Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229360 times)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7)
« Reply #330 on: May 04, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »

Quote from: X4R3H
The material doesn't manipulate space time - it just stops it.
Stopping time, means manipulation it. Please give me name of theory that supports your statement.

It's internal factories.
It doesn't matter if these factories internal or external. Molecular activity can be just blocked in are of effect. Even more, there is enough to block molecular activity just by blocking metal's ability to change temperature.

It's not a star - technically. I would keep the shield around me by gravitational tethers - and even then, I'm made immune by it by the heatsink armour layer that nullifies all heat based damage. Did I mention that the armour layers add up to about 25,000 KM?
Yeah another thousands. It can nullify damage from heat, but It won't protect from superstring transportation inside of this plasma "sun", you know what is superstring transportation, right?

Well... we can just screen you.
Riiight... And how it works, that it can block everything? Maybe you know some special dimensional signatures or post dimensional degrees, that this "screen" of yours uses?

at 2KM length they hit FTL speeds.
Good sir, you must know that if any object hits threshold of light (300,000 KM/sec) and surpasses it, object turns in pure energy. On the other hand, IDF Railguns do not use or employ such barbaric technology for reaching the target.

that create a 'screen' an impassable wall of bullets that...
Let me finish it for you: "...can be easily redirected to any other location by more technologically advanced civilization".

ALPHATOOMEGA battle station and CROWS NEST - both are roughly 500 LY in size
Wow 500 LY of non ending space trash and metal... That have no use and destroyed over time by own immense gravity field. Forget about creating something useful of this size with such technologies as Nuclear and Plasma. More science and less CAPSLOCK. Also what kind of Nuclear Energy your race employ, and can you explain to me what is Plasma, definition of it?

So, the Onslaught is useless? Nope. Naval dreadnoughts swept away smaller ships just the way I said they would due to that theory. If you're a tiny fly next to me, then I swat you like one. Of course, size =/= victory, but it leads to it. Strap on guns, armour and tech!
Well, there is a limit when size aren't useless... Because bigger ships always must be supported by smaller ones. At some moment your ships will be so big, that their guns will just miss small ones. And believe me, small ones with specialized weaponry can tear huge things apart very fast...

Do you not understand what that 1200 means? It's the American measure of how big a barrel is, whereas the British use pounder, a measure of how heavy the shell is. It is NOT the same thusly.
I know what is mm means, and what I've stated here that no matter what size of enemy shell is, it will be blocked easily by Muliphased Temporal Shield because of its atomic and chemical structure, and not because of size.

don't you realize that singularities you fire are as likely to kill you as me?
Good sir, for your information you can't fire with singularity, neither I. Please learn some physics before trying to understand my words.

X4R3H, next time you will answer me inside quotes, I will ask moderator to remove "unanswered" messages.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 04, 2012, 10:46:07 AM »

don't you realize that singularities you fire are as likely to kill you as me?
Good sir, for your information you can't fire with singularity, neither I. Please learn some physics before trying to understand my words.

Just for clarifications sake to X4R3H, a singularity is a object that does not obey the physics you know of, meaning that you cannot just "Strap a black hole to a shell, and hope it'll reach it's target safe."
A black hole sucks any and all particles, including light, into it, meaning that even if you managed to store it somewhere inside your battlestation, it would suck it up from the inside.

Also, please support your statements with atleast a bit of known theories - and please do not come up with theories of your own unless you have some remote scientific back-up of it. Thank you.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 04, 2012, 10:53:14 AM »

Just for clarifications sake to X4R3H, a singularity is a object that does not obey the physics you know of, meaning that you cannot just "Strap a black hole to a shell, and hope it'll reach it's target safe."
A black hole sucks any and all particles, including light, into it, meaning that even if you managed to store it somewhere inside your battlestation, it would suck it up from the inside.
He sure he can do it, but he doesn't knows how ;D

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 04, 2012, 12:29:35 PM »

The material doesn't manipulate space time - it just stops it. Stopping time, means manipulation it. Please give me name of theory that supports your statement.

Wait, let me re read this. You just said the material doesn't manipulate space time, it stops it, but by stopping it manipulates it... contradiction.

