Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: MrDavidoff´s Tri-Tachyon Omega-class Dreadnought (2 missions, ver. 1.1 WIP)  (Read 59039 times)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Tri-Tachyon Omega class command ship v.0.9a - two missions
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2012, 04:03:01 AM »

As for the hull's class name...this ship is a true mega-fiend from Hell, and is huge enough to make a battleship look like a mere taco stand. ;) I already have been mentally classifying the Omega as an example of a Titan-size hull class. "Flagship" or "Fleet Leader" or "Command Ship" works, too, I suppose; we're walking into uncharted territory here regarding hull classes, anyway.

If there will be any new "classes for the hulls(judging by their size), I think there should be a middle class between them - between a capitalship and (lets call it) titan class, like dreadnought. And then it could have an attribute specifying its role, aka Omega would be called titan class command ship ? And if your into story sauce - Omega would be called just "Omega class" because the crew and marines..would give it the nick, because omega was first of its class .. but it would refer to the titan class c. s.

The designation field of the ship_data.csv is only used for human display, I believe, not any critical game function.

I learn as I go  :)

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2012, 01:06:18 AM »

If there will be any new "classes for the hulls(judging by their size), I think there should be a middle class between them - between a capitalship and (lets call it) titan class, like dreadnought. And then it could have an attribute specifying its role, aka Omega would be called titan class command ship ? And if your into story sauce - Omega would be called just "Omega class" because the crew and marines..would give it the nick, because omega was first of its class .. but it would refer to the titan class c. s.
Well... it's little more then battleship and it's almost dreadnought... Missing only about 100 pixels :) But yep, let's call it dreadnought :)
Let's assume 1 pixel = 1 meter. Mothership size is about 2km ~ 5km... Titans size is about 8km ~ 15km...

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2012, 06:59:00 AM »

Well... it's little more then battleship and it's almost dreadnought... Missing only about 100 pixels :) But yep, let's call it dreadnought :)
Let's assume 1 pixel = 1 meter. Mothership size is about 2km ~ 5km... Titans size is about 8km ~ 15km...

Titan size is what??? :o:o:o:o

I. Must. Make. One.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:43 PM »

A ship enters the battle.. and covers half of the map.. okay, Ive come to understanding thats not what we want  :P  :D

Upgradecap

• Admiral
  • CEO of the TimCORP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »

A ship enters the battle.. and covers half of the map.. okay, Ive come to understanding thats not what we want  :P  :D

Half? I think you got the distances wrong......
There is no battle because there's no screen big enoguh to make it fit, and if you zoom out to see the ship, it would crash your game because of lag :D

frag971

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2012, 02:06:45 PM »

Love it, but sadly not practical. You realy need to trim the ship down because it simply doesn't fit into the fitting screen so i cant fit the top and side slots. :|
Let's say I'm captaining the ISS Slightly Lopsided Isosceles Triangle here.

elite24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2013, 05:23:28 PM »

Where did the downloads go :(.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 06:51:15 AM »

The Omega Dreadnaught will be included in the next update of the MrDavidoff´s Ship Addon mod. It will be integrated into the campaign, the sprite will be updated.

Im not sure, if I will update this mod, since the two missions, which this mod contained, are also part of the Ship Addon.

Where did the downloads go :(.

I think I removed it from Droppbox by accident and CZShare.. well, I guess nobody downloaded it for a month or it simply passed the time a trail account permits an upload to be on the servers.

Like I said, I dont know, if Ill go and make the effort of seperating just the ship and two missions from my addon, I sadly dont have this mod(ironically), because It merged with the addon.

I will update soon TM.

Silver Silence

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 01:19:32 PM »

The sprite will be updated?  :o
As in major overhaul and it all looks fantastically different? Or just a few tweaks?
And.........
Will there be a Council dreadnaught to match it?  :P

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 01:32:58 PM »

If there is, I will soon have a beast to match it. ;)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 02:07:46 PM »

The sprite will be updated?  :o
As in major overhaul and it all looks fantastically different? Or just a few tweaks?

Well, in general I made a completly new sprite, so I would say overhaul, however I kept the ship characteristic layout.

And.........
Will there be a Council dreadnaught to match it?  :P

There will be ships to match it, yes.  But not dreadnaught-size, at least for now not.

If there is, I will soon have a beast to match it. ;)

I did make this to be a final boss for the addon... I wouldnt use the term "to match" so lightly in this case  :D
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:10:49 PM by MrDavidoff »

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2013, 03:19:12 AM »

A WIP of the new Omega sprite, sorry I had very little time to work on anything lately.

In the picture below I added the current state of the new sprite and the original, for comparrison.
Im trying to stick to the T.T. style as much as possible this time around (to my best ability anyways..)

Even if it wont turn out to be a 100% T.T. artstyle I still think the "update" will look much better, when
its done.

Anyways, just keeping you upto speed, feedback is always welcome.
(Note - purely about the aesthetics of the ship, this ship aint made for balance  ;) )

I will update this mod, once the sprite is finished. So it will contain the new sprite, possibly one
extra ship and couple new weapons. There will be two missions, with slightly updated Hegemony
variants.

The Omega-class will also serve as an optional end-game boss in the campaign mode in the
"MrDavidoff´s Ship Addon" mod.  

Warning Large picture ahead!

Spoiler
[close]
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 03:36:45 AM by MrDavidoff »

ValkyriaL

• Admiral
  • The Guru of Capital Ships.
    • View Profile

Spoiler
[close]

::)

Gotcha!

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Welcome to New Hiigara

Are people overcompensating for something?  ;D

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile

I will take a different approach for the Council Loyalists/Remnant Dreadnought.  ;)

And..

Are people overcompensating for something?  ;D

Hey, It was my first sprite.. And I never do anything small.
LoL :D

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4