Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: [0.8.1a] The Thule Legacy v0.1.9  (Read 31165 times)

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
[0.8.1a] The Thule Legacy v0.1.9
« on: October 20, 2017, 06:59:03 AM »

This mod is compatible with Nexerelin.
This mod requires LazyLib

This is an update and slight remake of the original Thule Legacy mod by Thule (http://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=3369.0), with permission from him to work on the mod.

Changelog for DEV Version 0.1.9:
Spoiler
**General**
+ Fixed an error in which firing thule_bulwark_srm_pod and thule_bulwark_srm crashes the game.
**Balance**
+ Most Thule ships should have shields now.
+ Monarch's OP is now 400 instead of 800.
+ All fighter's attackrunrange value is now 500.
[close]

Changelog for DEV Version 0.1.8:
Spoiler
+ Compatible with 0.8.1a and Nexerelin
+ Removed the thule medal - you can join factions in nexerelin now
+ The Heimdall system is the new home for the Thules
[close]

List of ships
Spoiler
[close]

Credits:
The dev team of starsector.
Thule, the original author of the mod.
joaonunes, the coder who does a great job at updating the mod and making it Nexerelin compatible.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:46:47 PM by lechibang »
Do it yourself, as people always say.

Absolutecero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Thule Legacy v0.1.8
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 07:08:05 PM »

I love that you revived this mod but I get crashes when I use certain weapons and I have notice the frigates burn speed is laughably slow clocking in at a whopping 6 burn. If you could look into fixing  these problems that would be nice.

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 11:17:11 PM »

I love that you revived this mod but I get crashes when I use certain weapons and I have notice the frigates burn speed is laughably slow clocking in at a whopping 6 burn. If you could look into fixing  these problems that would be nice.
Hey man, sorry for the late reply.
Here's how you fix the crash:
Inside the compressed file is the new sounds.json, paste it over the old one in Starsector\mods\Thule Legacy\data\config
Do the same for the .wpn file, but this time in this directory: Starsector\mods\Thule Legacy\data\weapons
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6aUvGTsYtXbX2FZcXJOWWh4RjQ

Bastion.Systems

• Captain
  • Special Circumstances LCU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 06:37:40 AM »

Have you included the aforementioned fix in the main mod download link in the top post?

Johnny Cocas

• Commander
  • Murder Wedges!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 02:44:46 AM »

Have you included the aforementioned fix in the main mod download link in the top post?

Don't think so, I might give him a hand with fixing and balancing the mod though

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 07:38:02 PM »

I gave this a whirl for old time's sake, and I gotta say that it's still pretty good. They're pretty balanced on the lower side of performance if only because they're so slow and have no shields. But the Viking II puts up a very good fight with its 3 fighter bays.

One thing I've noticed when playing with Exelerin is that some of the hulls are missing from the original starting market places in the Heindall system. Only the two viking frigates and the Monarch are showing up in the marketplaces. I've taken a look into the files but I have yet to find a reason why. The problem might be due to the limited number of market places perhaps, and capturing a new planet that has different variables than the ones in the home system might help.

Edit: Noticed some of the ships are not regenerating CR. Normally this wouldn't be a problem as the Thule ships don't lose CR when deployed, but when they take damage, or are refitted in the field, or anything else lowers the CR, there is no way to get it back as far as I'm able to discover.

In order to change it back, some values have to be entered into the "cr % daily" column in the ship_data.csv file.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:29:46 PM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

lechibang

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.8.1a] The Thule Legacy v0.1.9
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 09:48:59 PM »

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply. Version 0.1.9 is up and running. The crash problem should be fixed now.
Further balancing will come up in an update later, as I'm busy with work.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 03:06:15 AM by lechibang »

Flare

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 05:22:12 PM »

Hey guys,
Sorry for the late reply. Version 0.1.9 is up and running. The crash problem should be fixed now.
Further balancing will come up in an update later, as I'm busy with work.

Gave this a spin. From a brief look at the stats, it looks like you gave the ships some shields as well as the other changes?

Aside from that, I've never had the crash bug, although the same problems with only limited ships appearing in the market places still exist. Fighters are also really rare, but not nonexistent. Perhaps finding around one per several hours or so.

Edit: The Cr %/day column of the ship_data .csv file are set to 0. This causes the ships to never ever regain CR, even the repair option in friendly ports is missing.

Edit 2: Starting screen can crash if it randomly picks a thule viking_HC to spawn since the hull doesn't exist I think.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 03:49:56 AM by Flare »
Quote from: Thana
Quote from: Alex

The battle station is not completely operational, shall we say.

"Now witness the firepower of this thoroughly buggy and unoperational batt... Oh, hell, you know what? Just ignore the battle station, okay?"

gun&drink

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2018, 07:33:45 AM »

(Note: I didn't play the original so I don't really have a gasp about what the faction theme and strengths were in the past)
I have to make more testing before saying anything more substancial, but so far:
-the Herzog mobile fortress really, REALLY struggles to properly outfit itself. with so many weapon mounts and 440 OP it can bravely be fully equipped with the cheapest OP weapons I could find, let alone add some outfits and vents. Taking into account how slow it is and how the weapons of the faction itself don't seem to have range as their forte, I think you can add to it about 150OP without worries about it being overpowered
-Nexerelin fleets are composed in a disproportionate measure of Herzogs and Valhalls
-I can't seem to find the thule meteor warkead in markets, is it a build-in weapon or something of the sorts? it would explain that size
-probably should remove the ammo limiter in ballistic weapons

JensMackine

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2021, 07:42:12 PM »

Hey, sorry to disturb you, but the download link does not work anymore. I think, all I got was the ol' 404 of doom. Care to resend, partner?

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 07:45:01 PM »

Hey, sorry to disturb you, but the download link does not work anymore. I think, all I got was the ol' 404 of doom. Care to resend, partner?

hey uhhhh bud? this topic hasnt had a post in 3 years and its for a very old version of starsector.

its also against forum rules to necro posts like this :V
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 08:07:02 PM by connortron7 »