Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229374 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.0.7)
« Reply #240 on: April 27, 2012, 07:49:34 AM »

Would making the Hierarchy weapon ranges longer not make things better?

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 27, 2012, 08:44:46 AM »

Agreed, I think I will add EMP missile weapon to Hierarchy, that will shutdown IDF ship temporary. Because it still long way till Alex will add something like Stasis Webifiers or Engine Disruptor.

When you manage to get the Statis Webifiers done, or ship-wide EMP blast, would you mind sharing the code? ;D

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:38 AM »

Would making the Hierarchy weapon ranges longer not make things better?
Nope, already tried it. Here needed special weapon, that will be able to disable small ship's shields in close combat I will try to add a special beam weapon to hierarchy.

When you manage to get the Statis Webifiers done, or ship-wide EMP blast, would you mind sharing the code? ;D
It's up to Alex now.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 27, 2012, 08:55:49 AM »

Also warstalker, the TimCORP has invented a new technology called "Pulse Beams"
Highly dangerous to all ships without shields. :)

Also, you should post a suggestion about stasis webifiers and ship-wide EMP blasts ;)

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 27, 2012, 10:15:24 AM »

Bug Reports:

1 - The Hierarchy Freighter (Abductor or something) is worth infinite money.
Capturing and selling even a single one of them changes your money to an amount so high that the number won't even change anymore even if you spend it.

2 - The Samekh-Class IDF Flagship takes 99 days to refit. Even if you do nothing other than put one point into a single vent it will still be 99 days.

3 - The Samekh-Class IDF Flagship has a weird bug where, shortly after the beginning of a battle, all of it's weapons will begin disabling themselves and will not repair anymore afterwards.
Shortly after that a crash will occur, it will say something about an error with a Color.

I could not find the crash log, so here is the save file where I found all three bugs:

http://www.mediafire.com/?suzwzez9gaz99sj
Here is a savegame where the effect of the first bug can be seen (take a look at the money, or go to the place I sold the Abductors to to see how they're worth infinity money) the second bug can be witnessed by going to refit and changing anything at all about the Samekh, and the third can be (hopefully) recreated by flying to the right and fighting some dudes.

I hope this helps you in your mod development efforts. :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 10:16:59 AM by Shoat »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 27, 2012, 10:20:05 AM »

Also, you should post a suggestion about stasis webifiers and ship-wide EMP blasts ;)
Done long ago about 5 times to Alex PM :)

Hello Alex, I have another couple of questions to you:
2) Will you add new weapons and modules such as:
Tractor Beams - to catch ships and bring them closer to you.
Lockdown Modules & Stasis Webifiers - modules to slowdown/stop enemy ships.
Weapon Disruptors - decreases weapon range and accuracy.
Stealth Devices - hides ships from radar, but not from eye.
Cloaking Devices - hides your ships from enemy. Uncloaks (or not, depends from device) when starts shooting.
Scanners - to scan the ships for additional information or for cloaked ships.
Scramblers - to resist scanning (scanner strength vs scrambler strength)
Missile Jammers - jams the missiles from course or even redirects it back at enemy.
Damage Over Time - something like acid on the ships hull, or sprayed in space waiting for victim.
Remote Repair Systems - that can temporary fix ships hull.
Energy Focus Systems - ship A transfers its energy/flux regen to ship B to increase its weapon output.

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 27, 2012, 10:35:50 AM »

1 - The Hierarchy Freighter (Abductor or something) is worth infinite money.
Capturing and selling even a single one of them changes your money to an amount so high that the number won't even change anymore even if you spend it.
Strange, price of it is 800000. I will try to recreate bug. =/ I thing I've said do not take more then one mission at a time... And here you go... I think it can be the reason behind all bugs you've encountered so far.

2 - The Samekh-Class IDF Flagship takes 99 days to refit. Even if you do nothing other than put one point into a single vent it will still be 99 days.
I think it's because of the IDF Netzach Core Kit. Main idea of IDF ships, when I were adding "IDF Netzach Core Kit" was that they don't need any hull modification changes. But still I will look in to it. Checked, now I remember, it's a failed experiment that some times shows up - didn't been able to fix it. I've tired to make "IDF Netzach Core Kit" so other hull modifications that affect flux in anyway will be useless. Well I also thought that people won't be that greedy and will try to put additional thing to already great "IDF Netzach Core Kit" ;)

