Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: Community Mini-faction Mod  (Read 62786 times)

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
Re: Community Mini-faction Mod
« Reply #90 on: April 13, 2012, 11:55:45 AM »

Alright then, that's not too bad I suppose. We'll see how it works once it's ingame.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 13, 2012, 11:56:04 AM »

Oddly enough, that doesn't work for me.  The chargeup slows the fire rate down.  It doesn't seem like the 9999 burst size works.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 13, 2012, 11:59:08 AM »

awwww.... my color coded excel sheet got turned into a bunch of jumbled line of info  >:(
[Moderator] I fixed it for you because I am nice

Also finished another ship, do you think a destroyer with 2 large hardpoints and 1 small turret is fair, because it is extremely vulnerable to any strike craft, despite its 2 large hardpoints?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 05:37:19 PM by Trylobot »

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 13, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »

Also finished another ship, do you think a destroyer with 2 large hardpoints and 1 small turret is fair, because it is extremely vulnerable to any strike craft, despite its 2 large hardpoints?

Yeah, that sounds like it might work.

---

And here's the fourth ship: The Tornado

Kind of went out on a limb with this one's design. Hopefully it looks good ingame.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 15, 2012, 03:53:41 PM »

Alright, UpgradeCap is almost done coding, we have done some balance work, and our part of the mod should be done in the next few days.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 15, 2012, 04:05:46 PM »

Panther Frigate: (versions: Assault, Close Support, Strike)

Armament; x1 Medium Universal (360 Degrees) , x2 Small Energy, x2 Small Missile
Roles: Assault, Close Support, Strike

Hawk Medium Carrier: (Modifed Hammerhead)

Armament; x4 Small Energy, x1 Medium Ballistic (360 Degrees), x2 Flight Deck
Roles: Refit/Repair, Point-Defense

Well, that more or less concludes the Independent addon.  I may or may not add another Support Fighter, so keep an eye out.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 04:12:22 PM by TheSoldier »
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Sunfire

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 15, 2012, 04:15:46 PM »

Those look very good, I really like the panther (i will so be using it when the mod comes out, could it be a starting ship?)

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 15, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »

well it seems my mini faction has become a full blown mod, so it probably wont end up in here.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2012, 04:37:05 PM »

Those look very good, I really like the panther (i will so be using it when the mod comes out, could it be a starting ship?)
Thanks! It being a starting ship is Psiyon's decision, but it's be fun to start out with it.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2012, 05:06:44 PM »

Looking good, TheSoldier. Are these ships ingame, or is it just the sprites you have completed?

@Cordacc - Probably for the best. It would have been difficult to balance your ships with the other factions in this mod properly. Good luck with your independent project.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 16, 2012, 11:46:20 AM »

Looking good, TheSoldier. Are these ships ingame, or is it just the sprites you have completed?
All are in-game and real for battle!
I'm still looking for a midline freighter, could anyone do that?

EDIT:
Scratch that last part, there's the Gemini.  Totally forgot about that freighter, it's kinda unused.  This mod will make it used! ;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 16, 2012, 11:59:04 AM »

@Psiyon i think me and sunfire has pretty much compelted our faction. Execpt for one cruiser, which i'll make tommorow since i wont do any coding today. TOO MUCH!!!!

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 16, 2012, 12:00:11 PM »

I think my stuff is at the "getting there" stage. Just a couple of things to do, and a couple of kinks to work out in some of the things. As well as liberal doses of !!SCIENCE!!

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2012, 04:44:56 PM »

7th and final addition to the newly christened "League of Nonaligned Worlds" (a.k.a LNW or League Navy)

Angel Support Fighter Wing:

Armament; x2 Railgun, x2 Sabot (Single), x1 Mining Laser*
*I needed to give it some form of anti-missile defense without it becoming too similar to the Longbow.  This is what I came up with.h

Author's Notes:
Named the "Angel" because of the shape the wings create when they are folded down to provide more space for weapons(wings are folded up for storage).  The shape also gives way to the reason why strike and bomber pilots named it: it was something like a godsend to them, saving friendly lives by bringing down enemy shields and overloading reactors to make way for the heavy-hitting ships to fly over and release their ordnance.  This ship has amazing maneuverability because of the quad engines mounted in the center and wings.  One can turn on a dime in seconds by just cutting one engine slightly.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 16, 2012, 04:53:42 PM »

I like the Angel, reminds me of the Death Gliders/X-302s from Stargate.

@ everyone else: Good work. I'm pretty behind myself--but I guess that's what I get for working on two projects at once.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10