Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Tyrian 2000 ship + weapon + bullet sprites (pictures added)  (Read 21961 times)

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
Tyrian 2000 ship + weapon + bullet sprites (pictures added)
« on: April 14, 2012, 05:43:01 PM »

Use em as you will.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/pf322x

They are all quite small, but they might make good fighter sprites.

I'll be doing the weapon and bullet effects tomorrow.

EDIT: Here are the weapon and bullet sprites as well, there's lots of 'em.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/w8ua9x

This is what it basically looks like. Most of the ships are of the size of the tiny one (third from the left). Those big sheets on the right are not included, those have bin cut up to their individual effects (not all of them).
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 02:03:17 PM by Vandala »

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrian 2000 ship + weapon + bullet sprites
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 10:05:55 AM »

Bump for new content, weapons and bullets added.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 10:10:50 AM »

The weapons are pretty cool, I think I might actually use some of them. Thanks for uploading.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 10:15:35 AM »

Might be funny if somebody made a mod with it, take various combinations of front and rear guns as hard points (no turret except on the bigger ships maybe) for the various ships and play that way.

Probably doesn't work gameplay wise but it might be just fun to see.

I'll bet you can even do the side ships by just placing the weapon besides the ship.

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2012, 08:08:17 AM »

nice mod i love tyrian 2000 can you make more ships or can you tell me how to make i want to form a team

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2012, 10:54:11 AM »

This is not a mod it's just pictures people can put into a mod if they want to.

I just cut and modify the original sprites from the game to make them usable for starfarer. There are still a few ships that I need to do and there's quite a bit of content that I find unusable so I didn't include it.

Plus all this stuff is rather small, I think I'll post bigger versions of it at some later time, right now I'm working of Master of Orion 2 ships, there's more then 300 of the *** things and some are playing difficult.

What I've done here is the simplest thing in the world, take this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ej2cj
Those are the originals, simply cut them up any way you like and make sure they get a transparent background, and turn them around so they face north, and that's all there is to it.
Don't ask me how to do it on a windows system, I don't work with those programs, I'm running linux and use GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP for short)

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2012, 04:27:16 PM »

This is not a mod it's just pictures people can put into a mod if they want to.

I just cut and modify the original sprites from the game to make them usable for starfarer. There are still a few ships that I need to do and there's quite a bit of content that I find unusable so I didn't include it.

Plus all this stuff is rather small, I think I'll post bigger versions of it at some later time, right now I'm working of Master of Orion 2 ships, there's more then 300 of the *** things and some are playing difficult.

What I've done here is the simplest thing in the world, take this link: http://www.sendspace.com/file/7ej2cj
Those are the originals, simply cut them up any way you like and make sure they get a transparent background, and turn them around so they face north, and that's all there is to it.
Don't ask me how to do it on a windows system, I don't work with those programs, I'm running linux and use GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP for short)

hmm thank you for the hint ;) i have windows but i will try it but i have one question do you like linux more as windows ???

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2012, 05:10:58 PM »

puuu pretty hard.i have try out to make a ship but its really really hard i need weeks  :-\

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2012, 05:35:31 PM »

Let me put it this way

Windows and I go way, way back. Back when it still had dos running underneath it and everything would be unrecognizable to modern windows users.
I was actually taught by my dad on how to use dos, I grew up on even older systems, with hardware that actually used caset (sp?) tapes as we now use hard disks, damn that time was awesome!

I have used it all the way up until even windows 7.

Then (just a few years ago) I was given linux by a friend, I started with ubuntu, bought a few books on the linux system, tried some other distributions and found crunchbang.

It was love on first sight.

I regret ever having spent time with that damned windows system, that pile of crap has caused me so much grief, such an unforgivable amount of annoyance I will never ever touch it again, not even to play my large collection of games, *** that ***, it's just not worth it.

Linux is not perfect by any means, but it is way beyond what windows will ever be.

All I can hope for now is more people making games that run on linux systems and I'm all good. Luckily there's stuff like the humble indy bundle, those are a great boon to starting over a new games collection.

And of course there's starfarer.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2012, 05:42:17 PM »

You know that GIMP works on windows right? I do use Beta 2.7 (with layergroups :Q) and I'm a Windowsfag.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2012, 05:44:06 PM »

You know that GIMP works on windows right? I do use Beta 2.7 (with layergroups :Q) and I'm a Windowsfag.
Well that makes things much easier for him. GIMP works very well for what I'm doing.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2012, 07:27:09 PM »

@Vandala: good sir, you can install Wine, then install all required libraries and then install Photoshop, nothing gets in the way. As I know Wine available as .rpm or .deb for all possible Linux versions, including such unpopular and expensive ones as RedHat.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2012, 08:09:11 PM »

Let me put it this way

Windows and I go way, way back. Back when it still had dos running underneath it and everything would be unrecognizable to modern windows users.
I was actually taught by my dad on how to use dos, I grew up on even older systems, with hardware that actually used caset (sp?) tapes as we now use hard disks, damn that time was awesome!

I have used it all the way up until even windows 7.

Then (just a few years ago) I was given linux by a friend, I started with ubuntu, bought a few books on the linux system, tried some other distributions and found crunchbang.

It was love on first sight.

I regret ever having spent time with that damned windows system, that pile of crap has caused me so much grief, such an unforgivable amount of annoyance I will never ever touch it again, not even to play my large collection of games, *** that ***, it's just not worth it.

Linux is not perfect by any means, but it is way beyond what windows will ever be.

All I can hope for now is more people making games that run on linux systems and I'm all good. Luckily there's stuff like the humble indy bundle, those are a great boon to starting over a new games collection.

And of course there's starfarer.

that was a nice story sir hehe i own windows 10 years that was a time :P im 18 but i still have windows xp

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2012, 08:20:00 PM »

@Vandala: good sir, you can install Wine, then install all required libraries and then install Photoshop, nothing gets in the way. As I know Wine available as .rpm or .deb for all possible Linux versions, including such unpopular and expensive ones as RedHat.

Or just use virtualbox, that works wonders as well.

The real question is: WHAT THE HELL WOULD YOU WANT TO?! It's windows!! Kill it with fire!!!!

that was a nice story sir hehe i own windows 10 years that was a time :P im 18 but i still have windows xp

Windows is EVIL. It will get you, just you wait, when you least expect it, when everything is going just fine, it will get you.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 08:21:51 PM by Vandala »

spacepilot alex

• Ensign
  • Space time baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2012, 09:15:01 PM »

Windows is EVIL. It will get you, just you wait, when you least expect it, when everything is going just fine, it will get you.
[/quote]

well im sure i own that for the rest of my life hehe
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 09:20:28 PM by spacepilot alex »
Pages: [1] 2