Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] Degenerate Portrait Pack v1.1  (Read 210330 times)

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] Degenerate Portrait Pack v1.1
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2019, 07:52:48 AM »

For what it's worth, Soren, I appreciate the mod even if I don't intend to use it in a serious game! That's a loooooooooooooooooooooooootta anime waifus you've collected. :P

Harmful Mechanic

• Admiral
  • On break.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2019, 08:00:30 AM »

I can't tell if you're being facetious, but it's not my mod. I don't particularly like it, but I don't think it should be removed. The original disagreement was about it adding portraits to mod factions, which is kind of uncool.

Then some newbie decided to start the argument back up by randomly insulting people.

Clibanarius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2019, 11:31:19 AM »

Whoops, my mistake there, yeah. I realized shortly after posting, haha. No matter!

oorek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2019, 03:03:40 PM »

I'm not angry; I don't actually care if I 'win people over', especially not you. The argument was resolved before some newbie showed up and decided to claim something that wasn't true in order to start an argument. You're assisting that, which makes your net contribution negative.

1) I have been playing Star Sector longer than you, so I find the use of "newbie" puzzling

2) Everything I wrote is correct - there is nothing unlawful about this mod. The person who said so was making a childish attempt to censor something he doesn't like. You are now making an equally childish attempt to circle the wagons and pretend he didn't do anything wrong.

Tartiflette

• Admiral
  • MagicLab discord: https://discord.gg/EVQZaD3naU
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2019, 03:10:08 PM »

You do realize that all you may achieve here is to manage to get this mod closed too, do you?

oorek

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2019, 03:31:07 PM »

You do realize that all you may achieve here is to manage to get this mod closed too, do you?

Why do you deflect and shift blame?
An old member of the community tried to scare away a fledgeling modder with threats that his 100% fair-usage of anime pictures in his mod is totes illegal.
This kind of behavior should be called out whenever it's attempted - it's awful and damaging to the modding community.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2019, 03:44:48 PM »

Locking this for now.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]