Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.7.1a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.98 (New ships, market balancing act)  (Read 84802 times)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Newest  --> HERE <--

############INCOMMING MESSAGE############

Captain.

We have just decoded a message from a gateway exploration team that was reported missing months ago. I have to say that all the data was quite corrupted when we got it but you can now view a LCF of the supposed battle, noone but you are to see this until further notice from higher up. I need not say how serious this is, as you can see in the picure above.
   You'll have to Download the full report to your terminal, we have technical problems in the D€codin# Lab %t s&%ms to ha¤((#(""12#/d1e"&"772OOoooooooo

¤w&#e###$s##END OF MESSAGE##e#%e&y#%ou#

Instructions
1. click the link in the PM
2. Unzip it
3. put it in the "mods" folder
4. Start the Spacefarer launcher and activate the mod
5. Start the mission "odd Signals"
6. ¤*5%"¤ bac¤ he¤#% w¤%#"

Features:
Spoiler
  • Three missions - Damn hard
  • Nihilic presence in the campaign
  • Seven ships for the Nihilics
  • Bunch of weapons
[close]

Edit: updated 0.22
Edit: updated 0.3 - balanced weapons, remade all playerships configurations.
Edit: updated 0.31 - balancing.
Edit: updated 0.38 - New ship types, new mission (as "the enemy")!
Edit: updated 0.38b - Fixed a problem in the new mission....
Edit: updated 0.38c - ... Fixed the mission problem for real, and fixed a few offsets on the Null.
Edit: updated 0.39 - Re balanced the mission, and ships.
Edit: updated 0.40 - Re balanced the mission again, weapons, and "fixed" the fighter shields, in that they don't have any ^^
Edit: updated 0.41 - Added new sounds! They are still not optimal in that they are .wav and BIG, the mod is now about 1.4mb.
Edit: Back from the dead! Updated to 0.75! Campaign mode is in aswell as tree new ships and some new weapons, two missions are revamped and still in!(PS let me know if the link is a dud...)
Edit: updated to 0.76 - Fixed some stats for less imbaness, and fixed some general buggyness.
Edit: updated to 0.81 - Manipulated missions to be less insane AND added a new one!

Edit: updated to 0.82(b) - Managed some Ship Systems for the Nihil Ships, fixed a little for the new version.
Edit: updated to 0.82c - missed a "," in a ships file, bad bad Dibuk
Edit: updated to 0.85 - Fixed a bunch of small stuff, added new sound for the 0-core canon, hit the big secret ship with the nerf bat.
Edit: updated to 0.85b - forgot a damn "," again... shields work again.
Edit: updated to 0.88 - Made the mod work with 6.2a, also nerfed the shields a little.
Edit: updated to 0.89 - Fixed buggy cargo and crew values, tweeked the missions (I actually won, can't have that).

Edit: updated to 0.89b - yeah, kinda the same as yesterday but for real, also added support for the most succulent "Trylobot's ship editor" as my variable strings were abominations from 0.26...
Edit: updated to 0.89c - You saw nothing...
Edit: updated to 0.90 - New ship, new gun. New ship is rare and can only be encountered in the campaign.
Edit: updated to 0.95 - The Nihil empire has emigrated to a new system, they could not stand the bright sun of Corvus.
Edit: updated to 0.96 - Well well well, the years fly by. This update mostly makes the mod playable again, had to remake the system which took HOURS (mostly due to ineptitude)
Edit: updated to 0.96a - ninja fix for trading.
Edit: updated to 0.96b - a fix for trading for real this time.
Edit: updated to 0.97 - Encounter music (2 of them, Theme and other), Descriptions (codex entries) for the ships so now you can actually read about the lore hidden in there there are even an ester egg refering to a comment in this very thread!
Edit: updated to 0.98 - Two new ships (one "wing"), new weapons, the Empire also snatched a moon, market balancing.

Now, as zero players will download a mod with no pictures; and I don't want to spoil things for you - you deside how much spoiler YOU want too try out this nifty mod.

SPOLER LEVEL: LOW

Spoiler
[close]

SPOLER LEVEL: MEDIUM

Spoiler
[close]

SPOLER LEVEL: MASSIVE

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 05:45:13 AM by Dibuk »

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: TNE Mission 0.21
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2011, 12:50:21 PM »

One word ....

Ouch.

I love the ships and the weaponry, though.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 01:01:48 PM »

Glad you liked it! I'll add some more missions and ships when the editor comes (I'm not masocistic enough to make more right now).

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 01:20:26 PM »

Frigates and fighters look nice as do the beam effects.  However, I'm getting murdered and haven't even seen the new capital ship.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2011, 01:31:39 PM »

Glad it's not just me!  ;D the EVIL tag is well deserved ...

