Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: What's your favorite ship?  (Read 55326 times)

blackfang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: What's your favorite ship?
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2012, 06:26:08 AM »

Favorite is the beam equipped with some other rocket kind of things wolf-class. With my starting wolf class i went from a small fleet to a sub cap without a problem. Reason probably being that i got three beams killing of fighters and such, the shield soaks up missiles and rockets without a flinch. Then i can stay out of range of most ships firing mah lazars! Also, i got those rocket/missile kind of things that pretty much kills any sub cap ship without its shield up in one massive volley. I usually use it against those support carrier thingies:) Its highly effective and solves the need of my other ships so i can keep more on other targets. I rarely loose a ship but when i do i have already earned ten times the sum of that ship or captured three or four of the same kind:)

ffpkill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2012, 07:57:41 AM »

Madusa attack destroyer..

weed33

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2012, 09:31:53 AM »

Hyperion with antimatter blasters = capital ship killer, You can almost always get in close and take a few shots then get out of range before it can take your shields down... unless you let the AI pilot it in which case it won't last a minute.

Also I love the onslaught as a kind of missile support ship/tank but it's boring to fly yourself

Sordid

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2012, 10:09:45 AM »

Also I love the onslaught as a kind of missile support ship/tank but it's boring to fly yourself

All the big ships are. I've tried the Onslaught and that blue donut-ship, they're both monumentally dull. Hence why I let the AI lumber along with them while I zip about in my little Medusa-class.

CrashToDesktop

• Admiral
  • Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2012, 11:57:02 AM »

Favorite is any ship that is fast and has a lot of hurt in store for the enemy, namely the Wolf Frigate.;DI love that little sucker, just take a beating and keeps on going.  I also love the Eagle Class.  Nice shape along with a good store of weapons.
Quote from: Trylobot
I am officially an epoch.
Quote from: Thaago
Note: please sacrifice your goats responsibly, look up the proper pronunciation of Alex's name. We wouldn't want some other project receiving mystic power.

cardgame

• Commander
  • Sonic Rainboom
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »

Whatever class that TTS Invincible is - the tachyon lasers and point defense are astounding.

sundaecat

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2012, 02:06:01 PM »

Im so far liking the Lasher class frigate and the Wolf class Frigate(close support)
the lasher is a nice all rounder in speed attack and shield early on
the close support wolf class has really nice mid range lasers thats nice for sniping from range :D

Tarran

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »

Whatever class that TTS Invincible is - the tachyon lasers and point defense are astounding.
It's a Paragon class.

adecoy95

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 22, 2012, 11:14:08 PM »

totally agree with this statement, by far this is my favorite ship in the game, more weapons than the enemy knows what to do with, enough armor to shrug off those pesky fighters. and it can mount antimatter blasters, the best weapon in the game imo.

its maneuverability combined with its high armor makes it a fantastic ship, i took out an onslaught class battleship using only this destroyer

EDIT: after reading over the rest of this thread many others seem to agree, perhaps the ship is TOO powerful? lol

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »

totally agree with this statement, by far this is my favorite ship in the game, more weapons than the enemy knows what to do with, enough armor to shrug off those pesky fighters. and it can mount antimatter blasters, the best weapon in the game imo.

its maneuverability combined with its high armor makes it a fantastic ship, i took out an onslaught class battleship using only this destroyer

EDIT: after reading over the rest of this thread many others seem to agree, perhaps the ship is TOO powerful? lol

Yes.  Tempest/Hyperion, Medusa and Auora all have no competition.  They all have best speed for their class, best flux/vent (biggest culprit because flux equals to both firepower and shield), and let you equip lot of laser based weapons.

Medusa with 4 or more AM is pretty hilarious to use lol

Metadi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2012, 01:26:39 AM »

Aurora? I haven't had much luck making use of them. I mean sure, they're maneuverable as hell and you can kite the enemy something fierce, but i generally run out of ammo for my missiles before i run out of enemies, even with expanded racks. Great fire support, sure, but not on par with the medusa.

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2012, 01:39:58 AM »

Aurora? I haven't had much luck making use of them. I mean sure, they're maneuverable as hell and you can kite the enemy something fierce, but i generally run out of ammo for my missiles before i run out of enemies, even with expanded racks. Great fire support, sure, but not on par with the medusa.

15000 flux capacity and 850 vent as default, 2 medium and 3 light energy mounts that can shoot front... at speed of 70 default.  Missile mounts are icing on the cake (really good icing with MIRV rack though ;D)

And what kiting are you talking about?  This is the strongest cruiser, you will pretty much downright kill anything up front ;D

Iscariot

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2012, 04:19:33 AM »

Doesn't change the fact that the Aurora still looks kind of like an overstuffed and bursting egg roll. Eugh, I hate how high tech ships look.

The idea is that the various tech levels represent different - not "better" - ways to do things.

BonhommeCarnaval

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2012, 04:58:03 AM »

So far in all the ships I've used (I like to use only 1 ship, solo), the Aurora is second only to the Paragon in terms of overall power.

I fit it like this :

Tactical lasers in all the small energy slots, heavy blasters in the 3 medium energy slots, missiles slots empty (but if you don't hate missiles like I do, I guess you could fit something at least in the large slot).
Stabilized shields, hardened shields, integrated targetting unit.
30 vents, 8 capacitors.

Works best with an elite crew (which is not hard to get since it's only a cruiser). The reason is that you remove 0.1 flux damage per damage dealt to shield for every level of the crew. With a veteran crew this setup takes 0.4 flux damage on its shield, with an elite crew it takes 0.3. That's a massive 25% damage reduction.

With the current cowardly AI that keeps retreating, this ship can take on almost ANY fleet, solo. Hopefully the AI will be fixed though.

Even without the enemy retreating, it's the fastest cruiser (except if the enemy has augmented engines), has the best shield tank and has unlimited ammo except for the missiles. The heavy blasters deal great damage and their only weakness is the high flux cost.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 05:00:37 AM by BonhommeCarnaval »
Quote from: Archduke Astro
One of you exhibits humility-impairment syndrome
Aww, you so sweet!

Gaizokubanou

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 23, 2012, 05:26:35 AM »

Doesn't change the fact that the Aurora still looks kind of like an overstuffed and bursting egg roll. Eugh, I hate how high tech ships look.

Egg roll?  It looks far more like an asparagus!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10