Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.86-RC3)  (Read 988842 times)

Borgoid

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Neutrino Corp. (v. 1.7)
« Reply #525 on: September 30, 2013, 11:20:26 AM »

Well see now I have a problem with you, you used a hashtag :P

Valefore regarding the cruisers and capitals:
Firstly the Lathe is a monster, iirc it used to be classed as a capital ship and it still feels like one. It's a lot like flying around a Tenzen with a better shield, typical weakness vs multiple small targets but it's so well armored and so maneuverable with the phase skimmer that it's rarely a problem.

The Maul is pretty unique and I'd say completely overpowered, neutrino ships already deal with large ships easily and the Maul does that with the added advantage of absolutely crushing smaller ships, I'm not even sure how to kill it if I'm honest. Pretty much any high dps weapon on this thing is devastating

The Nirvash is really freaking hard to use, effective but.. not in my hands and I'm not willing to take the time to learn to use it well.

TheEnd is pretty much the final say in combat carriers,at least for the non-capitals. The AI doesn't handle it very well but in a human players hands it's a monster.

Not a lot to say about the capitals, they're all exceptionally strong and quite a few of them excel vs multiple targets while retaining their dueling effectiveness. I'm not a huge fan of the asymmetrical Jackhammer though, it's a bit ungainly to use.

Oh I almost forgot about the Colossus - Even if you don't recall/call the drone to refresh its flux reserves, this thing can duel it out with an Onslaught and crush it. Also you can throw on both Unstable injectors and Augmented engines ( at least until 0.61) and cruise around at a balmy 137 speed, (22 base + 50 0-flux + 40 from hull mods + 25 from combat skill) it's pretty hilarious.

Erick Doe

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
  • "Pretty cunning, don't you think?"
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 30, 2013, 02:44:33 PM »

I don't think this is the place to discuss "how people interpret Uomoz's opinion".

I will say this though: his comment on credit cost was aimed at FlashFrozen, and I'm sure that he knows what Uomoz was refering to.

I did. I happen to agree that credit cost is a poor way of balancing things out. It is because (at the moment) credits can easily be dismissed as a balancing factor as it is too easy to get a hold of.

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 30, 2013, 02:57:03 PM »

I never gave any negative feedback, I was just stating an opinion. I didn't try to change any other mind over this matter, so your example is pretty faulted there. I do believe that people can have different opinions and trying to change the other's is not always a good way to deal with it. It was not negative to begin with, not even criticism! I was in a hurry and wrote something quick, you guys read way too much into it.
I think you misunderstood me on the use of that term... I didn't imply anything negative per se by using the term 'negative feedback'. It should be a neutral term.
But I'd say the opinion was in fact criticism to the idea 'Credit costs are significant in balance', at least that's what it looks like in context. But here also, I'm not implying any emotional or moral charge. It should be perfectly fine and also very helpful for a community to criticize each other and offer solutions, as long as that is helpful and done in good intent (Much like the scientific community). After all, that's why there's a forum. Sure changing opinions may be hard but I think I rarely saw people in this forum unable to take in other people's laid out opinions.

But Yeah, thanks for taking in what I had to say.

I don't think this is the place to discuss "how people interpret Uomoz's opinion".
I will say this though: his comment on credit cost was aimed at FlashFrozen, and I'm sure that he knows what Uomoz was refering to.
I agree. But Silver Silence and FlashFrozen's replies didn't look so fond to me, although this could be obtrusive on my part. But there are at least some people who agree with me, and there's not really a different forum to discuss such matters, so I decided to take it out here where it was hot. I apologize for going off topic though, especially sorry to FlashFrozen.

Valefore regarding the cruisers and capitals:
Firstly the Lathe is a monster, iirc it used to be classed as a capital ship and it still feels like one. It's a lot like flying around a Tenzen with a better shield, typical weakness vs multiple small targets but it's so well armored and so maneuverable with the phase skimmer that it's rarely a problem.

The Maul is pretty unique and I'd say completely overpowered, neutrino ships already deal with large ships easily and the Maul does that with the added advantage of absolutely crushing smaller ships, I'm not even sure how to kill it if I'm honest. Pretty much any high dps weapon on this thing is devastating

The Nirvash is really freaking hard to use, effective but.. not in my hands and I'm not willing to take the time to learn to use it well.

TheEnd is pretty much the final say in combat carriers,at least for the non-capitals. The AI doesn't handle it very well but in a human players hands it's a monster.

Not a lot to say about the capitals, they're all exceptionally strong and quite a few of them excel vs multiple targets while retaining their dueling effectiveness. I'm not a huge fan of the asymmetrical Jackhammer though, it's a bit ungainly to use.

Oh I almost forgot about the Colossus - Even if you don't recall/call the drone to refresh its flux reserves, this thing can duel it out with an Onslaught and crush it. Also you can throw on both Unstable injectors and Augmented engines ( at least until 0.61) and cruise around at a balmy 137 speed, (22 base + 50 0-flux + 40 from hull mods + 25 from combat skill) it's pretty hilarious.
Okay... I think my problem was that I was thinking in mainly old version terms. I thought of the Nirvash for cruiser and Jackhammer for capital, and a lot of others were modded or added later. It definitely seems that Neutrino is somewhat overpowered and I can now see that it is more than I thought.

