Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]

Author Topic: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1  (Read 432773 times)

Axisoflint

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.96a] ScalarTech Solutions 0.9.1
« Reply #375 on: March 17, 2024, 09:42:47 AM »

I realise you are not updated for 0.97, but a minor typo I only just noticed after using this mod for god knows how long, when you comm the head of research on Charkha (Silvys Renham) for the first time, you get a non-repeating message that has the line "The daughter etc" that includes the phrase "a feet made possible".

Should be "a feat made possible", not 'feet'.

Rogue_17

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 21, 2024, 01:56:33 PM »

Hey!

Sorry if this is redundant or you've been asked before but I'm a new player getting into Star Sector and every video always has your mod included and recommends it as a great faction edition! I was curious if there was a way to use this mod with .97 version of the game yet.

Thanks

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 21, 2024, 02:17:09 PM »

There is, yep. Go in the mod's folder, look for a file called "mod_info.json" and open it with something like Notepad ++. Then change the game version found in it with the current one.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 02:20:36 PM by A_Random_Dude »

J2Greene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 28, 2024, 07:16:04 PM »

Hello Mr Nia Tahl,

I'd like to offer a suggestion regarding the Scalartech colony on the gas giant Jacquard.

Feature request: if the Unknown Skies mod is activated, add the "Floating Continent" condition to Jacquard.

In vanilla there are no gas giant colonies. Scalartech's Jacquard is unique. Incidentally, in my playthroughs I have a house rule where I can only colonize those gas giants where Unknown Skies has rolled the Floating Continent perk (quite rare). At the start, I use a console command to "addcondition floatingcontinent" on Jacquard.

Jonass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 02, 2024, 04:38:50 AM »

Just did a play through with Scalartech. I terminated the Legio infernalis with them. Best Starsector experience i had to date.

I have a question that perhaps is not is exclusive to Scalartech. How do i ascertain the blueprints for the largest ships of the navy? I get the smaller ones at start. Is it only through loot that i may find them?
Once you have 100% status with the faction and a commission you should be able to buy them from the military, or through the higher ups of the chain of command?

SpaceDrake

• Admiral
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 02, 2024, 10:24:37 AM »

Just did a play through with Scalartech. I terminated the Legio infernalis with them. Best Starsector experience i had to date.

I have a question that perhaps is not is exclusive to Scalartech. How do i ascertain the blueprints for the largest ships of the navy? I get the smaller ones at start. Is it only through loot that i may find them?
Once you have 100% status with the faction and a commission you should be able to buy them from the military, or through the higher ups of the chain of command?

It varies by mod and by what the modder desires. Some factions will offer nearly their entire lineup for BP purchase if you get high enough with them (Kadur was famous for this); typically, however, you have to discover the blueprints yourself via salvage. In vanilla, the vast majority of ships in the game can be had in the Low, Midline and High-Tech BP packages, which aren't associated with a "faction" as such, with capitals and very high-end cruiser BPs salvageable as one-offs designs you can learn.

Nexerelin also has you start with a "basic" BP package when you begin with a faction (as determined by any given modder when they add Nex support).

Scalartech is set up in a fairly "vanilla" manner - you begin with the basic ship BP set, and you have to obtain other BPs via exploration gameplay.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 02, 2024, 12:53:03 PM »

Except the Gown, sadly.   :(

Phenir

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 02, 2024, 01:04:42 PM »

Raiding heavy industry can also get you any bp the faction knows, except the gown of course.

Jonass

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 03, 2024, 06:56:55 AM »

It varies by mod and by what the modder desires. Some factions will offer nearly their entire lineup for BP purchase if you get high enough with them (Kadur was famous for this); typically, however, you have to discover the blueprints yourself via salvage. In vanilla, the vast majority of ships in the game can be had in the Low, Midline and High-Tech BP packages, which aren't associated with a "faction" as such, with capitals and very high-end cruiser BPs salvageable as one-offs designs you can learn.

Nexerelin also has you start with a "basic" BP package when you begin with a faction (as determined by any given modder when they add Nex support).

Scalartech is set up in a fairly "vanilla" manner - you begin with the basic ship BP set, and you have to obtain other BPs via exploration gameplay.

Thank you, i suspected as much.

Raiding heavy industry can also get you any bp the faction knows, except the gown of course.

Yeah, i am the kind of guy who favors immersion so i do not wanna raid the faction i am in commission with. Thanks.

Matheld

• Lieutenant
  • Warm to the Touch
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 03, 2024, 07:36:58 AM »

Not quite a "solution" for this mod in particular. But Industrial Evolution has a building that lets you reverse engineer ships into a blueprint you can learn.

Shogouki

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 03, 2024, 12:58:40 PM »

Not quite a "solution" for this mod in particular. But Industrial Evolution has a building that lets you reverse engineer ships into a blueprint you can learn.

Unfortunately, by default anyway, the Gown cannot be reverse engineered.  Of course you CAN add the Gown manually to the whitelist for IndEvo however.

JamesTripleQ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 03, 2024, 02:06:25 PM »

Of course you CAN add the Gown manually to the whitelist for IndEvo however.

Way easier solution, and I'm guessing one most players use, Ind.Evo has a setting that just ignores certain whitelists.

Oddball250

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 04, 2024, 03:32:27 AM »

Very Very nice, what fleet did you use to do this? im planning on going Scalartech for my next playthrough and im currently planning a Sateen Focused fleet with Skirt support but have no idea if there are any better builds
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26]