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:34:32 PM »

Oh there is a new capital ship in there, he's just sneaky (and slow)... I'll make it a bit easier for yah ;)

Edit: updated
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 01:44:47 PM by Dibuk »

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: TNE Mission 0.22 (There is new ships!)
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 03:57:33 PM »

Probably too easy now but was fun all the same :)  I really like how the main beam on the capital ship turned out.  Incidentally, the shields on the Apogee can absorb that beam all day and still regenerate flux.  Means the Apogee can take him on pretty easily toe-to-toe.  Granted, you regret if you get too close or let your shields down :)

CommComms

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 04:48:47 PM »

Man what I would give to trade away those falcons for some tempests to help kill off those frigates and fighters!  I feel like the biggest source of difficulty comes from getting close enough to the darn things to shoot them.  Still beat it eventually though after capping the point and stopping two waves of fighters from coming out.

Also the odd size of that dreadnought seems to be causing some problems with autofire.  Found that when firing at the side of it there's a pretty big buffer zone where the autofire thinks it's in range but it actually isn't.  No idea how fixable this is though.  Hopefully very since I'm a big fan of the awesome largeness of the dreadnought.

tinsoldier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 07:04:13 PM »

Man what I would give to trade away those falcons for some tempests to help kill off those frigates and fighters!  I feel like the biggest source of difficulty comes from getting close enough to the darn things to shoot them.  Still beat it eventually though after capping the point and stopping two waves of fighters from coming out.

It's a little unorthodox but I found taking manual control of the HILs on the default flagship helped.  The enemy fighters tend to drift in a straight line so at a distance it's pretty easy to target them and 3x HILs nuke pretty quick.  That's how I was able to take on all of the fighter fleets.  My preferred load-out would be:

- Apogee
- 2x Tempest
- 2x Wasp Wings

You're right on though, a lot of the difficulty comes from having a mismatched fleet for the opposing force.

Also the odd size of that dreadnought seems to be causing some problems with autofire.  Found that when firing at the side of it there's a pretty big buffer zone where the autofire thinks it's in range but it actually isn't.  No idea how fixable this is though.  Hopefully very since I'm a big fan of the awesome largeness of the dreadnought.

Maybe Alex is cheating on the targeting for the AI by looking at the bounding-circle for the enemy ship rather than the actual hull outline.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:38 AM »

Probably too easy now but was fun all the same :)  I really like how the main beam on the capital ship turned out.  Incidentally, the shields on the Apogee can absorb that beam all day and still regenerate flux.  Means the Apogee can take him on pretty easily toe-to-toe.  Granted, you regret if you get too close or let your shields down :)

Thanks for this info, I'll try to fix this for the next version.

You're right on though, a lot of the difficulty comes from having a mismatched fleet for the opposing force.

That's a bit of the point, as they are a Loooooong range expedition small ships would not make sence... Or so I think.
Nonetheless I'll fix the ship-types you have and there configurations .

Also the odd size of that dreadnought seems to be causing some problems with autofire.  Found that when firing at the side of it there's a pretty big buffer zone where the autofire thinks it's in range but it actually isn't.  No idea how fixable this is though.  Hopefully very since I'm a big fan of the awesome largeness of the dreadnought.
Maybe Alex is cheating on the targeting for the AI by looking at the bounding-circle for the enemy ship rather than the actual hull outline.
[/quote]

I think the problem is that they aim for the "collisionRadius" of the ships (Not sure though) and I'll try to tinker with it. It will be ALOT easier when the editor comes around.

Edit: new version out, much harder now - yet more balanced.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 02:14:09 AM by Dibuk »

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: TNE Mod 0.38 (New ships & missions)
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 07:35:57 AM »

Major update to 0.38, New ship type and new mission as the "other side"...

Jack A T

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: TNE Mod 0.39 (New ships & missions)
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 07:15:30 PM »

I very much enjoyed the mission Raider's of Nihil. The ship's just nice to fly (then again, I love anything fast with beam weapons and shields).  However, the mission is definitely easier than the average Medium mission, and I'd put it in the Easy category.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2011, 07:31:21 AM »

Finally had a chance to try it out, nice work!

Some shields are off-center and all that, but it's really fun and I like the visual style. Safe to say it's Chaos-inspired, I think :)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2011, 12:26:49 PM »

Finally had a chance to try it out, nice work!

Some shields are off-center and all that, but it's really fun and I like the visual style. Safe to say it's Chaos-inspired, I think :)

Yeah, I'll get around to dose pesky shields. They are not inspiered by wh40k chaos (But I do love Chaos!) if thats whats you mean, they are actually losely based of a swedish PnP Rpg "race" of sentient atoms... Kinda...
  I'm glad you checked it out! And I don't have to tell you I'm looking forward to the editor! :D

I very much enjoyed the mission Raider's of Nihil. The ship's just nice to fly (then again, I love anything fast with beam weapons and shields).  However, the mission is definitely easier than the average Medium mission, and I'd put it in the Easy category.

I agree on that, but Instead of lowering the grade, I'll make the mission a tad bit harder. And focus more on the planet that you are raiding.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: TNE Mod 0.75 (Back from the dead!)
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2012, 11:45:15 AM »

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Oh but I do want to!

Hello again after hibernating for almost a year (back in 0.31 when this mode was originally made) I'm back with a massive update (Soooo easy to mod now that there is editors!).

So for the tree of you that remember this mod, the new version is even meaner!
...But I wish there was a way to disable the window over the enemys forces... Try not to look I guess?

Anyway have fun!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6