Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks the Hyperion is overpowered?  (Read 37672 times)

DJ Die

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one who thinks the Hyperion is overpowered?
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2012, 10:53:15 PM »

but it is op even in ai hands in a one on one situation so if you see a fleet with one
Run away as fast as your engines can take you
well not all ships should be just as powerful...for example take old soviet Krivak frigate and try to make it beat the new Daring class british destroyer....both are in commission at this time but Daring completely outclasses the Krivaks
the thing is Daring is much more expensive and harder to maintain without proper crew...
maybe it would be possible to have some experimental ships suffer more penalties if you dont have very good crew to balance them as well

TaLaR

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2012, 03:23:35 AM »

Well, actually fighting against multiple Hyperions, while piloting one yourself is quite fun:). Used modded simulator with 6 Hyperions. Even won sometimes, though this takes specialized ship design, tactics and some luck.

RSS_Ornel

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2012, 05:21:50 AM »

but it is op even in ai hands in a one on one situation so if you see a fleet with one
Run away as fast as your engines can take you
well not all ships should be just as powerful...for example take old soviet Krivak frigate and try to make it beat the new Daring class british destroyer....both are in commission at this time but Daring completely outclasses the Krivaks
the thing is Daring is much more expensive and harder to maintain without proper crew...
maybe it would be possible to have some experimental ships suffer more penalties if you dont have very good crew to balance them as well
my only problem is it outclasses everything on the battlefield  including capital ships. Im just asking for the teleport regenspeed to be nerfed.

moontan

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2012, 05:31:59 AM »

my only problem is it outclasses everything on the battlefield  including capital ships. Im just asking for the teleport regenspeed to be nerfed.

totally agree.

it was great fun for the first few days but i stopped using it because...

well, because broken Hyperion is broken.  ;)

the battles were over way too quickly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 05:35:18 AM by moontan »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]