Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Community Mini-faction Mod  (Read 62621 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mini-faction Mod
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2012, 09:36:00 AM »

Not really, but ill get around balancing ;)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2012, 12:52:50 PM »

Would it be too late to release that mini-faction via this mod?
Not at all. However, just keep in mind that this mod probably won't be released for a fair bit of time. But I suppose there's nothing stopping you releasing it separately, if you want to do that as well.

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 01, 2012, 02:32:53 PM »

Not at all. However, just keep in mind that this mod probably won't be released for a fair bit of time. But I suppose there's nothing stopping you releasing it separately, if you want to do that as well.

Cool beans. I'll see how I get on, might be good to wait to iron out the balance bits and rough sprite edges that I normally ignore for a few revisions.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 23, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I still want to continue to work on this. However, I only have two submissions so far. My own faction can be completed quickly, as I have all the sprites for it finished, so we'd may as well be at three. Again, I'd like to have at least 5 mini-factions completed before I compile everything together, and release it.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 23, 2012, 12:42:24 PM »

Just to let everyone know, I still want to continue to work on this. However, I only have two submissions so far. My own faction can be completed quickly, as I have all the sprites for it finished, so we'd may as well be at three. Again, I'd like to have at least 5 mini-factions completed before I compile everything together, and release it.

Damn, i thought this had died. Do you still have the AP (Advanced Pirates) contribution?

Also, this has PARTIALLY been somewhat replaced by the GLORIOUS Project CAELUS ;D

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 23, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

Damn, i thought this had died. Do you still have the AP (Advanced Pirates) contribution?

Also, this has PARTIALLY been somewhat replaced by the GLORIOUS Project CAELUS ;D
Neither you nor Sunfire sent me your faction.

And no, this is not replaced by caelus. The mini-faction mod will be balanced, and everything will be merged seamlessly together from both an aesthetic and gameplay perspective. In other words, I'm going for quality above quantity.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 23, 2012, 01:07:18 PM »

And no, this is not replaced by caelus. The mini-faction mod will be balanced, and everything will be merged seamlessly together from both an aesthetic and gameplay perspective. In other words, I'm going for quality above quantity.

"Quantity is an quality in it's own right" -Josef Stalin

"Quantity and Quality combined makes for an unstoppable combination" -Upgradecap

;D

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 23, 2012, 01:23:05 PM »

"Quantity is an quality in it's own right" -Josef Stalin
I think that quote really only applies to killing people, because that's something that Stalin really liked to do.

According to the declassified Soviet archives, during 1937 and 1938, the NKVD detained 1,548,366 victims, of whom 681,692 were shot - an average of 1,000 executions a day (in comparison, the Tsarists executed 3,932 persons for political crimes from 1825 to 1910 - an average of less than 1 execution per week).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Edit: Forgot about Mendonca's ASP Syndicate. We're at 4 factions, 5 if Upgradecap/Sunfire submit theirs. Still, 5 is the bare minimum, it would be nice to have one or two more factions to play with.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 01:44:12 PM by Psiyon »

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2012, 01:45:20 PM »

I would quite like to see how this mod plays once it's done. If only to see if I could actually make a vanilla balanced faction :P

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2012, 05:00:54 PM »

I do not have the completed mod, Upgrade should have it
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]