Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229320 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7)
« Reply #285 on: May 02, 2012, 03:15:08 PM »

You won't bring that ingame, will you?

It might work as a battlefield :P

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 02, 2012, 06:57:04 PM »

You won't bring that ingame, will you?
Nope, because game will hang and then crash to desktop of whatever OS is used to play Starfarer :P

It might work as a battlefield :P
Hmm... This is one of hellish ideas ;D

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 03, 2012, 03:30:35 AM »

Wait, an arkship is how big? 8,000KM roughly?
Yep something like that, size of moon (~2000KM) or planetoid (~8000KM)...

Holy freaking hell that puts this into perspective.
Yes it is :) And average radius of Sphereworld is radius of star system, 40 AU or 5,983,920,000KM roughly...
Just be that a Leviathan I thought up is about 550,000 KM. It's pretty freaking OP
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 03, 2012, 09:44:23 AM »

Just be that a Leviathan I thought up is about 550,000 KM. It's pretty freaking OP
IDF have no need for such huge ships... Because if enemy drops one of such beasts, then IDF just "replaces" one of the nearest star systems in galaxy to this leviathan with one of IDF's Sphereworlds and then just uses it's weapon systems to destroy it. 100% accuracy range of IDF Sphereworld is about ~50 LY (Light Years), while with targeting guidance it can go up to ~5000 LY...

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 03, 2012, 11:20:02 AM »

IDF have no need for such huge ships... Because if enemy drops one of such beasts, then IDF just "replaces" one of the nearest star systems in galaxy to this leviathan with one of IDF's Sphereworlds and then just uses it's weapon systems to destroy it. 100% accuracy range of IDF Sphereworld is about ~50 LY (Light Years), while with targeting guidance it can go up to ~5000 LY...
Then the Leviathan hit's FTT (Faster Than Time, everything is still while you move) travel, begins to drop a fleet of roughly a few hundred thousand ships (50KM+) and replaces them at a lightning rate. Then, if that ain't enough, we can just fire a Scimitar plasma burst (basically, I'm going to put you into a star)... I could also salvo a good 25,000 2KM nuclear (50 teraton) shells in a railgun at you.

That said, the IDF is such like the fleet I thought up. Except we have frickin' nukes. And a lot of them. And a war machine that basically creates insanely huge battles all the time (50KM battleships rolling off a factory every day, 500,000 planets with aforementioned factories, staggered, fleets fully replenished in roughly 2 months).
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 11:25:11 AM by X4R3H »
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 03, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »

Then the Leviathan hit's FTT (Faster Than Time, everything is still while you move) travel, begins to drop a fleet of roughly a few hundred thousand ships (50KM+) and replaces them at a lightning rate. Then, if that ain't enough, we can just fire a Scimitar plasma burst (basically, I'm going to put you into a star)... I could also salvo a good 25,000 2KM nuclear (50 teraton) shells in a railgun at you.

That said, the IDF is such like the fleet I thought up. Except we have frickin' nukes. And a lot of them. And a war machine that basically creates insanely huge battles all the time (50KM battleships rolling off a factory every day, 500,000 planets with aforementioned factories, staggered, fleets fully replenished in roughly 2 months).
Ok this is getting ridicules. Faster Then Time? Do you even know the meaning of those words?!

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 03, 2012, 11:47:48 AM »

Ok this is getting ridicules. Faster Then Time? Do you even know the meaning of those words?!
Ya man. Time stands still. You do realise this is sci fi, and I can say the purple green aliens gave me the secret: put bacon in the ftl drives