It's internal factories It doesn't matter if these factories internal or external. Molecular activity can be just blocked in are of effect. Even more, there is enough to block molecular activity just by blocking metal's ability to change temperature.
It's not metal... it's pure atoms that can be synthesized into any material necessary in any shape. However that is done remains a secret, just how your ships armament is classified :3

It's not a star - technically. I would keep the shield around me by gravitational tethers - and even then, I'm made immune by it by the heatsink armour layer that nullifies all heat based damage. Did I mention that the armour layers add up to about 25,000 KM Yeah another thousands. It can nullify damage from heat, but It won't protect from superstring transportation inside of this plasma "sun", you know what is superstring transportation, right?

You mean string theory of subatomic particles involving supersymmetry? I do now. That's not the only layer either, there is indeed Atom FiBRE armour beneath designed to thwart such attacks.

Well... we can just screen you. Riiight... And how it works, that it can block everything? Maybe you know some special dimensional signatures or post dimensional degrees, that this "screen" of yours uses?
You mean ten million explosive/kinetic rounds? Ain't nothing special about that...

at 2KM length they hit FTL speeds. Good sir, you must know that if any object hits threshold of light (300,000 KM/sec) and surpasses it, object turns in pure energy. On the other hand, IDF Railguns do not use or employ such barbaric technology for reaching the target.
Barbaric? Interesting. I had no idea Koltheki could influence us so much...

that create a 'screen' an impassable wall of bullets that... Let me finish it for you: "...can be easily redirected to any other location by more technologically advanced civilization".
Then I fire more. I also doubt technically that you understand the technological prowess the Guide exerts - it is an artificial masterpiece, capable of biologically understanding everything around it and providing solutions to any problem... not to mention being an amazing gaming device.

ALPHATOOMEGA battle station and CROWS NEST - both are roughly 500 LY in size Wow 500 LY of non ending space trash and metal... That have no use and destroyed over time by own immense gravity field. Forget about creating something useful of this size with such technologies as Nuclear and Plasma. More science and less CAPSLOCK. Also what kind of Nuclear Energy your race employ, and can you explain to me what is Plasma, definition of it?

Nuclear technology? Fission. Plasma? I saw plasma IRL. Plasma is gas consisting of positive ions and free electrons at very high temperatures. Contrary to popular belief, Plasma has a swirling orange consistency much like the way the sun looks if you look at it. And for your info, those stations are rather interestingly built - they do not entirely span 500 LY, but cover an area of 500 LY, being connected but not large enough of a single entity to have that immense gravity field you talked about.

So, the Onslaught is useless? Nope. Naval dreadnoughts swept away smaller ships just the way I said they would due to that theory. If you're a tiny fly next to me, then I swat you like one. Of course, size =/= victory, but it leads to it. Strap on guns, armour and tech! Well, there is a limit when size aren't useless... Because bigger ships always must be supported by smaller ones. At some moment your ships will be so big, that their guns will just miss small ones. And believe me, small ones with specialized weaponry can tear huge things apart very fast...
MK 32 Wicked Wanderer is about the size of a Tempest yet thanks to it's highly advanced and specialized weapons package could crush fleets involving ships far, far larger than than it and outnumbering it hundreds to one. And it was piloted by one man and his machine, Wanderer, the original ABAI (Artificial Biologically Accurate Intelligence). And if you think large ships NEED support from smaller vessels, go play Forlorn Hope C:
Do you not understand what that 1200 means? It's the American measure of how big a barrel is, whereas the British use pounder, a measure of how heavy the shell is. It is NOT the same thusly. I know what is mm means, and what I've stated here that no matter what size of enemy shell is, it will be blocked easily by Muliphased Temporal Shield because of its atomic and chemical structure, and not because of size.
I've seen this multiphased temporal shield in action. It would be crushed in seconds by one volley of my weapons. Or Wanderer could run in, performing orbital runs with what it has... what a nasty ship I dreamed up.
don't you realize that singularities you fire are as likely to kill you as me? Good sir, for your information you can't fire with singularity, neither I. Please learn some physics before trying to understand my words.
Hmmm...
I believe that's it.
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2012, 12:42:09 PM »

