Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229326 times)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (Hierarchy Introduction Video Ready!)
« Reply #150 on: April 14, 2012, 11:35:43 AM »

@Uomoz, still I want to add Scourge, because they look unique and have unique weapons and will be interesting part of mod by coming out of nowhere and raiding the system :) Before you started Scourge mod, I wanted to start working on some biological race like scourge :)

They resemble story of Tyranids from Warhammer 40000... Tyranids were able to overrun with swarm almost all races like Orkz, Space Marines, Imperial Guards, Chaos, Eldars & etc... Almost all except one... One of their fleet landed by mistake on one planet... that was abundant with Necron Tombs... In the end Tyranids arse was handed out to them by Necrons, that with ease destroyed almost whole Tyranid hive fleet...

They do overrun. But, you know, they have Hp in the range of the tens of hundreds not tens of thousands ;).

I'm ok if you add them here but don't change their stats please, or I'll call myself out ;).

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: April 14, 2012, 12:15:48 PM »

I'm ok if you add them here but don't change their stats please, or I'll call myself out ;)
They will be with original stats :)

On the planet of Stormvald in the Segmentum Tempestus, Maugan-Ra stood alone against a Tyranid swarm from Hive Fleet Leviathan and single-handedly triumphed.
It's a single case, a very rare one... But Necrons handed out Tyranids' arses every time they tried showed them up :) Necrons are powerful by default... And don't need to start topic Eldars vs Necrons :) Because we have here IDF and Hierarchy, that basically can hand out arses of all W40K races to themselves with ease :) And they don't affected by warp and chaos :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: April 14, 2012, 12:29:51 PM »

Ehm, who needs to have a ground fight?

The TimCORP Modus Operandi is to decimate anything living on the target planet through orbital bombardment and then use their superior ground forces (i don't think there's much left of the planetary ground forces by then) to destroy anything else. Don't think most thnigs can survive sustained orbital bombardment with Echo Pulse Cannons, can they?
:)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: April 14, 2012, 06:50:52 PM »

Ehm, who needs to have a ground fight?

The TimCORP Modus Operandi is to decimate anything living on the target planet through orbital bombardment and then use their superior ground forces (i don't think there's much left of the planetary ground forces by then) to destroy anything else. Don't think most thnigs can survive sustained orbital bombardment with Echo Pulse Cannons, can they?
:)
Agreed same with IDF when planet is completely hostile :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: April 16, 2012, 07:23:21 PM »

I've decreased almost all weapons ranges, because some of them was just overkill...
Also if Hierarchy's ships stuck in nebula, their speed drops dramatically due the fact, that they use Photon Engines, that require clear space without any additional particles to fully utilize their potential...

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: April 16, 2012, 07:42:56 PM »

I've decreased almost all weapons ranges, because some of them was just overkill...
Also if Hierarchy's ships stuck in nebula, their speed drops dramatically due the fact, that they use Photon Engines, that require clear space without any additional particles to fully utilize their potential...

Send me a DEV, so i can test them again (Scourge have some bigger stuff this time).

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #156 on: April 16, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »

I guess The Scourge don't quite fit the mod as it is right now, so I'm calling myself out of this for the moment. I could be making bigger ships with OP weaponry etc, but that would probably kill the concept itself of "Swarm". If I will be making this huge-class ships, it will be just for this mod, so it will be at least delayed after the proper vanilla release of The Scourge.

ISA high command urgently calls a sci-tech meeting. The topic of the day is a development of huge plasma cruise missiles with multiple warheads and a special cruiser platform based on Kansas class to carry these :) Current Tigershark cruise missiles might not be enough to deal with Hierarchy ships...

Man, Hierarchy is as badass as it was in StarCon...

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (Hierarchy Introduction Video)
« Reply #157 on: April 17, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »

ISA high command urgently calls a sci-tech meeting. The topic of the day is a development of huge plasma cruise missiles with multiple warheads and a special cruiser platform based on Kansas class to carry these :) Current Tigershark cruise missiles might not be enough to deal with Hierarchy ships...
Right decision. Very right one. And you will need tp launch a LOTS of these, because just to wear off Hierarchy Battleship's armor to 0 in one point, it requires good amount of IDF's Solaris Torpedoes (and these are VERY destructive).

