Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 230040 times)

Valiant19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.3)
« Reply #255 on: April 27, 2012, 12:19:25 PM »

All right...so I loaded up Sector Xplo, and when I chose the starting fleet item, they didn't give me any money?

I don't know, it sounded like they were planning on giving me money to buy my starting fleet, but I didn't receive any.  I guess I'll just do jobs and whatnot in my little peashooter of a ship or something.  :P

EDIT: And I promptly got blown up by the cheapest mission I could take.  Hrm...the Wolf probably isn't the best thing in the world.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:23:04 PM by Valiant19 »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2012, 12:28:40 PM »

All right...so I loaded up Sector Xplo, and when I chose the starting fleet item, they didn't give me any money?
They don't five you money, they give you Artifacts, that you sell and get money...

TC = Total Conversion.
Already is :)

(Also, what keys do you press to get TM? ;D)
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=TM
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:32:20 PM by WarStalkeR »

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Valiant19

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2012, 12:31:04 PM »

They don't five you money, they give you Artifacts, that you sell and get money...

Hah...I feel stupid now.  Didn't even notice them sitting in my inventory...sorry about that.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.0.7)
« Reply #258 on: April 28, 2012, 12:56:10 AM »

=/ I thing I've said do not take more then one mission at a time... And here you go... I think it can be the reason behind all bugs you've encountered so far.

I've had a problem where fulfilling a mission (killing the fleet it asked me to) did not register even after waiting quite a long time, so I took another one.
If it happens again in the future I'll sell the previous mission before getting another one.

Well I also thought that people won't be that greedy and will try to put additional thing to already great "IDF Netzach Core Kit" ;)[/i]

Well, Hull Mods are always very powerful and I'll always, no matter what mod I play, unmount a bunch of weapons (or replace them with cheaper ones) in order to squeeze in more Hull Mods.
So it's just the way I prefer to outfit my ships.

Is there a way to know which other Hull Mods could cause problems if used along the Hierarchy/IDF Superhullmods?

Most epic bug I've ever seen ;D Complete self-destruction.

Indeed, it does look super awesome.
Maybe, if this bug is figured out, modders can create self-destruct devices that intentionally trigger it. :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.0.7)
« Reply #259 on: April 28, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »

I've had a problem where fulfilling a mission (killing the fleet it asked me to) did not register even after waiting quite a long time, so I took another one.
If it happens again in the future I'll sell the previous mission before getting another one.
When something like that happens, tell me name of mission. It's probably something screwed up in scripts.

Well, Hull Mods are always very powerful and I'll always, no matter what mod I play, unmount a bunch of weapons (or replace them with cheaper ones) in order to squeeze in more Hull Mods.
So it's just the way I prefer to outfit my ships.

Is there a way to know which other Hull Mods could cause problems if used along the Hierarchy/IDF Superhullmods?
I'm not sure. I never installed any other hull mods on ships of IDF or Hierarchy.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

bluey101

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 28, 2012, 06:30:39 PM »

what update are the rest of the races going to  be implimented in?
Ut lumen obscurant stelle potentiam tuam et vias tuas.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: April 28, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »

what update are the rest of the races going to  be implimented in?
As soon as possible, I think in this weekend I will implement ISA and TimCORP. Still I must ensure, that they have right/powerful weapon to be suitable to this battle.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 29, 2012, 12:28:21 AM »

The TimCORP have a medium energy weapon called "Pulse Beamer" it fires in a cycle of 0.5 seconds (fire and reload) and deals 150 damage per shot.
It's quite deadly ;)

darkness_rising

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: April 29, 2012, 02:36:33 AM »

So I've just tried this mod and it is really really cool  ;D I do have one piece of constructive criticism however; the standard of english isnt that great and needs to be improved. Some might call this really picky, but for me the feel and immersion of a game/mod is shattered somewhat when I have to read descriptions etc that dont make complete sense. Maybe recruit someone to get on this?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 29, 2012, 02:41:40 AM »

Maybe recruit someone to get on this?

