Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Woops!  (Read 2396 times)

JohnWildkins

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Woops!
« on: April 19, 2012, 04:01:05 PM »

So I started a new game with Omega's Minimash and after starting with a Brawler MkII and getting a second ship, a Wolf-class, I happened upon a battle between a massive Tri-Tachyon and Hegemony fleet. Tri-Tachyon lost, and retreated with one ship. I engaged it, to find that it wasn't battle ready. I didn't see what I had won until I saw the victory screen. I couldn't believe what I had found...but here it is.

Omega-class Balanced Dreadnought
1x Large Universal, 8v Medium Missile, 10x Large Energy, 24x Medium Energy, 26x Small Energy
40000 hull integrity, 1750 armor rating

I am waiting for supply ships to drop off more green crew to fill it with, as it happens it's fully fit, or at least mostly. Still, it's valued at about...oh, 1.4 million credits.

Having great fun with the game, keep up the good work! And thanks to Omega for his awesome mashup, just wish it was a bigger map because it's pretty uh...clustered.

craftomega

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Woops!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 04:03:06 PM »

hah im glad your liking my mod!  ;D

Have fun with your new massive ship!

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 04:08:14 PM »

Might be a good idea for you to put the Omega in the last fleet slot, just until you get the crew for it. Don't wanna get ambushed like that, when you could easily defend yourself otherwise :P

factotum

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 11:36:22 PM »

Why on earth did you even attack that monster with a pair of frigates in the first place? You have guts, I'll give you that...  ;)

bluey101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 03:06:50 PM »

Why on earth did you even attack that monster with a pair of frigates in the first place? You have guts, I'll give you that...  ;)

------------------
save
attack
if lose reload
repeat until won
------------------

that's my basic strategy in these situations
Ut lumen obscurant stelle potentiam tuam et vias tuas.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »

Congratulations, that is quite a catch. You'll be able to squash any fleet with just that single ship if you refit it decently (and then crew it).
Until then, though, you should put it last in your fleet so your two frigates are crewed and can fight.

Why on earth did you even attack that monster with a pair of frigates in the first place? You have guts, I'll give you that...  ;)

As long as you choose to attack instead of flee (in the encounter dialogue) you can instantly and safely escape any battle unharmed by just deploying all your ships and having them turn around and flee from the bottom border of the battle map.

So if your fleet is small nothing can ever be of any harm for you, even if you accidently get caught by a superior opponent.
Only if you choose the "flee" option in the encounter dialogue will you be screwed, because then the bottom border of the battle map will become invalid for retreating.