Well I'll just wait for the next version and see what happens because this is my favorite mod. Hope it lives long.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 30, 2013, 03:04:11 PM »

You wanted to make it hot, I just wrote down an opinion and I believe that Flash have no issue with me whatsoever, as I don't have any with him. I love his mod, and he knows it. You are generating forum drama without any reason. I don't even know what posts are you referring to, reading back this thread. Just stop it here. :) Peace!

valefore

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 30, 2013, 04:00:06 PM »

You wanted to make it hot, I just wrote down an opinion and I believe that Flash have no issue with me whatsoever, as I don't have any with him. I love his mod, and he knows it. You are generating forum drama without any reason. I don't even know what posts are you referring to, reading back this thread. Just stop it here. :) Peace!
That is very strange because just a few pages before (specifically, 9/23), you had an obvious conflict with Silver Silence, with other people joining in. I don't know if you consider that daily and normal but that amounts to small clashes for people around me.

Uomoz, the only time you like a faction is when it's ships are balanced almost to the point of incompetence against any half decent foe.
I find that a rather strongly formulated opinion. And not one that belongs in this thread.
At least what you just said is more serious than this one.

BTW, I may have made this 'forum drama' right after that incident (and few took interest fortunately or unfortunately) but the first comment I made in reply to you just yesterday should have been to the point, without mentioning anyone else in particular but a one line opinion on the way you write 1 sentence comments. Everything after that emerged by going back and forth with people in between, so don't put ALL the blame on me.

Finally, if you want to STOP, try not to make accusations, because with those going back and forth, it'll just go on forever. I understand now that you really didn't take in my or Borgoid's suggestion and don't look nicely upon me. However, I NEVER accused you of anything like malicious intent, inconsideration of other people, dumbness and so on, which you are accusing me of by saying "You wanted to make it hot" and "You are generating forum drama without reason".

As things are now, it looks like this will turn into a fight for the 'last word', without neither side yielding, so you can have the last word after this. Just understand that I can take in criticism but I HAD to confront accusations.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 04:02:09 PM by valefore »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 30, 2013, 04:15:06 PM »

I'm speechless. Yeah me and other guys had a "pretty standard discussion" a few days ago, and the opinions were pretty much 50\50 for each side. I'm ok with that, for each his own.

You are implying that I have conflicts with persons that actually went and wrote something harsh regarding me, first (had to read the conversation again, but it's crystal clear).

I think your opinion and crusade is blatantly biased.

Please, stop posting here about this, PM me if you want to continue this pointless discussion. You are getting silly. :)

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 30, 2013, 04:20:00 PM »

Jebus guys, I leave my thread alone for a while and all these messages are barely about balance :p

While yes uomoz may be a bit blunt, I believe his intentions are well meaning, but I take all feedback seriously. So if its any consolation I'm testing a rework of neutrino but its all up in the air, so just gimme some of your patience and understanding that I'll try and polish it up as best I can :D

And maybe if I can get this dumb system gen working.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 30, 2013, 04:27:22 PM »

Some guys went a little out of control, but I guess it's fixed now.  ::)

Pm me what you need for the gen, flash, I can set it up in no time.

FasterThanSleepyfish

• Admiral
  • Blub
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 30, 2013, 04:37:06 PM »

Flash, did you buff the Unstable Photon cannon? I got absolutely destroyed in a hammerhead, and I couldn't even touch him. Or maybe I was just playing a midline ship, all of which suck nevertheless.

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 30, 2013, 05:34:01 PM »

Flash, did you buff the Unstable Photon cannon? I got absolutely destroyed in a hammerhead, and I couldn't even touch him. Or maybe I was just playing a midline ship, all of which suck nevertheless.

No one ever complains about the unstable photon cannon, cause it so easy to deny with low tech flak lol.

Didn't buff or nerf it in a long time, but if you do let it split to the final wave, it'll do approx 3k dmg.
Beam pd don't work that well against the unstable projectiles, flak on the otherhand is like a godsend.

Sproiet

• Ensign
  • My advice to you is keep being who you are
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 30, 2013, 06:34:10 PM »

Hey Flash, Loving the mod but I ran into a kind of large problem.
I saw previously in the thread that there was some problem with the CR because of the autonomous nature of the mods. So I was starting a new game and needed some easy cargo space. I turn to the polarity (the box with an engine attached  :P) Maybe an hour later, I realize my CR of the entire fleet has fallen to 0% and going into the fleet tab reveals that my polarity is not 'Combat Ready' and that spikes my supply cost of my fleet up to 20 per day...I had to ditch it.  :-\

FlashFrozen

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 30, 2013, 06:55:44 PM »

Depending on your logistics, the early version of 1.7 ( which is probably the one still up ) has a fairly high supplies usage / day so having too many cargo drones may push your logistics down also, make sure you have at least a couple of crew, if you have like 1 crew, you only have 2 logistics available, there's a minimum amount of crew required before you hit you cap on logistics.

Sproiet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 30, 2013, 06:58:37 PM »

The thing is it went from perfectly normal (.9 supplies per day) to 20 supplies per day and 0% CR overall. I have enough crew and a high enough logistics rating to support my measly 5 ships.

EurypteriD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 30, 2013, 09:19:45 PM »

The thing is it went from perfectly normal (.9 supplies per day) to 20 supplies per day and 0% CR overall. I have enough crew and a high enough logistics rating to support my measly 5 ships.

Did your fuel or cargo space go over the limit?
as i have seen 2 fuel can cause the boat to tip.

Sproiet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: October 01, 2013, 06:55:45 AM »

No, I had under the max for fuel and supplies but when the polarity hits up the fleet, the CR hits rock bottom, Zero.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 106