Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36

Author Topic: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo (1.0.1.7/0.53.1a)  (Read 229312 times)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
Re: Fight For Universe: Sector Xplo
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2012, 11:07:36 PM »

Ehm.... Does leviathan count as "battleship size" or do I need an dedicated battleship?
Yep, it does. Btw, why its purple-blue and not orange?
Because  It's unique :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:35 AM »

Because  It's unique :)
Unique units can be deployed only in quantity of one... And last battle I've seen, there were 4 of these deployed :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Etfaks

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 03:00:41 AM »

This looks really fun and interesting. I was working on a mod a while back (The Hoplites of Corinth), but hit a wall when it came to the implementation & coding/scripting the campaign part. If you would be willing to do that part, I'll take up the ship & weapon work again and produce the remaining artpieces required.

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1219.0

My mod currently contains:
  • 1 fighter squad
  • 2 frigates(light and medium)
  • 1 destroyer
  • 1 cruiser(support carrier)
  • 1 light capital ship

As of now the Hoplites are missing these elements:
  • badge/icon
  • portrait
  • 3 weapons
  • transporter ship

Anyway did i miss anything or would that be sufficient?

Also... dibs for a light yellowish colour on the starmap with a planet called Corinth! :D

The Hoplites of Corinth is at your command.
Dev of the mod "The Hoplites of Corinth" and  artist for "Portraits Galore".

Lulloser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 03:15:24 AM »

Here you go http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrian_(video_game)
I played this on my trusty 486 :)

You can get it on www.gog.com for free.^^
Just create an Account.

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 03:44:40 AM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1219.0
Looks awesome and unique :) I like it :)

My mod currently contains:
  • 1 fighter squad
  • 2 frigates(light and medium)
  • 1 destroyer
  • 1 cruiser(support carrier)
  • 1 light capital ship

As of now the Hoplites are missing these elements:
  • badge/icon
  • portrait
  • 3 weapons
  • transporter ship

Anyway did i miss anything or would that be sufficient?
T3h Battleship... You've seen the big mean guy over there (on previous page), that belongs to Hierarchy, well you will have to fight him on some point...

Also... dibs for a light yellowish colour on the starmap with a planet called Corinth! :D
Sorry man, no planet with custom names, all sides here are guests in this sector, at least almost all... But... if your race powerful enough... to build one... It's whole another story :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2012, 05:20:03 AM »

Just to explanain above posts, the TimCORP fleet admirals use a delta class as their flagship ;)

And also, how many races here have the ability to create a artificial planet?..........

Btw, the next TimCORP release will come today, and hopefully you'll be able to implement them here then, and they will have a dedicated battleship.........

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2012, 06:39:57 AM »

@WarStalkeR I have question for you. I would like to participate but with only 1 ship. So is it possible?

We do weapons, hulls, variants you just implement them to your system right? So what about, dmg output of weapons, armor ratings, hp values, flux pool, flux regen and so on? There should be some criteria to that otherwise we would have ships with 0.0 shield dmg or hulls with 1.000.000 HP or weapons with insane amount of dmg per hit.
Creator of:
Relics MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Vanilla addon MOD - vanilla balanced - Campaign integrated
Project ONI MOD - mission only

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2012, 06:44:21 AM »

@WarStalkeR I have question for you. I would like to participate but with only 1 ship. So is it possible?

We do weapons, hulls, variants you just implement them to your system right? So what about, dmg output of weapons, armor ratings, hp values, flux pool, flux regen and so on? There should be some criteria to that otherwise we would have ships with 0.0 shield dmg or hulls with 1.000.000 HP or weapons with insane amount of dmg per hit.

Agree with arcibalde here, i don't want waaayyyy too op weapons, though i should probably not say anything, because of my missiles.............