We could, y'know, just duke it out another way. You put all your stuff for this 'sphereworld' down on the table and I do the same, we figure out that way who wins. Actions speak louder than keystrokes.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

vagyr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2012, 01:06:42 PM »

just a few comments on what x4r wrote.
the "battleship theory" you keep going on about is absolutely stupid. As technology advances it becomes more efficient meaning takes less space to produce a similar result. It would make sense that when you reach
the point where you are a space faring race you will be able to make your ships as efficient as possible and as hard to hit as possible. If you have weapons able to destroy a planet you will try to keep your size smaller than a planet in order to avoid getting hit not try to become better than a planet. It is just not logical to say that as a race learns how to do all of those outlandish things they have found no way to downsize them. Also having a huge ship is a liability. For the same price (material wise) a single ship of those gigantic proportions would take you can build 60. A single ship can be taken down if a few parts are hit. 60 ships will only be
taken down once all 60 ones are destroyed. Swarming with technologically advanced ships makes more sense than having a single big one. The next thing that is making no sense is the "faster than time". You cannot
go faster than time. You cannot go faster than time. You cannot go faster than time. Show me any article that shows that you can go faster than time. You can go faster than light which may cause you to travel in time but thats not going faster than time. Its just not comparable.

Look making a cool faction to antagonize someone else is nice and all but flesh it out a bit think about what it is and whats the physics behind it if you really want to use some explanation behind it and then try to argue its effectiveness. You keep going "oh you have this but I have this magical thing that I did not mention that perfectly counters it!" or "yes in reality everything you will think off my super race has already figured out but im not going to let you know about it until someone discovers that what i wrote makes no sense at which point I will hastily write a power fantasy where my stuff works!"...
It just stops making sense when you try to have a discussion but you dont make sane arguments...
Edit:good grief wall of text apologies warstalker for doing that to your thread about your MOD.

Pretty cool mod are the idf sprites based off gbs by any chance (the engines look familiar)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:08:55 PM by vagyr »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »

Wait, let me re read this. You just said the material doesn't manipulate space time, it stops it, but by stopping it manipulates it... contradiction.
You said that it stops. And I've said process of stopping IS manipulation of it.

It's not metal... it's pure atoms that can be synthesized into any material necessary in any shape. However that is done remains a secret, just how your ships armament is classified :3
Lol. Synthesize of any material is already enormous molecular activity.

You mean string theory of subatomic particles involving supersymmetry? I do now. That's not the only layer either, there is indeed Atom FiBRE armour beneath designed to thwart such attacks.
Right, you opened wikipedia, good start already. Now you just need to understand that your "Atom FiBRE armour" is useless for blocking even string transportation, I don't say even Superstring Transportation or M-Transportation.

Well... we can just screen you. Riiight... And how it works, that it can block everything? Maybe you know some special dimensional signatures or post dimensional degrees, that this "screen" of yours uses?
You mean ten million explosive/kinetic rounds? Ain't nothing special about that...
We were speaking about what kind of blocking screen of your uses and not about ten million explosive/kinetic rounds.

at 2KM length they hit FTL speeds. Good sir, you must know that if any object hits threshold of light (300,000 KM/sec) and surpasses it, object turns in pure energy. On the other hand, IDF Railguns do not use or employ such barbaric technology for reaching the target.
Barbaric? Interesting. I had no idea Koltheki could influence us so much...
Deal with it.

that create a 'screen' an impassable wall of bullets that... Let me finish it for you: "...can be easily redirected to any other location by more technologically advanced civilization".
Then I fire more. I also doubt technically that you understand the technological prowess the Guide exerts - it is an artificial masterpiece, capable of biologically understanding everything around it and providing solutions to any problem... not to mention being an amazing gaming device.
Yeah, I know solution to everything too, called 42. You can fire as much as you want, because all your bullets will hit only you. I also doubt that your "Guide" works better than old typing machine if you even can't describe principles of its work, to prove your words.

Nuclear technology? Fission.
Blah, prehistoric age technology.

Plasma? I saw plasma IRL. Plasma is gas consisting of positive ions and free electrons at very high temperatures. Contrary to popular belief, Plasma has a swirling orange consistency much like the way the sun looks if you look at it.
I asked you to give me very basic definition of "Plasma", and you gave me what written in wikipedia. Basic definition consist only from 6 words: Plasma **** **** **** **** **** ****.

And for your info, those stations are rather interestingly built - they do not entirely span 500 LY, but cover an area of 500 LY, being connected but not large enough of a single entity to have that immense gravity field you talked about.
So, they already not 500 LY, but 500 LY long. Hmm... Very... Fragile construction.

