Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Few thing i noticed that would or not be good or bad  (Read 2367 times)

hydremajor

• Captain
    • View Profile
Few thing i noticed that would or not be good or bad
« on: April 12, 2012, 12:21:17 AM »

Okay so I've had one of the most INSANE fleet growth rate yesterday and a few things I do feel like they need to be said

1:Mercenary groups are game-breaking

Yup, went there: it is not uncommon that a mercenary fleet engages a fleet and barely comes out of it in one piece the purest example is that when started a new game and gotten a vigilance class (yay good ship)

Later I found a mercenary fleet with a single cruiser in it, for sh*ts and giggles I engage it and there before my teary eyes the beautiful words "no battle ready ships" appear....

BOOM one free cruiser even though I only had my vigilance class and no fighters whatsoever,

After that I started litterally FARMING thoses, a few minutes later BOOM a Aurora class (fully weaponned up) a few more minutes BOOM a falcon class, my fleet grew so damn fast I litterally ran out of money to crew thoses things

So yeah, play your cards right and you can also get a fully armed Odyssey class at the BEGINNING OF THE GAME wich is just completely insane...No really...

1a: What would be nice in thoses cases would be communication jammers, like this attacking succesfully certain fleets wouldn't affect your rank....Yeah i know you see where im going with this but HEY its not MY fault if thoses guys always pick up ships they cant repair in time...HELL see if THEY care, besides its the future yet you're trying to tell me buttpirates let peoples broadcast SOS' when you want to horribly plunder em ?

2:Balance issues

I think I can safely say no matter how many times I start over the Tri Tachyon fleets ALWAYS end up decimating just about everything in th system HELL at one point Corvus two had FIVE gigantic fleets just buzzing around it and any Hegemony fleet trying to take it back got horribly mauled....I mean....REALLY ?!
a 1 VS 3 odds and yet they still kick that much ass ?

3:comandeerable fighters

Is it even possible ?

4:Non obeying ships

That awkward moment when ships are not where I tell them to be, seriously WHY would a ship suppoed to defend a point on the map is chasing a lasher class across the whole effin' map ?
It has been proved to happen....

5:Scrapping Hardpoints and turrets points

Sometimes some of the ship designs I come up with don't need ALL their weapon slots used, and to me it just seems daft that thoses points can't be refitted to grant a little more OP to add more usefull stuff...Like Integrated targetting or even amplified engines or even Auxiliary Thrusters...I think a LOT of peoples can vow for their usefullness, so the Idea would be that for each non-used weapon slot you get ONE "free of charge" hull mod...

Cryten

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Few thing i noticed that would or not be good or bad
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2012, 04:14:16 AM »

http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=1869.0

Reduced amount of crew killed when a ship takes hull damaged
Increased the amount of crew in all the faction fleets
Increased chance of uncrewed ship to be sabotaged by the enemy (instead of captured) to 90% (up from 50)
Increased chance of for each weapon of a surrendering ship to be sabotaged to 80% (up from 50)
Reduced chance to capture fighters in auto-resolve battles to better match normal battles

SwipertheFox

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 06:33:54 AM »

Balance issues

I think I can safely say no matter how many times I start over the Tri Tachyon fleets ALWAYS end up decimating just about everything in th system HELL at one point Corvus two had FIVE gigantic fleets just buzzing around it and any Hegemony fleet trying to take it back got horribly mauled....I mean....REALLY ?!
a 1 VS 3 odds and yet they still kick that much ass ?

I think that should be evened out when we have more that one sector to swim around in.... :)
But I do agree.  Between the Tri's and the Death Squads within the first 20 min....  Wooo!!!
Either complete Ownage or I got the fleet from return of the jedi.

mineplanet

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 10:21:18 AM »

i agree with number one i got so many ships i didnt have much money to get crew i had 78 ships and all factions were scared of me even aliens were to scared man that game got boring i played it for 6 hours straght right now i have 4 mods and im getting them all make it more fun

Zapier

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 12:55:31 PM »

Many of the issues mentioned in the OP are mostly due to the stage of the alpha build. While it isn't wrong and nor is it unnecessary to point out balance issues and ways that make it easy to acquire ships, it should be noted and reminded that this is campaign is literally in place so we could at least play the campaign. The final version will obviously be radically different, which will change the balance issues, the mercenary issues, the 78 ships (exactly how many FP over the limit are you with that, mineplanet?) in a single fleet, etc.

As for point three, I'm not exactly sure what the OP is asking... taking direct command of fighters I assume? If that's what was meant, then the answer so far as been a no on that ability.

Point four, it's hard to know exactly what the issue is without knowing all the circumstances like what other orders have been issued, what ships you have, what the enemy has, etc. So many variables to take into account before saying that a ship just completely ignored your orders, since some orders actually give/allow ships to have some flexibility to defend a point, because they'll engage at some distance from the point in order to defend it, rather than staying virtually on top of the point and unable to actually move because that would limit a ship's capabilities. On another note, when ship officers get put into play with personalities, you might actually see ships REALLY ignore orders. It's debatable on how officers will work exactly, but it's something to take into consideration... that being you may not get 100% control of your fleet at all times.

Point five, I don't see why people are trying to get 'extra' OP for having unused weapon slots. In a way you are already getting OP by not using that hardpoint or turret because a weapon is not taking up the OP space. Why would you get extra OP for not spending OP? It makes no sense to me. If you choose not to use something, then you benefit from the unallocated OP. No reason to get rewarded twice. Having ship designs be a little more flexible in terms of having designs where you don't utilize every possible turret/hardpoint allows customization for playstyles or whatever role a fleet that particular ship needs to fill.

BillyRueben

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 01:40:14 PM »

...you are already getting OP by not using that hardpoint or turret because a weapon is not taking up the OP space. Why would you get extra OP for not spending OP?

This.