Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Starfarer 0.35a (Preview Released) - Patch Notes  (Read 81310 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Re: Starfarer 0.35a Preview - Live Patch Notes
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2011, 04:30:51 PM »

I presume the intermediate release is specifically for warroom functionality testing (and for the new beam weapon types?)

(another question: How will the changes impact missions like the original impossible one (Dire Straits)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 04:40:01 PM by Avan »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2011, 12:35:40 AM »

So, in v0.35 we will see fitting screen?

One question: will we able to do in next versions of Starfarer animated ship models?

P.S. Even for version 0.34 release are very stable and moddable, great job!

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2011, 09:56:04 AM »

I presume the intermediate release is specifically for warroom functionality testing (and for the new beam weapon types?)

Yeah, plus whatever other features I can sneak in :)

(another question: How will the changes impact missions like the original impossible one (Dire Straits)

I'll have to do a balancing pass and see. As-is, I think the mission would *actually* be impossible - though I haven't tried playing it with the new stuff yet. However, I don't think it's due to any limitations of the new system, but more to do with the new ship AI, which takes better advantage of the superior high-tech ships, and the improved admiral AI (which I recoded to use the new system, which, as it turns out, lends itself much better to coding an AI for, since you don't have to take care of so many little details).

One thing that'll make it easier is you're actually able to rally civilian ships where you want now, and they won't engage the enemy while en route.

So, in v0.35 we will see fitting screen?

Yeah, fitting screen in 0.35a. It really ought to be called 0.40a or something - then I wouldn't have to call the intermediate release 0.34.5.a - but meh, nomenclature.

One question: will we able to do in next versions of Starfarer animated ship models?

Can you elaborate on what you mean by animated ship models? The answer is no, though :) Adding doodads like spinning radar towers and blinking lights has been on the list for a while, but features and functional improvements take priority for now.

P.S. Even for version 0.34 release are very stable and moddable, great job!

Thanks!

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 07, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »

I'm eager to get my hands on the new version. Do you have an ETA for its release?

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 07, 2011, 12:06:12 PM »

Let me put it this way - I'm focusing my efforts on polishing things up and getting it out ASAP. If I had to guess, I'd say 1-2 weeks or so. I can't wait to release it, myself!

Edit: this is for the pre-0.35a release, with the new fleet control and some other stuff (new ships, weapons, etc).

Captain Ironblood

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2011, 03:04:06 PM »

Just got this game two days ago and I'm in love. It's like you took all the things I ever thought would make for a great space game straight from my head and poured it all out into Java. I already can't wait for the new release, I'm really excited to see where you take this game. Keep up the amazing work!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 04:42:19 PM »

Thank you, that's quite  compliment!

USMC Kato

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2011, 06:26:59 PM »

Just got this game two days ago and I'm in love. It's like you took all the things I ever thought would make for a great space game straight from my head and poured it all out into Java. I already can't wait for the new release, I'm really excited to see where you take this game. Keep up the amazing work!

+1

Fantastic game! I hope and pray for this game's success because space games like this are so rare these days.  I'll be sure to do my part and tell my friends about your game.  Keep up the good work and thanks for making amazing game.

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2011, 09:40:16 PM »

I'm looking forward to the impeding preview release ;)

My work this summer has been taking a good amount of my time recently, which is why I haven't been on much lately

Ostsol

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »

Well, I still suck, but I love the new fleet control interface. Less micromanagement is always better! :)

Avan

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2011, 08:49:22 PM »

For those who have not tried it, I recommend playing through the fleet control tutorial first, just to get a feel for the new controls.

Blips

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 19, 2011, 09:56:08 PM »

I never checked out the last update but I'll be downloading this one tonight or tomorrow to pass the time till Deus Ex comes out...  :P

Surveyor

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2011, 03:14:38 AM »

New fleet controls are a blast! A huge improvement from the old ones. I love how you got rid of control groups  :D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2011, 08:27:06 AM »

Thanks guys! I hope you like it, but looking forward to your feedback in either case :)

Ixiohm

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2011, 08:44:53 AM »

Hello everyone,

this is my first post here, but I have lurked for quite some time.

Congratulation on the new 0.35a release it great ;D

One idea for the Codex I would love to see, is links for the weapons on the ship pages that takes you to the corresponding weapon page, this along with 'previous' and 'next' navigation between visited pages I think would improve navigation in the Codex.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6