Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 7sides ships  (Read 9556 times)

7sides

• Ensign
    • View Profile
7sides ships
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:39:21 PM »

Hi everyone.
I have been using the wonderful mods that are shared here since I bought the game one month ago.
Now I have decided to join the forum and by doing so I also want to post my attempts at sprites creation.
My ships do not have any mounts as I will not use them in a mod. If someone wants them, or part of them, feel free to grab/modify them.
For now the sprites might not look that good, as they are my first attempts in creating  graphics.
And I will try to create a faction theme and stick to it for every series of ships I make.

The Mohawk Fighter                                  

The Veil Bomber

Rapture Interceptor

The Seth Frigate

The Rodope Frigate

The Weaver Destroyer

The Garth Carrier

« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:03:24 PM by 7sides »

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
Re: 7sides ships
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 07:05:54 PM »

I don't find the absence of visible turret mountings on the sprites to be any problem. Seriously, that's cool with me; kinda liberating, in a way.

Interesting bio-mechanical hybrid look to these ships; more of the same look, please.

The Rodope frigate is a bit light on detail and texture. I don't mean the absence of turrets, though -- those relatively large areas of cream/white hull need some more color variation, or perhaps some greebling. Or both?

Hull perimeters are mildly spoiled by some minor jaggies. No big crisis, but distracting.

Overall, I enjoy what you've done and am eager to see more. Definitely a good reaction. ;D
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 08:59:37 PM »

Yep nice stuff so far - and welcome to the modders' community!

7sides

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2012, 09:13:12 PM »

I have uploaded three more ships. I think that for now my ships look too hand drawn.
If I manage to improve my style in time I will rework them. Otherwise I will make the whole set at that level.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 12:13:27 AM by 7sides »