Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: minimum number of starting fleet points can prevent any deployments  (Read 2400 times)

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums

if you have say... a tiny force vs. a huge force... guess what? you can have too few starting fleet points to deploy any ships! >.<
the minimum fleet points should be equal to the cheapest ship you have to deploy.

Avan

• Admiral
  • Pioneer of Starfarer Modding
    • View Profile
    • DevDB forums
Determining winnger: unhandled fleet goal combination gives crash
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 08:15:31 AM »

I did a defend vs. escape battle because I needed the extra fleet points (which turned out to not be enough)... and it failed to determine a winner when I tried to surrender to the main menu because I couldn't deploy my single ship, at which point it crashed to desktop.

Since we unfortunatly don't have control over the starting fleetpoints or total fleetpoint ratio (by default its 100 and we can't change that), sometimes defend has to be used for that extra fleetpoint bonus. (although it was a moot point here, as it was not enough)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Determining winnger: unhandled fleet goal combination gives crash
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 08:24:28 AM »

Defend vs Escape isn't a valid combination - the outcome of those goals is that the escaping side gets away unscathed without a battle taking place.

The "can't deploy the only ship" will be addressed, though - I'll add it to the list.