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2012, 07:03:44 AM »

When i do my ships, well, process of determining base value for HP, flux pool, flux dissipation, shield efficiency, max OP is next:

Ill take my FAITHOPER ship as example. He is made out of Conquest

1. HP =  First i compare new ship "hard" surface with vanilla ship (i compare Faithoper with Conquest). So he was roughly 4 time bigger then Conquest thus he must have 4x HP more then Conquest.

2.  Flux pool = Well for me this is also size matter. Sometimes something can influence flux pool size bu it's also 4x flux pool of Conquest.

3. Armor = Both ships are MIDDLELINE so their armor is almost same. Faithoper got more (but not much) of it because his bulkier appearance.

4. Flux dissipation = It's more then Conquest but not much more. This needs lots of fine tuning and testing. You don't wanna ship that can shoot indefinitely or just couple of shoots and then to overload.

5. OPs = Its same as HP. But, some things eat away OP. Like better shield efficacy then original ship and so on.

This is process that i use to balance my ships with vanilla...

Creator of:

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2012, 07:33:21 AM »

Do you want this ship to participate on players side, or as NPC? If it's on players side, you always can create your own minimod, that will just overwrite factions file player.faction and setup it as startup ship. It also possible to add random roaming battleship/dreadnought that don't afraid of anything, but due not finished AI and Auto-Resolve settings, even if your ship at NPC side and meeting bigger armada (your or NPCs doesn't matters) will almost always lose, even if under manual control of player can win any battle.

Eventually every creator of race decides for himself, what weapon will be added to race, well but if weapon will be too overpowered, I will just correct it to keep balance. Good examples are my Siege Railgun vs Upgradecap' Echo Pulse :)
Quote from: Example
But never underestimate the Echo Pulse Cannon.
Twice powerful then Siege Railgun, but only half range of Siege Railgun. Siege Railgun requires even more energy then Echo Pulse Cannon to shoot, 3 times slower rotation then "Echo Pulse Cannon", who said it unbalanced?
Arcibalde, also add don't forget to add elements of roleplay/lore and support it with small theory :)

Agree with arcibalde here, i don't want waaayyyy too op weapons, though i should probably not say anything, because of my missiles.............
Well 1500000000 emp missile don't destroys/damages ship right? It only disables it, so called blackout missile, and it also can be shot down while flying? And afraid not, In the end very OP weapons ships will be balanced to keep everything in line :)

P.S. Already finished Hierarchy Battleship, Battlecruiser and Cruiser :)

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2012, 07:37:18 AM »

Well 1500000000 emp missile don't destroys/damages ship right? It only disables it, so called blackout missile, and it also can be shot down while flying? And afraid not, In the end very OP weapons ships will be balanced to keep everything in line

Well, yeah that's true. A blackout missile, though it dosen't work as intended. It dosen't cause a black-out on the whole ship, only half the ship, but that's enough to keep it in a state of non-fighting for a minute, prehaps :)

arcibalde

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2012, 08:01:58 AM »

It also possible to add random roaming battleship/dreadnought that don't afraid of anything, but due not finished AI and Auto-Resolve settings, even if your ship at NPC side and meeting bigger armada (your or NPCs doesn't matters) will almost always lose, even if under manual control of player can win any battle.

Ahhh dang it. I didn't think of that... Downer... Nwm then, can't work with current auto resolve...
Creator of:

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2012, 08:14:46 AM »

Well, yeah that's true. A blackout missile, though it dosen't work as intended. It dosen't cause a black-out on the whole ship, only half the ship, but that's enough to keep it in a state of non-fighting for a minute, prehaps :)
Think that all modern space ships have triple+ backup system, so it will be problematic to disable ship completely with one missile :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »

Meet the Hierarchy:

From biggest to smallest: Battleship, Battlecruiser, Cruiser, Destroyer, Frigate, Fighter-Bomber.
They use only two weapon types: High Caliber Artillery with Nuclear Shells or Rotary Autocannons with Nuclear Shells.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2012, 10:03:22 AM »

Think TimCORP is all set to join the fray with the latest update ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 36