Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Deliberate range exemptions  (Read 750 times)

Fellout

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Deliberate range exemptions
« on: January 14, 2021, 05:57:04 PM »

Recently started getting into modding and a concept of range exemptions came up recently due to an idea I mentioned that would likely break AI fights, is there a way to exempt weapons from being added to the range estimations?

Fleetlord Hale

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: Deliberate range exemptions
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 09:33:55 AM »

seconding this question and raising a few closely related ones.
Is there a way to mess with guns so enemy AI considers it shorter range than it actually is, or make a projectile go far past its stated max range?

bananana

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Deliberate range exemptions
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2021, 05:15:11 PM »

to clarify
the issue in question, also mentioned in 0.95 patch notes
Fixed issue causing ships with only missile weapons to close in to point-blank range regardless of weapon range
i.e. missile weapons not being considered by AI(both using and opposing it) when planning combat distance to keep from target
the goal is to make long range weapons for slots other than missiles, (since the issue seems to be tied to the slot type specifically), without making AI too terrified to do anything
Any and ALL sprites i ever posted on this forum are FREE to use. even if i'm using them myself. Don't ever, EVER ask for permission, or i will come to your home and EAT YOUR DOG!!!
i do NOT want to see my name appear in the credits section of any published mod and will consider it a personal insult.