Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.35a (Preview Released) - Patch Notes  (Read 81315 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: Starfarer 0.35a Preview - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2011, 09:04:13 AM »

Control groups... were exploitable... in some missions, as I found.

I've noticed that some ships, if not given orders, will go and do things on their own, but do they ever capture objectives on their own?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2011, 01:01:28 PM »

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, but I have lurked for quite some time.

Congratulation on the new 0.35a release it great ;D

One idea for the Codex I would love to see, is links for the weapons on the ship pages that takes you to the corresponding weapon page, this along with 'previous' and 'next' navigation between visited pages I think would improve navigation in the Codex.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Hi, and welcome to posting on the forum ;) Thanks for the suggestion - believe it or not, this is actually on my todo list - just couldn't quite squeeze it in, and really wanted to get the release out on Friday. It'll add a lot to the usability of the Codex to have linking, especially as it grows.

I've noticed that some ships, if not given orders, will go and do things on their own, but do they ever capture objectives on their own?

If a ship doesn't find a suitable assignment for itself, it'll go in "search & destroy" mode, hunting down enemy ships - so no, it won't purposefully capture objectives.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2011, 04:04:13 PM »

Yippeeee! Good job Alex on getting this release out the door. Time for some well-deserved rest!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 21, 2011, 09:17:52 AM »

Yippeeee! Good job Alex on getting this release out the door. Time for some well-deserved rest!

:D If by rest you mean posting on this forum non-stop while updating the manual, then yes indeed!

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #79 on: August 21, 2011, 09:37:42 AM »

Minor error in the patch notes btw: friendlies are indicated by a green square on the map, but nothing in-game [the notes say they are always indicated by nothing]

BeanusMaximus

• Captain
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #80 on: January 19, 2012, 10:56:51 AM »

:D If by rest you mean posting on this forum non-stop while updating the manual, then yes indeed!
But you love the forum say you cannot say anything ;D
RAWR (dunno why I did that)

Feel free to follow me on twitter >:D https://twitter.com/#!/TOBeanus

Other than that I have a dream, that dream is to dream of dreaming of dreams.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]