes list on the front page until now.  I was thinking of adding a way to set weapon mounts, but the effectiveness of mounts is very dependent on their arcs and that quickly gets messy.  I plan to factor in speed and maybe cargo size, but that's about it, a quick one day tool.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 04:58:12 PM by keptin »

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2012, 05:50:35 PM »

Wow, this looks impressive.

armoredcookie

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2012, 07:02:35 PM »

Nice work, but it seems like something simple to compare speeds and price is missing?

hairrorist

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2012, 07:27:25 PM »

Price shouldn't really be counted... the player will always get enough money to have the best for each role, while the AI will stick to its arranged fleets.

keptin

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Ship BalanceSuite v1.4
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2012, 08:16:01 PM »

BalanceSuite v1.4 is live!

Changelog:
Code
BalanceSuite v1.4
-Agility and Cargo are now taken into account when calculating the combat value and recommended base value
-Recommended base value adjusted to be more accurate per fleetpoint
-Added Relative Balance Checker tool to compare fleetpoint-adjusted combat value side by side in the ship comparison tool

it seems like something simple to compare speeds and price is missing?

Both speed and price comparisons have been in since v1.0.  If you're referring to the recommended price, it's easier said than done. This is currently the price recomendation formula to get it as accurate (or inaccurate) as it is:
Code
=MROUND(IF(AND($AG100<14, $AG100>10),((($AZ100)^1.18*($AG100)^2.3/(($AG100)*2))/2.1),((IF($AG100<17,MROUND(IF($AG100>9,(($AZ100)^1.1*($AG100)^2.42/(($AG100)*2))/2.1,(($AZ100)^1.105*($AG100)^2.24/(($AG100)*1.27))/1.8),1),MROUND(IF($AG100<18,(($AZ100)^1.14*($AG100)^2.4/(($AG100)*2))/2,(($AZ100)^1.15*($AG100)^2.4/(($AG100)*2))/1),1))+IF($AA100>25,($AA100-25)^3,0))+(IF($W100>30,$W100*7,$W100*2.5)))),100)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 08:21:51 PM by keptin »

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2012, 01:42:50 AM »

This is extremely useful tool.  ;D Thanks dude, for creating this.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

cp252

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2012, 07:59:07 AM »

The problem is that some things (like the background of the ship, and the way the attributes work together) can't be accounted for with formulae.
Still, this gets you 95% of the way to a properly balanced mod. So thumbs up.

Thaago

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • Harpoon Affectionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 29, 2012, 11:45:30 AM »

Price shouldn't really be counted... the player will always get enough money to have the best for each role, while the AI will stick to its arranged fleets.

Sadly this is true in the current campaign, but I really hope that this becomes false. In my opinion it just makes things incredibly boring and immersion breaking when the player can afford the best of the best within a month, but somehow all other fleets can't...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6