Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: 0.95 mechanic question  (Read 1972 times)

Steven Shi

• Commander
    • View Profile
0.95 mechanic question
« on: March 28, 2021, 07:36:38 PM »

Is there a in-game codex or a wiki somewhere that has an update on all the new/updated mechanics? I can figure out most by reading the descriptions but there doesn't seem to be any info regarding raiding (is ship boarding still a thing with marines?).

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
Re: 0.95 mechanic question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:39:22 PM »

Wiki won't be updated for a few weeks, and codex will be even longer.

For raiding, your best bet to understand it is the dev blog post here.

EDIT: One out-of-date thing I should mention about that post: now marine XP is kept within the fleet and can't be lost by selling or storing marines; i.e. selling/storing marines concentrates the XP in the ones remaining in your fleet.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 07:50:05 PM by Histidine »

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 07:54:27 PM »

EDIT: One out-of-date thing I should mention about that post: now marine XP is kept within the fleet and can't be lost by selling or storing marines; i.e. selling/storing marines concentrates the XP in the ones remaining in your fleet.
If you go to 0, the XP goes to 0. So always keep 1.

Midnight Kitsune

• Admiral
  • Your Friendly Forum Friend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 08:52:33 PM »

Does anyone know what exactly controls the "battle difficulty" bonus XP? My fleet hasn't changed ship wise but I've gone from getting almost constant bonus XP and maxing it out many a time to barely getting anything even in [REDACTED] Ordos fights...

Edit: Found out why: Recently picked up 2 level seven officers. And even though they were NOT assigned to ships, which adds DP to my side, they WERE reducing my bonus XP... >.<
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 10:13:26 PM by Midnight Kitsune »
Help out MesoTroniK, a modder in need

2021 is 2020 won
2022 is 2020 too

sector_terror

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 08:58:27 PM »

If you go to 0, the XP goes to 0. So always keep 1.

As far as I've experienced it's incremental. Adding in X% of new marines cuts the experience by some % in turn. It's miniscule once you hit like 200 marines though.