Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Save issu  (Read 568 times)

FLUC3

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Save issu
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:11:16 PM »

Hi, i've been playing starsector since a while and i had the good idea to install a new mod, the problem is that my save doesn't appear in the "load save" menu but my save is still in the files, i unistall the game, the mod, but nothing change, i play so long time on my save please help me !

ps : sorry for my english and im not good for changing the files

Thanks.

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Save issu
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:01:08 PM »

Hi - sorry about the trouble! Hmm. What files are actually present in your save's folder?

There should be some .bak files that can be used to recover an older save in the event of savefile corruption:

campaign.xml
descriptor.xml
campaign.xml.bak
descriptor.xml.bak

What you'd want to do is move the .xml files somewhere else and then remove the .bak extension from the other files (they're your previous save). So you'd still lose some progress, but hopefully your previous save will load.

BUT - this is only the case if there's an issue with the current save. I can't imagine any scenario where 1) the save was working/loading fine, 2) and installing then uninstalling some mods made it not show up. That actually seems impossible, so I'd imagine something else is going on.