Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229338 times)

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2012, 01:29:33 AM »

still working on the ark ship........
Hey, there is a ship limit out here, and its Battleship size (560~960 pixels long axis)... If yo're going to bring dreadnoughts, everybody going to bring dreadnoughts... Hierarchy and IDF too... So, lets stop on battleships... they hardly fit the screen already :)
yes, but I can make more dreadnoughts..... I made 90 unique sprites in 2 weeks
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2012, 01:30:19 AM »

Apart from all the graphical ramifications - I also have to split the fleet up from the original 3 classes into the new 5 classes.
It's not problematic :) Its even more convenient, make chart of Uni-T ships for yourself, the most big ones, go in to CAPTIAL_SHIP category, all fighters/drones in to FIGHTER category, and then other from smaller to bigger by categories :)

Weapons will be interesting since in starfarer there is a single weapon group avaliable for all ships (rather than seperate weapons for seperate classes)
Well, but you remember that weapon slots here divided in 3 groups - SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, in addition 3 groups of weapon types - MISSILE, BALLISTIC, ENERGY. This problem is solved too :)

In other words: if i am not careful, the Uni-T mod will be just another OP trainwreck. (Just like the first time :P)
OP against whom, original races, or modded races? :)

Besides, there are already a ton of talented modders already here - so i can take my time  ;D
There is no such thing as enough modders :)

Judging on the size of both Hierarchy battleship and this... huge madness... my ISA battleship is a mere cruiser (202x458) :)
Not a mere cruiser, but a battlecruiser, still a long way till battleship... But as I wrote earlier the size for each civilization is relative :) I even read book, where scout frigate of one civilization were 2 kilometers long, and it was smallest ship.

Ship size chart of ISA Long Range Exploration Fleet that got itself in a wrong place in the wrong time.
Wrong Time? Hmm... no body knows :) Wrong Place? Hmm... Can't say that, planets of Sector Xplo are incredibly rich with extremely rare resources, that in most places even can't exist in nature :) So actually its right place for any fleet to come :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2012, 01:46:12 AM »

Rich resources kinda pale compared to non-stoppable all-consuming absolute-evil super-ancient threat :)

Updated the previous post. It includes badge and info on ISA.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2012, 01:54:31 AM »

Rich resources kinda pale compared to non-stoppable all-consuming absolute-evil super-ancient threat :)
You remember Elerium-115 (super effective energy source from XCOM), so think that whole planet consists only from Elerium-115, you even don't need mines to mine it, you can just take it barehanded. And now add to this planet factor like that: Elerium-115 grows on this planet faster, then you mine and gather it. It's an example of how rich planets in Xplo sector :D

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

DarkStar076

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2012, 02:00:08 AM »

In other words: if i am not careful, the Uni-T mod will be just another OP trainwreck. (Just like the first time :P)
OP against whom, original races, or modded races? :)
Both - I want to make sure that that if/when i release a mod it will not escalate the arms race but rather it will be balanced (or slightly underpowered) against the vanilla races.  (I also have the perfect role for them as well)
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2012, 02:00:31 AM »

Yeah, a single missplaced shot and the whole sector Xplo ignites in supernova :)

I`ve noticed that you now have both battleship and battlecruiser as requirements. Wouldn`t it be better to stay close to original classifications of ships used by the game? Frigate/destroyer/cruiser and capital. I for one didn`t plan to include anything larger that battleship i`ve shown (that you classified as battlecruiser).

Would this be enough or am i forced to design a new ship in order to participate in this project?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2012, 02:04:49 AM »

(I also have the perfect role for them as well)
Sounds interesting :)

Yeah, a single missplaced shot and the whole sector Xplo ignites in supernova :)
Elerium-115 was an example...  ;)

I`ve noticed that you now have both battleship and battlecruiser as requirements. Wouldn`t it be better to stay close to original classifications of ships used by the game? Frigate/destroyer/cruiser and capital. I for one didn`t plan to include anything larger that battleship i`ve shown (that you classified as battlecruiser).

Would this be enough or am i forced to design a new ship in order to participate in this project?
It's enough, as I said earlier, size is relative for each race :)
But if you want to design Battleship (or Dreadnought) to lay some serious firepower (or show to that damn Hierarchy what humans made of), I'm for it :)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 02:09:13 AM by WarStalkeR »

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:02 AM »

Hmm. I`d rather utilize larger fleets with 2-3 current battleships than develop a new large ship (don`t like them that much).

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2012, 02:22:48 AM »

Hmm. I`d rather utilize larger fleets with 2-3 current battleships than develop a new large ship (don`t like them that much).
Works out for decent battle :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2012, 07:34:14 AM »

Well, warstalker. How'd it going here? I mean, have you done any coding work so far?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2012, 12:49:56 PM »

Well, warstalker. How'd it going here? I mean, have you done any coding work so far?
Hierarchy Battleship is ready completely, making .hull and .variant file for other Hierarchy ships ain't problem at all. Also I just finished some Hierarchy weapons:
1200mm Quad Artillery => Large
600mm Triple Artillery => Medium
300mm Dual Artillery => Small

Others WIP, which already have pictures:
800mm Dual Autocannon => Large
400mm Dual Autocannon => Medium
200mm Rapid Autocannon => Small
100mm Storm Shotgun => Small

Only Idea:
3600mm Siege Artillery => Large

All Hierarchy weapons use Nuclear Shells and have AoE damage.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 12:52:33 PM »

Would love to fight them now :D

And puzzling together the factions?

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 12:59:34 PM »

And puzzling together the factions?
My priority list goes like that:
1) Finish the Hierarchy.
2) Fix small things in IDF.
3) Implement All possible scripts I want with these two.
4) Start adding other races, implementing them in scripts & etc.
5) ? ? ? ? ?
6) PROFIT!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 01:08:04 PM by WarStalkeR »

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2012, 01:01:41 PM »

Just sent you a pm.....
Hope you can help me ;D

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2012, 03:53:44 AM »

Hierarchy got quite unique weapons :)
Including shotgun :)

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 36