EDIT: If you want the real truth... If humanity was on the verge of discovering steam power, then the race (or person) that made that ship were working on FTL drives in secret in a project nicknamed 'SHOOTING STAR'. It begins with multiple small ships (roughly the size of corvettes, but for a single person). It takes them a good few years to hit MK 28, the first FTL capable ship. MK 28's blueprints are hard coded into the computer and multiple copies are made, up to MK 32 - the exceptionally infamous Wicked Wanderer (not simply for having the first artificially made biologically accurate intelligence, Wanderer). MK 28 begins to discover a strange materials in tiny quantities in dark matter heavy areas. This material is then used as an additive to the FTL drives of the MK 29, 30, 31, and 32, creating a strange field and level of power in the engines that would be seen, to the pilot, as if everything around him/her, stood still like a photograph, but for onlookers, the ship simply disappeared. FTT travel is not instantaneous - it is more a state of movement than actual travel speed. It does however, being timeless, have the unique property of almost teleportation speeds. FTT is never fully documented, and is not generally possible to reproduce on larger ships. This would've happened roughly by the time of the collapse of the Soviet union. However, the greatest threat known to that race then revealed itself - the tribal, insanely warlike Koltheki. A dark skinned reptilian race not unlike Sangheili, they attacked the station with impunity after discovering it. In the two day assault, every ship up to the MK 28 was destroyed, but the 4 FTT ships survived.

Running back to their homeworlds, pilots then kept in contact with the government to create fleets to beat back the Koltheki. Here began the Weaponization wars, where both races became excellent in their weapons and ship design. The race used nuclear railguns, highly accurate, and very lethal, capable of wrecking fleets from LY away. Koltheki used heavy autocannons and basically are like the Hierarchy in this. They are inaccurate but could kill entire planets with a frigate. Battleship Theory came into play and interstellar battles hit a scale that contained the fury of an entire human war in the stretch of half an hour. The Weaponization wars still exist, but now a greater problem arises. The four original pilots of the FTT capable ships die suddenly, one being the pilot of the MK 32. Wicked Wanderer is insanely lethal once fully baked. In it's prototype form it could face down entire fleets despite being hundredths of the size of enemy ships, using it's interesting weapons package and insane piloting skills (the guy NOW piloting it started off at about 12 years old, he would now be 18). So, as the war continues, a new ship - The Endless Night jumps into orbit of the core world. Oh dear. The Endless Night, a 900KM Leviathan, could fire a missile that could cause a star to go supernovae instantaneously. It uses it's massive weapons package to sweep away the race's fleets, yet before it could fire the missile, Wanderer pulls off an orbital strike - throwing a nuclear shell directly into the bridge, tearing apart internal control systems, and then ultimately perishing.

As for the 550,000 KM Leviathan (The Guide)... let's just say that bending starmatter to the will of a forge is easy once you find the right technology.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:17:24 PM by X4R3H »
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 03, 2012, 11:54:50 AM »

Ya man. Time stands still. You do realise this is sci fi, and I can say the purple green aliens gave me the secret: put bacon in the ftl drives

How can you go faster then time? It still takes time. Only way to get out of time might be with higher dimensions but you would still not be going 'faster', just a different way of getting around. Still you'd have to explain how you got out of the spacetime dimension(s) and survived seeing as you kind of need spacetime in order to exist in the first place.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 03, 2012, 11:55:10 AM »

Can we have enough with the quotes?  It looks like stairs when I scroll down the page. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 03, 2012, 12:02:52 PM »

Can we have enough with the quotes?  It looks like stairs when I scroll down the page. :D
Poppycock! Quotes are useful.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 03, 2012, 12:17:52 PM »

You may want to read what I wrote.
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 03, 2012, 12:19:41 PM »

Then the Leviathan hit's FTT (Faster Than Time, everything is still while you move) travel,
Heard ever about Temporal Encapsulation? Then about Temporal Disruption - basically IDF Sphereworld automatically "locks" any possible time-space manipulations in radius of 35 LY around it.

begins to drop a fleet of roughly a few hundred thousand ships (50KM+) and replaces them at a lightning rate.
Bigger ships is easier to hit. In addition any production can be sabotaged by blocking it's molecular activity.

Then, if that ain't enough, we can just fire a Scimitar plasma burst (basically, I'm going to put you into a star)...
Plasma, good weapons, when enemies know nothing about magnetism. IDF can invert current reactions of your star and turn it in to black hole, wait till it will suck up whole your fleet and then compact this black hole in to singularity point and then annihilate it.

