Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Multi barreled weapons  (Read 4158 times)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Multi barreled weapons
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:21:24 AM »

Two questions.

1. The guardian DP, have it so the beams meet at a certain point, where in the code dose this happend? Whenever I try to make a multi barreled weapon like it it just fires straight...

2. Does the damage (in beam weapons) split up between the beams (from the diffrent barrels) or does every single beam make the stated damage from the weapon_data file? ex. 100 damage in weapon_data file, tree beams (barrels) = 300 dmg, OR 33.33 x 3?

Thanks!

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Multi barreled weapons
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39:47 AM »

I believe Alex has stated elsewhere that the Guardian is a hack at the minute, presumably hardcoded only.

And point 2: I would also like to know the answer to this. Also on a similar point, what about flux usage for multi barreled energy weapons firing in bursts? It seems like the flux gets used on the opening of the burst?

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 09:47:19 AM »

For multi-barreled beams, it's split up.

The flux usage for burst weapons (multi-barrel or not) can happen either on charge up, or per shot - this is governed by the "interruptibleBurst" setting. If it's interruptible, it's charged per shot and can be interrupted by maxing out flux. Otherwise, it's charged upfront (flux per shot * num shots) and the entire burst then fires.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 10:55:16 AM »

For multi-barreled beams, it's split up.

The flux usage for burst weapons (multi-barrel or not) can happen either on charge up, or per shot - this is governed by the "interruptibleBurst" setting. If it's interruptible, it's charged per shot and can be interrupted by maxing out flux. Otherwise, it's charged upfront (flux per shot * num shots) and the entire burst then fires.

Thanks for the answers, and it's very good to get it confirmed that the damage is indeed split up.

So the guardian is a hack as mendonca mantioned, and in this moment we are not able to duplicate the beam setting?

Again Thank you!

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:27:23 AM »

My pleasure!

So the guardian is a hack as mendonca mantioned, and in this moment we are not able to duplicate the beam setting?

Yep, it's a hack.