Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229324 times)

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7)
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

Oh, I may have forgotten my ace in the hole - Hydra missiles. Basically... the rack fires off a few million - if one warhead in that MIRV hits (and one missile's MIRV is about 1000 warheads), then anything electric related will be first fried nastily and then creates enormous energy fluctuations that would melt you from the inside out
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2012, 12:42:39 PM »

Then i call energy demons.

Nuff said.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2012, 12:49:45 PM »

Then i call energy demons.

Nuff said.
Then I call emperor palpatine and UNLIMITED POWER teh energy demons.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2012, 12:52:08 PM »

Oh, I may have forgotten my ace in the hole - Hydra missiles. Basically... the rack fires off a few million - if one warhead in that MIRV hits (and one missile's MIRV is about 1000 warheads), then anything electric related will be first fried nastily and then creates enormous energy fluctuations that would melt you from the inside out
Lol, wasteful much? No civilization that uses such a tactic or design will last even a single war.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2012, 12:54:38 PM »

Lol, wasteful much? No civilization that uses such a tactic or design will last even a single war.
You do when you have charted 2/3 of the galaxy completely, and Hydra missiles are only used on the very new ships - MK 32 Wicked Wanderer, Super Massive Guardian class Leviathan The Guide and Stargazer (a 35,000KM Leviathan from a while back.)
EDIT: SH4RD foundries create new warheads super quickly as a Neutron Star has been converted into pure atoms that can be made into anything. Fun fact! Neutron stars pack 500,000 times more mass than earth into a sphere no bigger than Brooklyn.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:58:13 PM by X4R3H »
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2012, 12:59:07 PM »

You do when you have charted 2/3 of the galaxy completely, and Hydra missiles are only used on the very new ships - MK 32 Wicked Wanderer, Super Massive Guardian class Leviathan The Guide and Stargazer (a 35,000KM Leviathan from a while back.)
Charted? A single galaxy? You mean you actually fly to places in order to explore? Are you still living in the dark-ages?

I'm sorry, this is all so wonderfully silly.  ;D

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2012, 01:00:31 PM »

Charted? A single galaxy? You mean you actually fly to places in order to explore? Are you still living in the dark-ages?
No, we just look from CROWSNEST and create specialized map charts that exactly predict how time will affect the galaxy.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2012, 01:02:46 PM »

No, we just look from CROWSNEST and create specialized map charts that exactly predict how time will affect the galaxy.

LOL

I'm sorry I have to stop doing this. Just forget this.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:05:30 PM by Vandala »

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2012, 01:04:08 PM »

LOL

I'm sorry I have to stop doing this. Just forget this.
See you on the flipside.
EDIT: Y u so meen? Do you not understand the premise of my creation?
I suppose actually you have a better idea of how to figure out the exact location of several billion stars in a heavily crammed galaxy at any one time, predict the movements of individual planets, collisions, supernovae and ultimately be able to control the entire galaxy - from charts?

Hey, if it wasn't for charts, a fair few of us wouldn't be alive right now.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 01:08:37 PM by X4R3H »
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2012, 01:18:00 PM »

Oh, I may have forgotten my ace in the hole - Hydra missiles. Basically... the rack fires off a few million - if one warhead in that MIRV hits (and one missile's MIRV is about 1000 warheads)
All missiles can jammed/disabled/redirected back to their owner.

then anything electric related will be first fried nastily and then creates enormous energy fluctuations that would melt you from the inside out
Proove it. In other words provide us with rough scientific properties how it works in order to prove something to use, otherwise it's just bull****. Like Vandala said, you need more knowledge in science for your sci-fi. And you don't have enough of first one.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »

First, depending on how advanced your charts are, then yes, you can predict everything that will happend in a galaxy.
Second: there are no thousand missile EMP MIRVS that disable anything in their path.
If there where, then I would call........

Energy demons on them.

Nuff said.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2012, 01:22:57 PM »

See you on the flipside.
I suppose actually you have a better idea of how to figure out the exact location of several billion stars in a heavily crammed galaxy at any one time, predict the movements of individual planets, collisions, supernovae and ultimately be able to control the entire galaxy - from charts?

I'm very sorry, it's not my intend to be mean. It's just, nothing of what you say is even remotely sane.

I understand that this is sci-fi stuff but your explanations don't even enter into that arena because they are just not, sane.

Please understand that this is rather frustrating.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2012, 01:28:12 PM »

Oh, I may have forgotten my ace in the hole - Hydra missiles. Basically... the rack fires off a few million - if one warhead in that MIRV hits (and one missile's MIRV is about 1000 warheads)
All missiles can jammed/disabled/redirected back to their owner.

then anything electric related will be first fried nastily and then creates enormous energy fluctuations that would melt you from the inside out
Proove it. In other words provide us with rough scientific properties how it works in order to prove something to use, otherwise it's just bull****. Like Vandala said, you need more knowledge in science for your sci-fi. And you don't have enough of first one.
Right, firstly. The missile works along the same lines as EMP - sort of. In many ways, what it basically is is a pure, huge wave of concentrated electrical energy via the use of aforementioned EMP. This then is brutally sent through the hull via the use of a concentrated breach charge (or through pure punch technique where the warhead survives the initial impact and penetrates armour) the waves of energy are then concentrated into bursts internally not unlike the Plasma wall, repeating fluctuations until they run out of power from their micro fusion drives. Which would be a while.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2012, 01:28:30 PM »

See you on the flipside.

I'm very sorry, it's not my intend to be mean. It's just, nothing of what you say is even remotely sane.

I understand that this is sci-fi stuff but your explanations don't even enter into that arena because they are just not, sane.

Please understand that this is rather frustrating.
Thank you. I'm not sane.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2012, 01:33:08 PM »

I'll try to explain.

You said you are going faster then time. Which is just absurd on it's face. Sci-fi doesn't enter into it.

It's like saying you can go faster then speed. Do you see? You can't have a speed that is faster then speed. It's just not a sane thing to say.

Just as your missile that fires missiles. The numbers you pull out of your sleeve are absurd as well as their effects, again sci-fi doesn't enter into it, this is basic logistics.

How do you store such things? How do you get such a payload into so small an area? How can you afford to throw such values of stuff away at any target?
Can't you see that such enormous numbers are meaningless on their face?
Against what could you possibly use such a thing? Not against a single ship, not even against a fleet of a few thousand ships, it would be a waste.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36