I could also salvo a good 25,000 2KM nuclear (50 teraton) shells in a railgun at you.
Railgun that you use, and Railguns that IDF use - very, very different things. Trajectory of your railgun can be alternated by others' planet gravity, in addition speed of your railguns' shells can't exceed speed of light 300,000 KM/sec, it means it will take a lot of time fly these 50 LY. On the other hand IDF Railgun's shell will fly exactly selected (any) distance in seconds and will hit it with 100% precision and their trajectory can't be alternated.

Nuclear Weapon - good, but useless when any molecular activity is disrupted or blocked. There huge "battles" will be probably destroyed before they even get close enough to lone IDF Sphereworld. 500,000 planets - it's only planets and with such "advanced" technological level you're race doesn't even knows the possibility of construction of superstructures like Ringworld, Sphereworld, Swarmworld & etc.

Vandala, still time can be "compressed" and "pierced" but I'm really doubt that civilization (of X4R3H), which employs only nuclear and plasma weapons can use it...
X4R3H, friend if you want to compete with me in our races' technological superiority, knowledge of sci-fi is not enough, you need to know Superstring Theory & M-Physics at least partially...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 12:24:55 PM by WarStalkeR »

Vandala

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 03, 2012, 12:27:21 PM »

You may want to read what I wrote.
*facepalm*

You need to read more science.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 03, 2012, 12:30:14 PM »

Please, don't turn this into a talk like the Unified Flux Theory...it gets boring real quick.  That is, if you're like me, no offense to those who like that kind of talk. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

hadesian

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 03, 2012, 12:34:57 PM »

Then the Leviathan hit's FTT (Faster Than Time, everything is still while you move) travel,
Heard ever about Temporal Encapsulation? Then about Temporal Disruption - basically IDF Sphereworld automatically "locks" any possible time-space manipulations in radius of 35 LY around it.
The material doesn't manipulate space time - it just stops it.

begins to drop a fleet of roughly a few hundred thousand ships (50KM+) and replaces them at a lightning rate.
Bigger ships is easier to hit. In addition any production can be sabotaged by blocking it's molecular activity.
It's internal factories.
Then, if that ain't enough, we can just fire a Scimitar plasma burst (basically, I'm going to put you into a star)...
Plasma, good weapons, when enemies know nothing about magnetism. IDF can invert current reactions of your star and turn it in to black hole, wait till it will suck up whole your fleet and then compact this black hole in to singularity point and then annihilate it.
It's not a star - technically. I would keep the shield around me by gravitational tethers - and even then, I'm made immune by it by the heatsink armour layer that nullifies all heat based damage. Did I mention that the armour layers add up to about 25,000 KM?
I could also salvo a good 25,000 2KM nuclear (50 teraton) shells in a railgun at you.
Railgun that you use, and Railguns that IDF use - very, very different things. Trajectory of your railgun can be alternated by others' planet gravity, in addition speed of your railguns' shells can't exceed speed of light 300,000 KM/sec, it means it will take a lot of time fly these 50 LY. On the other hand IDF Railgun's shell will fly exactly selected (any) distance in seconds and will hit it with 100% precision and their trajectory can't be alternated.
Well... we can just screen you. And those are the interesting railguns. They work along the lines of pushing the shell through a series of super powerful magnets, and at 2KM length they hit FTL speeds. The 50 teraton nuclear warhead is actually a special MIRV - go through armour plating, drop a warhead, go further in the armour, drop a warhead, repeat until come out other side - BOOM. I do also have 10,000,000 FIRE-FIRE cannons (basically the equivalent of your Siege railguns if they were miniguns) that create a 'screen' an impassable wall of bullets that would basically wreck anything that goes through it or cause extreme damage.  

Nuclear Weapon - good, but useless when any molecular activity is disrupted or blocked. There huge "battles" will be probably destroyed before they even get close enough to lone IDF Sphereworld. 500,000 planets - it's only planets and with such "advanced" technological level you're race doesn't even knows the possibility of construction of superstructures like Ringworld, Sphereworld, Swarmworld & etc.
Well, the Leviathan is 550,000 KM, but it's a spaceship. The largest creation by the civilization is the ALPHATOOMEGA battle station and CROWS NEST - both are roughly 500 LY in size.

Vandala, still time can be "compressed" and "pierced" but I'm really doubt that civilization (of X4R3H), which employs only nuclear and plasma weapons can use it...
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36