Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 10 Years of Starsector!  (Read 3832 times)

ToastOfWrath

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Years of Starsector!
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2021, 11:46:44 AM »

Congratulations on 10 years!

I've been lurking on this forum for a long time, so I figure this is a good occasion to finally make an account and jump in! I remember I randomly stumbled across Starsector's website a long time ago, while looking for some other game which I can't recall anything about that I'd seen on youtube. I clicked on the website and immediately fell in love with everything about Starsector, especially the art and the setting.

I think this was all in 2013, but I didn't have the means to buy the game at the time, so instead I religiously read the blog posts and watched the development of the game. I didn't actually play the game for another 2 years, and I've been playing it ever since.  Looking back now, Starsector has been the only game I've ever played that has stayed so consistently in my mind over such a long period of time; I've been following this game for over a third of my life! While I've lapsed in and out of actually playing Starsector, I've always loved being able to see the game getting better and better over time through the dev blogs.

Starsector and the incredible mods people have made for it have also given me an interest in digital art. I recently started messing around with designing spaceships because of Starsector, and I'd forgotten how much I enjoyed art and being creative. Maybe I'll even try my hand at making my first ever mod!

Sorry if I got a bit lost and rambly while writing this post, but I really want to convey how much this game means to me - Thank you so much to Alex and everyone at Fractal Softworks for making what will probably always be my favorite game, and again, congrats on 10 years! I can't wait to see where you guys take the game next! A huge shoutout to the amazing community for Starsector as well!  ;D

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: 10 Years of Starsector!
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2021, 07:01:24 PM »

Just wanted to say thank you to everybody that took the time to say nice things here :) And to welcome a couple of new folks to the forum!
Pages: 1 [2]