3 - The Samekh-Class IDF Flagship has a weird bug where, shortly after the beginning of a battle, all of it's weapons will begin disabling themselves and will not repair anymore afterwards.
Shortly after that a crash will occur, it will say something about an error with a Color.
crash log here will be very helpful. Most epic bug I've ever seen ;D Complete self-destruction. I think "IDF Netzach Core Kit" somehow screwed up whole game... But I don't understand how... I think Alex will be able to explain it better then me :D
Code
14484 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
21136 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loading [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg] as texture with id [graphics/backgrounds/background4.jpg]
21193 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Saving to ..\\saves/save_12_3953521066544924859...
22214 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished saving
33712 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading G:\PL\Starfarer\starfarer-core\..\saves\save_Zalera_3800697211393246729...
35437 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
614891 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 126.25 MB of texture data so far
702168 [Thread-6] DEBUG com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Loaded 138.25 MB of texture data so far
731221 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Loading G:\PL\Starfarer\starfarer-core\..\saves\save_Zalera_3800697211393246729...
732440 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager  - Finished loading
790029 [Thread-6] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.String  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Color parameter outside of expected range: Alpha Green Blue
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Color parameter outside of expected range: Alpha Green Blue
at java.awt.Color.testColorValueRange(Color.java:298)
at java.awt.Color.<init>(Color.java:382)
at com.fs.starfarer.renderers.damage.o0OO.String(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.renderers.damage.o0OO.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.super.oOOO.Object.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.super.oOOO.I.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.BaseEntity.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.graphics.LayeredRenderer.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.render(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.F.O??000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.super.A.?00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.String.super(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$2.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
796237 [Thread-6] INFO  com.fs.profiler.Profiler  - ID                                                                            Calls   Duration    Percent
Hmm. Well, I think it's fixed, but it's hard for me to see how it could have ever happened in the first place. Something value would have to be negative where it looks like it can't possibly be.

The good news is this has nothing to do with your mod, as far as I can tell.

I could not find the crash log, so here is the save file where I found all three bugs:
Log is located in directory \Starfarer\starfarer-core\starfarer.log It's very important for me to look through the log to understand nature of error.

http://www.mediafire.com/?suzwzez9gaz99sj
Here is a savegame where the effect of the first bug can be seen (take a look at the money, or go to the place I sold the Abductors to to see how they're worth infinity money) the second bug can be witnessed by going to refit and changing anything at all about the Samekh, and the third can be (hopefully) recreated by flying to the right and fighting some dudes.[/quote]I will try to recreate these bugs, but will be better if you will upload the log.

I hope this helps you in your mod development efforts. :)
It does :)

And Samkh-class is Battleship (640 meters long axis) and Flagship (120 kilometers long axis) is completely another ship ;)

Also I've added to Hierarchy new weapon and now there is very thin balance between IDF and Hierarchy. Soon I will release update.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 11:55:37 AM by WarStalkeR »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »

Nice! :)

Has he answered yet? :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 27, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »

Has he answered yet? :)
Yep :)

2) Maybe :) Some of these are sort-of-planned.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 27, 2012, 11:00:59 AM »

Well, that's not a fundamental answer; we can only guess if alex will be kind enough to implement those in-game.
Oh boy, i really hope that Stasis Webifiers and Ship-wide EMP will come.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 27, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »

Download Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo v1.0.1.3 from MediaFire.

Version 1.0.1.3:
* Tried to fix bugs, tell me later if it worked, some bugs weren't even related to mod ;)
* Hierarchy got new weapon, that allows to deal with those little pesky IDF frigates ;D
* Hierarchy's Fleets reworked in order to give them same chance of victory against IDF fleet of same size.
* Try to be a badass, try to play on Hierarchy's side :D
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:02:40 PM by WarStalkeR »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.3)
« Reply #251 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:20 PM »

A really good question here:

Is this going to be a TC? ;D

Also, when will the next major update arrive? (I'm referring to major as in: Add a new faction) ;D

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 27, 2012, 12:02:42 PM »

Finally, I can start being the Hierarchy with that new "speical" weapon of yours...muhahahahaha...
When's the next faction coming in?

EDIT:
Damn, ninja'd by upgrade on that last though. :D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 27, 2012, 12:05:07 PM »

Is this going to be a TC? ;D
Yes! Wait... what is TC? ;D

Also, when will the next major update arrive? (I'm referring to major as in: Add a new faction) ;D
SOONTM;D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 27, 2012, 12:17:29 PM »

Touche.

TC = Total Conversion.

;D

(Also, what keys do you press to get TM? ;D)
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 36