Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: BattleSize issue  (Read 1119 times)

Svenspeir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
BattleSize issue
« on: January 12, 2021, 01:03:22 AM »

Hi guys ! So i was wondering for a more epic experience because i reached the fleet size limits and couldnt deploy all of my favorites toys. So i ended up to the settings.json to modify things and i encountered a problem. When i changed the fps to 120 and the fleet size to 60 it worked but not the maxbattlesize, i put it to 1000. In game the slider dont move above the classic 500. I cant find a way to put my screens in the topic but i have some to illustrate my modification to the .json and the in game slider that dont want to move.
It will be lovely if someone could help me. Thank you for the reading this !

Svenspeir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: BattleSize issue
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:43:54 AM »

I find something, when i launch the game in vanilla the slider adjust to the settings.json and i can get the juicy battle size but when i launched it with mods i cant get above 500. So im gonna make a list of all the mods i use.

Appro-Light
Appro-Light Plus
Archean Order
Arsenal Expansion
Automatic Orders
Combat Chatter
Common Radar
Console Commands
Dassault-Mikoyan Engineering
Diable Avionics
ED Shipyards
Interesting Portraits Pack
Interstellar Imperium
LazyLib
Legacy of Arkgneisis
MagicLib
Mayasuran Navy
Neutrino Corporation
Nexerelin
Ruthless Sector
ScalarTech Solutions
Second Wave Options
Ship/Weapon Pack
Skilled up
SpeedUp
Starship Legends
Sylphon RnD
Tahlan Shipworks
Terraforming and Station Construction
Underworld
Unknown Skies
Vayra's Sector
ZZ GraphicsLib

That's all, if that can help you for helping me.

Svenspeir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 04:23:24 AM »

Alright after some research and loading one by one all the mods i find out that the Archean Order mod cause the limit to revert to 500, i search in the mod files and find a custom setting.json that override the classic one on certain part, here the battlesize. This explain why my modification to fps and fleetsize take effect but not the BattleSize.

So if someone have the same problem go to your mod folder, Archean Order and follow the same route as you search the setting.json in vanilla. You should find the custom one and make your modification.

Have a great day !

DeimosEvotec

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 06:33:44 AM »

Just leaving this quote from the archean order thread here:
Important:   However, "Archean Order" is a TOTAL CONVERSION and will NOT work with some mods due to its comprehensive editing of core files. Additionally, though faction mods are technically compatible, they are not balanced around Archean Order's combat balance and so use them at your own risk. Including mod factions might cause weird things to happen or imbalance Nex campaigns so results and experiences may vary. Feature mods and utility mods are generally ok and won't break the TC's balance.  If Archean Order is on the mod list and you are mod mixing and encounter a bug, please refrain from posting on any thread other than this one for bug reports. Even if the source is clearly another mod, the TC nature could be causing something unintended and you should not bother the mod author until I can verify I am not causing it. Thanks for reading this and have fun!

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2021, 10:24:29 PM »

Just came across this. I'm glad it is already solved.

Thanks DeimosEvotec for linking that info and that is correct the AO thread is the best place to post any issues. Really if you have the mod active at all it's a good idea to let me know first so I can diagnose whether I cause it or not. I have at least a general knowledge of what I override (details can be hazy until I actively look of course) and I can tell you if the fix can be performed on your end or if I can fix/accommodate the issue on my next release, etc.

I check the mod thread every day. I may not immediately respond because that takes a lot more time/thought than reading, but I will at least look at it and generally for bugs I make an effort to get to it asap if I can.

I check other places on the forum basically on a whim and not at all consistently so your best bet is to go to the thread itself for help. I do check the bug report (modded) threads in case the AO mod is present as well, but the mod thread or a PM is the best way to get my attention the fastest.

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2021, 12:03:47 AM »

For a more theatrical experience, make "maxNoObjectiveBattleSize" to like 20000 or something. This way you always have a small field and large fleets will start the battle just barely not in range and the fireworks will fly immedeatly.

Because the battlefield is small wrecks of dead ships will become cover and things will get much more interesting.