Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229316 times)

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (Hierarchy Introduction Video Ready!)
« Reply #135 on: April 14, 2012, 08:20:31 AM »

i dont know if my mod would qualify for this, but so far I have:

7 ships (no fighters)
2 frigates
2 destroyers
2 cruisers
1 incredibly powerful (18 large mounts) battle cruiser

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 14, 2012, 08:36:06 AM »

7 ships (no fighters)
2 frigates
2 destroyers
2 cruisers
Stands no chance against the Hierarchy, even with that cruiser.  Unless it has some tough (and I mean REALLY tough) radiation-proof armor. ;D
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 14, 2012, 08:46:47 AM »

AHAHAHAHA amazing. The Scourge don't stand a chance yet IT'S AWESOME to watch.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:10 AM »

My first thought when I saw that pic: HOLY CRAP!!!

Looks awesome with the swarm there :D

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2012, 08:49:18 AM »

i think the shield has like .2 upkeep and .25 efficiency

and 1050 OP

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2012, 08:52:30 AM »

7 ships (no fighters)
2 frigates
2 destroyers
2 cruisers
Watch yourself this trailer and decide, if battlecruiser is enough ;D
Also be removing fighter from your fleet, you strip your fleet of really important support.

AHAHAHAHA amazing. The Scourge don't stand a chance yet IT'S AWESOME to watch.
Hmm... Make bigger swarm ships :) It can infest anything, right? :)

i think the shield has like .2 upkeep and .25 efficiency

and 1050 OP
Which ship?

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2012, 08:59:46 AM »

in the end:

I guess The Scourge don't quite fit the mod as it is right now, so I'm calling myself out of this for the moment. I could be making bigger ships with OP weaponry etc, but that would probably kill the concept itself of "Swarm". If I will be making this huge-class ships, it will be just for this mod, so it will be at least delayed after the proper vanilla release of The Scourge.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:04 AM »

I guess The Scourge don't quite fit the mod as it is right now, so I'm calling myself out of this for the moment. I could be making bigger ships with OP weaponry etc, but that would probably kill the concept itself of "Swarm". If I will be making this huge-class ships, it will be just for this mod, so it will be at least delayed after the proper vanilla release of The Scourge.
Will it be ok if I will balance them a little only for this mod?

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Cordacc

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 14, 2012, 09:31:21 AM »

well the reason my fleet doesn't have fighters is because its fighters are so big the become frigates, so my feet has some pretty good fast frigates.
also finished a ship slightly larger than my previous biggest, still only battle cruiser by size, most of my ships are small but packed with weapons.

EDIT my battle cruiser with 18 slots has .2 upkeep and .25 efficiency.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 09:41:21 AM by Cordacc »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 14, 2012, 09:51:09 AM »

Will it be ok if I will balance them a little only for this mod?

That's not real "balance". What I mean is that the Scourge, that is more powerful of vanilla factions (by some degree, not OP though), didn't even scratch the armor of Hierarchy ships, not even the smallest cruiser. The changes to bring my mod to the kind of Overpowered-state of the stuff in this mod would be far too big. The main problem here is probably their strenght\FP ratio is not balanced, at all: the Hierarchy ships should cost a lot more in FP to put this stuff on a "vanilla" status. A 120 FP ship is a lot stronger then any possible 120 points vanilla fleet (and a solo ship should be weaker then a fleet of the same cost, imho).

No i don't agree with abrupt changes, I'd like them to be the same everywhere. Sorry.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 14, 2012, 10:32:19 AM »

EDIT my battle cruiser with 18 slots has .2 upkeep and .25 efficiency.
I have no problem with that... But still battleship preferred :)

That's not real "balance". What I mean is that the Scourge, that is more powerful of vanilla factions (by some degree, not OP though), didn't even scratch the armor of Hierarchy ships, not even the smallest cruiser. The changes to bring my mod to the kind of Overpowered-state of the stuff in this mod would be far too big. The main problem here is probably their strenght\FP ratio is not balanced, at all: the Hierarchy ships should cost a lot more in FP to put this stuff on a "vanilla" status. A 120 FP ship is a lot stronger then any possible 120 points vanilla fleet (and a solo ship should be weaker then a fleet of the same cost, imho).
Hmm... Try to remove Hierarchy Battleship from battle and to all Swarm ships add personality with this line of code:
Code
api.addToFleet(FleetSide.ENEMY, "swarm_ship", FleetMemberType.SHIP, false).getCaptain().setPersonality("suicidal");

Because the only way to take out Hierarchy ships with swam based enemy is to get in to closest distance, and barrage it from close. Also all Hierarchy ships have weakness... Their rear almost not covered by their weapons. Basically you've done a mistake when put such Hierarchy armada against swam... You said your swarm frigate costs 2 FP, right? Then use 10 of these to take down 1 Hierarchy frigate... Oh and use map with nebula I made... Also as I know you're not finished all weapons for swarm, there is a lot to do, am I right? ;)

P.S. Hierarchy ships are really vulnerable, IDF too, you just need to find out your own strategy of taking them down :) Also, try to put Hierarchy as AI, and take control of Swarm :)

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 14, 2012, 10:50:32 AM »

1- I used the suicidal and fearless personalities on previous versions of my mod, but now I made so the Scourge can simply fight with any possible personality with similar effectiveness.

2- IA don't know Hierarchy weaknesses and The Scourge is not a playable faction so I can't really "make them do stuff" in battle. (I do this behind the scene, editing pretty much every aspect of the ships to make them behave the way I want).

3- There's no fight, even If I add ships and weaponry. When I add something the faction it doesn't change the overall strenght, they just get diverse, more variegated and more fun to play against.

4- There's no strategy with the Scourge, they either swarm their enemies or they don't (again, it's not a playable faction, I'm putting a lot of effort designing it this way). In this case they don't (and it's alright, their are meant to be defeated with vanilla stats, if you fly a decent fleet), but the overall fight vs the Hierarchy (same FP, 600 vs 600) is not even worth watching after a few minutes: when I tried the mission I just watched the map with everything in autopilot xD.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 14, 2012, 10:58:42 AM »

Donation time, 3 ships in two sizes. (only pictures)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ct3hq5

I'm sure you people can put these to good use.

EDIT: I can probably do a lot more of these if anyone is interested?
EDIT: Actually it looks like I've got all the old tyrian 2000 graphics, even weapons and weapon effects. Anyone interested in this?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 11:03:18 AM by Vandala »

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 14, 2012, 11:17:11 AM »

@Uomoz, still I want to add Scourge, because they look unique and have unique weapons and will be interesting part of mod by coming out of nowhere and raiding the system :) Before you started Scourge mod, I wanted to start working on some biological race like scourge :)

They resemble story of Tyranids from Warhammer 40000... Tyranids were able to overrun with swarm almost all races like Orkz, Space Marines, Imperial Guards, Chaos, Eldars & etc... Almost all except one... One of their fleet landed by mistake on one planet... that was abundant with Necron Tombs... In the end Tyranids arse was handed out to them by Necrons, that with ease destroyed almost whole Tyranid hive fleet...

Soridan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 14, 2012, 11:32:25 AM »

Tyranids were able to overrun with swarm almost all races like Orkz, Space Marines, Imperial Guards, Chaos, Eldars & etc... Almost all except one...

Maugan Ra says hi. ^^

On the planet of Stormvald in the Segmentum Tempestus, Maugan-Ra stood alone against a Tyranid swarm from Hive Fleet Leviathan and single-handedly triumphed.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 36