Man, Hierarchy is as badass as it was in StarCon...
Well, they have all required qualities to be count as universal evil in local scale: badass, merciless, greedy, deceptive, overpowered with almost infinite army. But they related more to Hierarchy from Universe At War (even sign is from there), but I think Hierarchy from UaW is reference to Hierarchy from StarCon, so works out for everybody ;D

New ranges of IDF weapons:
Siege Railgun from 2400 to 1600.
Battle & Assault Railgun from 1600 to 1200.

New ranges of Hierarchy weapons:
1200mm Artillery from 1800 to 1400.
600mm Artillery from 1400 to 1200.
300mm Artillery from 1200 to 1000.
800mm Autocannon from 1000 to 500. (It does around 3700+ dps, so small range at least something that counters this OP weapon)
400mm Autocannon from 800 to 400.
200mm Autocannon from 600 to 300. (Don't ask me to turn it in to PD, because missiles won't have any chance at all)
100mm Shotgun from 200 to 100. (This is only Hierarchy weapon that can act as PD, and it acts good as PD)

Some additional Info:
Still if you got to close to Hierarchy's Battleship, you will be steamrolled in seconds (even IDF's Samekh-class Battleship will die very fast), also you must remember that all Hierarchy weapons have area based damage with its nuclear shells, it's another reason why 100mm Shotguns, easily can send lots of missiles to their missile heaven... or hell...

Even most weak Hierarchy's frigate equipped like good destroyer-class ship (4 medium mounts, 6 small mounts) and Destroyer class already have 2 large mounts... I hope I mentioned that you can't destroy their weapons or engines, right?

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #158 on: April 17, 2012, 01:00:43 AM »

I hope I mentioned that you can't destroy their weapons or engines, right?

What do you mean?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 17, 2012, 01:30:04 AM »

What do you mean?
Due the Hierarchy's nature, their ship architecture practice use of very heavy armoring on engines and weapons (Hierarchy's ships do not use shields, but instead very heavy armor), so instead easier to take down whole ship, then to take off-line one gun or engine.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 02:24:03 AM »

Aaa, i see. I just thought that you used a couple of new hull mods that increases wep and drv hit points to an almost infinite value :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 02:56:28 AM »

Aaa, i see. I just thought that you used a couple of new hull mods that increases wep and drv hit points to an almost infinite value :)
Right :)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #162 on: April 17, 2012, 03:11:49 AM »

New ranges of IDF weapons:
Siege Railgun from 2400 to 1600.
Battle & Assault Railgun from 1600 to 1200.

New ranges of Hierarchy weapons:
1200mm Artillery from 1800 to 1400.
600mm Artillery from 1400 to 1200.
300mm Artillery from 1200 to 1000.
800mm Autocannon from 1000 to 500. (It does around 3700+ dps, so small range at least something that counters this OP weapon)
400mm Autocannon from 800 to 400.
200mm Autocannon from 600 to 300. (Don't ask me to turn it in to PD, because missiles won't have any chance at all)
100mm Shotgun from 200 to 100. (This is only Hierarchy weapon that can act as PD, and it acts good as PD)

I hope Hierarchy capital ships don`t use targeting units? Otherwise with all these ranges it will be impossible to get to them (1000-1600 + extra % from TU still will out-range anything in any known mod so far!).

And 3700 dps per cannon... and with AOE... thats just madness.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: April 17, 2012, 03:40:46 AM »

I hope Hierarchy capital ships don`t use targeting units? Otherwise with all these ranges it will be impossible to get to them (1000-1600 + extra % from TU still will out-range anything in any known mod so far!).
No they don't, neither they don't have place for it :)

And 3700 dps per cannon... and with AOE... thats just madness.
Just don't get too close :)

Also 1600 is IDF's Siege Railgun, and there is weapon in Weapons Mod, that have range of 1600, Light Gauss Cannon :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (Hierarchy Introduction Video)
« Reply #164 on: April 17, 2012, 05:09:05 AM »

Hmmmm....
In light of recent news from here, TimCORP high command called to a top-secret meeting to discuss further plans for weapons and ships. The result will be dubbed: "INFERNAL-class cruise torpedoes". Able to strike from long distances with extreme impunity, they are only to be used in the most dire situations. Which happens a lot when you meet the hierarchy ;D
Still, the missile will give them a chance to counter the hierarchy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 36