Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: MassFarer - A Mass Effect mod for Starfarer, Version 0.25 (Updated 07/04/2012)  (Read 104032 times)

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's not really the standard spriting work that's been done on the mod, I'm fine with that part. I'd say more, but, well it wouldn't be as fun :P

Armadillo

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Okay, I hate to bump my own thread, but it's rather important (modwise, that is) that I attention-*** this.

I'm in need of an arsty person to do some photoshopping stuff for me. While not absolutely crucial to the point of grinding the mod to a complete halt, it would be really, really, really beneficial to the next version if I could get this stuff done

I'd love to help out if I had the expertise with photoshopping.
Need anything else though mod wise, I'd be happy to oblige. :) Looks good so far!

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

any idea if this is .52 compatible? I'm guessing no, I think I heard all the convoy scripts break :-(

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Not sure, been doing quite a bit of other things at the moment, so Starfarer and associated mods have taken a bit of back-burner time. The next MassFarer update will be a big 'un though, to accommodate the 0.52 stuff and because I'm nice ;D

Haresus

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Dead or still working on it?

WKOB

• Admiral
  • Odobenidine Benefactor
    • View Profile

He's still working on it, mate.

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I'm currently working on a ME mod for a different game, among other things it involves me making turian ships from scratch. I don't mind donating those when I'm done. You guys interested?

ciago92

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Just out of curiosity, what game are you making the scouts for? I love all things mass effect so if its a game I have I want to see the mod lol

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Gratuitous Space Battles (Turian Space Navy mod) and when I'm done, I'll make another mod for Distant Worlds Legends, also introducing Turians. There will be more ships than just scouts, I already have two cruisers and a frigate, along with a destroyer.

K-64

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Got any previews for the ships? Just curious since I would like to keep all the ships being the ones that are seen ingame or keeping to the style of the "canon" ones, and I'm quite the nitpickish person when it comes to that front :P

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well, there were only two ships in ME so anything I'll do can be accurate. I copy the style of the original designs (obviously), but I went with a non-standard (aka better) colour sheme based on this one: turian frigate. Here's a preview of one od the ships:

*EDIT Thx Yoshi for showing me how to shrink the imgs ^^
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:01:14 AM by Kalthaniell »

IIE16 Yoshi

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Well, there were only two ships in ME so anything I'll do can be accurate. I copy the style of the original designs (obviously), but I went with a non-standard (aka better) colour sheme based on this one: turian frigate. Here's a preview of one od the ships:

*Sry for big res

*shrinks img*

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Magic trick! Sweet ;) thx

Czaran

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Well since this thread is still active I'd like to add my ... less than useful input.
I have the 3d model of a Quarian diplomat ship...and thats it. No liveship or anything quarian to be found in the static mesh files I have, might be my fault.

In terms of looks though I'd say the diplomat ship would look better as a fighting ship than the liveship. Imagine 7 or 8 flak cannons on either side just demolishing missiles and fighters :)
Spoiler

[close]

The textures are kinda ... slightly broken but nothing much I can do about that.
Also I'm a miserable artist, even with a sprite maker program thing, so I guess these are just good reference for whoever wants to make this if they have the time
« Last Edit: May 25, 2012, 07:03:15 PM by Czaran »

Kalthaniell

• Ensign
    • View Profile

I kinda did that a year ago or so for DW. Just remembered:P It's old, so it's not an artistic expression of greatness, but if you are willing to overlook quarian battleships looking a bit like they were designed similarly to mass relays and accept the other ones as geth cap ships (which by the way no one ever saw, except for dreadnought) it might be handy or even a bit cool ;)

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2q5i8k9hb36xfjd
http://www.mediafire.com/?1bbmw97g657h35i
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11