Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [0.7.1a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.98 (New ships, market balancing act)  (Read 84981 times)

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.96a (At least it works again! +ninjafix)
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2015, 12:02:22 AM »

This mod effectively changes the prices of both fuel and supplies to +700 from day 1.

Nope, nope nope. All of my nope.

That's odd. I'll look in to that. Thanks for the report!
EDIT: I've fixed it, was a big ol' dumb bug. Go enjoy your 120credit supplies now.

Thanks Daniel. Now I don't have to ask...

(Darn, I missed this mod, the gloomy we will all die ships were among my favourites before the market revolution ate them...)

Staph it you!

Also now you gave Daniel ideas that he is some kind of hero, thaanks..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:51:50 AM by Dibuk »

ChrisH

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.96a (At least it works again! +ninjafix)
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2015, 04:47:48 AM »

This mod effectively changes the prices of both fuel and supplies to +700 from day 1.

Nope, nope nope. All of my nope.

That's odd. I'll look in to that. Thanks for the report!
EDIT: I've fixed it, was a big ol' dumb bug. Go enjoy your 120credit supplies now.

Thanks Daniel. Now I don't have to ask...

(Darn, I missed this mod, the gloomy we will all die ships were among my favourites before the market revolution ate them...)

Staph it you!

Also now you gave Daniel ideas that he is some kind of hero, thaanks..

I gotta tell you man, I did not expect that was so easily fixable and so quick. Let me redownload that *** right away.
Looking forward to exploring more on this mod, best one based on the wrapping paper so far imo

ChrisH

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Yeah I went to grab a relay and crashed :( May be other mods messing with that though

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Yeah I went to grab a relay and crashed :( May be other mods messing with that though

I just tested it with the current version and it works to interact with relays on my end, I have no idea what mods would be compatible with this one :/

(you gave me a scare though as the test version I'm working at right now crashes at relays so I though I missed something in the live one.)

Also to see the "new stuff" I recommend the missions first, "odd signals" 1 & 2. (you don't have to beat them, it's ok.)

EDIT: I noted that the version number is wrong on the live build but that is of no consequence at long as the .zip file says 0.96b
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 05:09:36 AM by Dibuk »

Ryu116

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This mod is looking so epic!  I want to know if there is any chance this mod could work with Nexerelin?  I am creating different versions of starsectors and I am trying to figure the combinations of mods that will work and doesn't work together.  I am looking forward trying this mod out.  I loved the design of dark ships looking type in this mod.  I am definately going to try Nihilic Empire vs Starsectors and other add-on factions mods.

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

This mod is looking so epic!  I want to know if there is any chance this mod could work with Nexerelin?  I am creating different versions of starsectors and I am trying to figure the combinations of mods that will work and doesn't work together.  I am looking forward trying this mod out.  I loved the design of dark ships looking type in this mod.  I am definately going to try Nihilic Empire vs Starsectors and other add-on factions mods.

I have no idea about mod compatibility, I guess it should work as the mod doesn't poke around in "world"-things much. I have experimented in faction reputation to other mods though, but nothing official.

If you find mods that does work with it please let me know so I can but it on the ancient first post!  ;)

I'll throw up another update soon enough with some typo fixes, music for encounter with the "gloomy-we-will-all-die-ships" and possible some descriptions (would be about time).
« Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 01:24:12 AM by Dibuk »

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.97 (Encounter music and descriptions!)
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2015, 10:11:35 AM »

Promised update with descriptions (a comment in this thread inspired the existence of an Easter egg in one of the ship descriptions) for the ships. There are probably many typos and grammatical infidelities but 1) I'm slightly dyslectic, 2) I'm not a native English speaker and 3) I'm too lazy to proof-read.

Also I somehow managed to get supplies cost down to about 50c soo.. enjoy that?

Dibuk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.7.1a]~The Nihilic Empire~ 0.98 (New ships, market balancing act)
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2015, 05:44:50 AM »

So I almost broke my back the other day and can't really do much, so here's an update. Two new ships (modified the "raiders of nihil" mission to show them), some new variants on existing ships and new weapons (3 or 4 I think).

Shedovv

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2015, 06:53:50 PM »

That Dreadnought looks scary as ***. But untill there is a confirmation that it does work with other faction etc mods. I am afraid I ain't going to touch this.

NightfallGemini

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 04, 2016, 06:25:05 PM »

Will the next version have increased burn speeds? I really want to try the ships, but I can't justify them at that low of burn speed. :x

Zenobious

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 08, 2016, 11:00:38 AM »

That Dreadnought looks scary as ***. But untill there is a confirmation that it does work with other faction etc mods. I am afraid I ain't going to touch this.

How are you defining "work with"? Right now I'm running Nexerelin, SS+, and a whole bunch of faction mods: AI War, Blackrock Drive Yards, Citadel, Diable Avionics, Interstellar Imperium, Mayorate, Neutrino, PBC, Shadowyards, Templars, Tiandong, and various other utility mods. It works -- it doesn't *crash* at least -- although I haven't actually tried a Nexerelin playthrough as the Nihil yet, so i'm not actually sure if they'd work properly.

If by "work with" you mean "balanced with vanilla and other vanilla-balanced mods"... well, not really.

Will the next version have increased burn speeds? I really want to try the ships, but I can't justify them at that low of burn speed. :x

The latest update has changed burn speeds to be in line with other ships. The slowest is the Irritum super-dread, at burn 6. There's no more burn 3 or 4 on half the ships like before.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 08, 2016, 01:03:20 PM »

I don't think the Nihilic work with Nex right now.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

Takion Kasukedo

• Admiral
  • No longer drinking (Alcohol that is)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2016, 05:37:23 PM »

The Nihilic Empire works with Nexerelin definetly, currently have them in a playthrough, although I haven't gotten into a battle with them yet.

Lots of other faction mods on as well, and they work fine.
Is now able to cook a decent Creamy Salmon Pasta, amok other things.

Still loves purple. Still not skilled enough to make a mod that doesn't get that one damn error.

SpaceRiceBowl

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2016, 05:46:57 PM »

Alright, nice to know. Didn't think they would since Nex support isn't mentioned on the original post.
I really don't know what I'm doing...

spartan117pr

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 06, 2016, 03:45:23 PM »

Not sure if its intended but these ships are the hummers of starsector. I have to get max fuel reserves just to make a short jump through hyperspace.  :o
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6