Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: How to remove Ship blueprints from faction  (Read 1880 times)

DeusVauly

• Ensign
  • a happy amateur
    • View Profile
How to remove Ship blueprints from faction
« on: February 12, 2021, 11:14:55 AM »

Hey y'all, I was wondering how to remove ship blueprints from a faction because I feel that the luddic path fleets, which has access to a bunch of new ships from mods I've added, get cluttered instead with ships from hazard mining incorporated and underworld and I would like for them to have a more unique lineup compared to the pirates which also has access to those. where in the files do have to go to edit this?
« Last Edit: February 12, 2021, 11:17:15 AM by DeusVauly »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to remove Ship blueprints from faction
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2021, 11:44:09 AM »

I don't have it memorized but I "think" you go to the mod folders themselves. starsector\mods\whatevermod\data\world\factions
Each faction has a file there, use a text editor to comment out the ships that you don't like.

That said, I "think" your current run still has the old info loaded to it because the information is only loaded one time. You'd have to look through your save state folders for a file that has the factions. (I don't know where that is).

DeusVauly

• Ensign
  • a happy amateur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2021, 12:26:44 PM »

I don't have it memorized but I "think" you go to the mod folders themselves. starsector\mods\whatevermod\data\world\factions
Each faction has a file there, use a text editor to comment out the ships that you don't like.

That said, I "think" your current run still has the old info loaded to it because the information is only loaded one time. You'd have to look through your save state folders for a file that has the factions. (I don't know where that is).

this is what i got from HMI

"hullFrequency":{
      "tags":{
         "hmi_junk_bp":0.5,
      },
      "hulls":{
         "mulligan":0,
         "hmi_charlie":0,
      },
   },
      "shipsWhenImporting":{
      "tags":["hmi_junk_bp"],
   },
   "knownShips":{
      "tags":["hmi_junk_bp"],
   },

"illegalCommodities":[
      "red_water",
      "mess_nano",
      "hmi_crystal",
   ],
},

so i would just have to either lower the spawn frequency  to 0 or delete the hmi_junk_bp tag to remove them right?

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2021, 05:08:11 PM »

That's the way to do it, yeah.

Although known ships are stored into the save file, so making them not know a ship will only apply on a new save. I think hull frequency works in existing saves.

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2021, 10:59:20 PM »

That's the way to do it, yeah.

Although known ships are stored into the save file, so making them not know a ship will only apply on a new save. I think hull frequency works in existing saves.

I've done these edit so I can confirm hull frequency works post-save. But yeah, listed blueprints for everyone are saved. It's likely how pirates steal from the black market.