I can help out with the grammar ;D

darkness_rising

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: April 29, 2012, 02:45:45 AM »

I'd have volunteered to do it myself, but I've already a lot on my plate with university work deadlines looming haha

hadesian

• Admiral
  • It's been one of those days...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 29, 2012, 10:21:27 AM »

I'd have volunteered to do it myself, but I've already a lot on my plate with university work deadlines looming haha

I could...

That and IDF are pretty OP, I took down a damaged Apocalypse just using the Jerusalem's Exorcist's and Jericho launcher. Took a fair while but it was VERY clear - the shield and flux dissipation handled everything it threw at me, I finished up with a good 99% on my hull C:
Changes as of May 24, 2013
  • Reinvented Starsector.
  • That is all.

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2012, 03:57:12 AM »

That and IDF are pretty OP, I took down a damaged Apocalypse just using the Jerusalem's Exorcist's and Jericho launcher. Took a fair while but it was VERY clear - the shield and flux dissipation handled everything it threw at me, I finished up with a good 99% on my hull C:

Yes, balance is still a little problem.

If you are Hierarchy it will be balanced out by AI stupidity:
AI pilots will, for some reason, sometimes get into your range and die horribly even though they easily outrange, outspeed, outmanuever and outlast you (Shields are infinite, armor isn't, their ammunition is infinite even for rockets, Hierarchy ammunition is not, also the long-range artillery cannons can never get through shields).

However, if you play the IDF you can completely abuse the ridiculous speed and agility of all their ships (Their huge Capital Ship has a higher combat speed than the Hierarchy Destroyer), as well as the long range of all of their weapons and the infinite HighExplosive missiles and easily defeat any Hierarchy fleet of equal strength and even some way stronger fleets.

So, while the Hierarchy ships will always win a straight-up fight against IDF ships (and only thanks to the newly introduced beam weapon, they had no chance without that), such a straight-up fight rarely happens and Hierarchy ships are usually taken apart by an infinite stream of missiles or run out of ammunition.

Also IDF ships can mix in Hierarchy weapons (which cost less OP and 0 flux/second) into their builds to allow them to perma-fire all their weapons without danger of overloading, but Hierarchy cannot make use of IDF weaponry.
Also what will happen if we see TimCorp/Scourge/ISA ships with 0-flux Hierarchy weaponry or infinite-ammo missile launchers?

HOWEVER - we have to keep in mind that it will not remain like this (with only Hierarchy and IDF) and that a bunch of other factions will join in, and that development time should not be wasted on balancing now because this two-faction-business is only a temporary state and everything has to be rebalanced completely anyway once all the factions are put in.

Anyway, WarStalkeR should not be too concerned about balance for now as balance right now with these two factions is not as important as getting all the factions in (and then balancing those).

Oh, and btw:
May I suggest adding in 1 extra frigate and destroyer for both Hierarchy and IDF at some point somewhere down the road?
It feels weird that they have diversity in large ships, but not in small ones.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 06:32:21 AM by Shoat »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2012, 07:29:38 AM »

Also what will happen if we see TimCorp/Scourge/ISA ships with 0-flux Hierarchy weaponry or infinite-ammo missile launchers?

Then that, my good sir, would equal total carange. Look at the flux dissipation rates. If they are higher than what the missiles/weapons produce then there will be carnage. :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: April 30, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »

So I've just tried this mod and it is really really cool  ;D I do have one piece of constructive criticism however; the standard of english isnt that great and needs to be improved. Some might call this really picky, but for me the feel and immersion of a game/mod is shattered somewhat when I have to read descriptions etc that dont make complete sense. Maybe recruit someone to get on this?
Sorry, Hierarchy still didn't got decent description of ships and items... Actually some IDF ships too...

Microsoft Office will deal better with grammar problems :P

Oh, and btw:
May I suggest adding in 1 extra frigate and destroyer for both Hierarchy and IDF at some point somewhere down the road?
It feels weird that they have diversity in large ships, but not in small ones.
Well, there is no need for additional frigate and destroyer, I just don't see any use for them, for both Hierarchy and IDF.

And something about mounting IDF/Hierarchy's weapon: I spoke with Alex, and he said, that for the sake of modding he will add ability to create custom mount types and sizes, it means you won't be able to mount IDF/Hierarchy weapon on other ships, then ships of IDF/Hierarchy.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36