So, the Onslaught is useless? Nope. Naval dreadnoughts swept away smaller ships just the way I said they would due to that theory. If you're a tiny fly next to me, then I swat you like one. Of course, size =/= victory, but it leads to it. Strap on guns, armour and tech! Well, there is a limit when size aren't useless... Because bigger ships always must be supported by smaller ones. At some moment your ships will be so big, that their guns will just miss small ones. And believe me, small ones with specialized weaponry can tear huge things apart very fast...
MK 32 Wicked Wanderer is about the size of a Tempest yet thanks to it's highly advanced and specialized weapons package could crush fleets involving ships far, far larger than than it and outnumbering it hundreds to one. And it was piloted by one man and his machine, Wanderer, the original ABAI (Artificial Biologically Accurate Intelligence).
You can continue to come up with weird ideas and names. I will take it serious only if it's supported by something scientific.

And if you think large ships NEED support from smaller vessels, go play Forlorn Hope C:
I don't play board games. And if you think that large ships DOESN'T NEED support from smaller vessels go and play EVE Online ;D

I've seen this multiphased temporal shield in action. It would be crushed in seconds by one volley of my weapons. Or Wanderer could run in, performing orbital runs with what it has... what a nasty ship I dreamed up.
You've seen what have been added to game and changed for the sake of in-game balance.

don't you realize that singularities you fire are as likely to kill you as me? Good sir, for your information you can't fire with singularity, neither I. Please learn some physics before trying to understand my words.
Hmmm...
I believe that's it.
Well you can start believing in UFO too.

We could, y'know, just duke it out another way. You put all your stuff for this 'sphereworld' down on the table and I do the same, we figure out that way who wins. Actions speak louder than keystrokes.
Sphereworlds are just replacement to original planet colonization program. They are just well defended. And actions speak louder than keystrokes - it's right: so in order to prove something with actions: create a mod with your race, not just some "as fast as could", but with passion, like I, Upgradecap, Okim, Uomoz and other done. Then if this mod will be worth of adding to my Total Conversion mod, you will be able to check out who wins and who loses. If no, then you can continue to play "Forever Alone, but Invincible", ok?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:13 PM »

Edit:good grief wall of text apologies warstalker for doing that to your thread about your MOD.
I have no problem with that, I like random scientific off-topic and even when somebody tries to invent new Faster Then Time theory ;D

Pretty cool mod are the idf sprites based off gbs by any chance (the engines look familiar)
Thank you. They are really from GSB with permission of Cliffski, I wrote credit to him in IDF's topic. :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2012, 01:32:36 PM »

@X4R3H. Stop being an invincible

Please support your statements with real facts, and make something out of your faction.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2012, 01:39:12 PM »

Sphereworlds are just replacement to original planet colonization program. They are just well defended. And actions speak louder than keystrokes - it's right: so in order to prove something with actions: create a mod with your race, not just some "as fast as could", but with passion, like I, Upgradecap, Okim, Uomoz and other done. Then if this mod will be worth of adding to my Total Conversion mod, you will be able to check out who wins and who loses. If no, then you can continue to play "Forever Alone, but Invincible", ok?
[/quote]

I can't code, but if I could you would not like the outcome. It would be insanely OP and without a shout of a doubt far, far too large to be in Starfarer (if your Samekh can have that many weapons and have a long axis of ~640 metres, what about ~150,000,000 metres). And what's with the hoshtility? I thought this was a discussion amongst gentlemen.

EDIT: Upgradecap... the point of that Leviathan is exactly what you just said. It's MEANT to try to find any fleet capable of destroying it. It's meant to be an invincible. That's how it is.
And is there meant to be a picture there?
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

vagyr

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2012, 01:42:54 PM »

Ok this is not even funny any more. This forever alone comment pretty much encapsulates your behavior...
Can we just ignore x4r and move along?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2012, 01:48:06 PM »

There is no picture? Weird.

Anyways, we are starting to get (slightly) annoyed at you because you literally throw and pick theories out of thin air, whilst we support them with cold, hard facts.
That's our reason. And also the fact that you throw absurdly op stuff, that makes me almost throw up. The IDF is an ant compared to what you're imagining.

Also, if this thread was a train, then i would say that it has pretty much de-railed now.

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #342 on: May 04, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »

Warning to Upgradecap and X4R3H. Back on-topic, if you please.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 04, 2012, 01:51:10 PM »

Ok this is not even funny any more. This forever alone comment pretty much encapsulates your behavior...
Can we just ignore x4r and move along?
Maybe I have overstepped the line. That is my nature.

That said, I enjoyed this mod
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 04, 2012, 01:54:13 PM »

Warning to Upgradecap and X4R3H. Back on-topic, if you please.

I comment twice in this whole discussion and get warned.

May I have a reason?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 36