Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Author Topic: [0.97a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.6.3  (Read 399140 times)

Kwbr

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.0.0
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2021, 04:07:59 AM »

dunno if this is a known bug or anything, but uh -
Spoiler
[close]

Yubbin

• Lieutenant
  • i just play mods
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2021, 06:13:19 AM »

If you mean the station flying really fast, I'm not sure if you can tell what pushed it in the first place. It might have been something else.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2021, 07:03:14 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
Is that recurring events?
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

fotosina

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2021, 07:57:53 AM »

Can build Advanced GMO Food Production on planets without farmland (0 output)

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2021, 05:18:26 PM »

The flying wing-like designs for some of the ships look seriously great.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

Atmos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2021, 07:28:15 PM »

Fantastic mod. The big destroyer ship is really good but will sometimes destroy itself against bases after teleporting though. This mod brought me to endgame and I am happy with it :)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2021, 03:46:01 AM »

Spoiler
[close]
A capital ship from your fleet must've rammed the station with its ship system
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Astarat

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Volkov Industrial Conglomerate 1.1.0
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2021, 07:36:57 AM »

First big patch for the mod. Lots of fixes, balance changes, a new large energy weapon, graphical adjustments to ships, and many other small things. SAVE COMPATIBLE (aside from 2 planets description, Mithos and Bernadian, which will be updated only in new saves).

FULL CHANGELOG
Hullmods:
VIC "Fervor" Protocols
-Now installable on all ships, not only VIC ones
-Now gives 15% weapon range penalty
-Now if installed with other VIC-brand hullmods or on non-VIC ships, received damage penalty is doubled from 25% to 50%

VIC Brand Shield Emitter
-Now if installed with other VIC-brand hullmods or on non-VIC ships, decreases maximum speed by 25%

VIC Integrated Assault Systems
-Now does not provide weapon range bonus. Instead provides 5/10/20/30% reduction in weapon flux costs.
-Speed bonus changed to 10/10/20/20
-Adds 33% more projectile velocity
-Now if installed with other VIC-brand hullmods or on non-VIC ships, reduces peak performance time by 33%

VIC "Shturm" Overhaul:
-renamed to "Shturm Overhaul"
-Increased OP cost from 5/10/15/25 to 8/16/24/40

Loader Overdrive
-flux cost reduction removed (actually increased weapons' flux cost due to a bug, so that's actually a buff!)
-range reduction reduced from 15% to 10%

PD Arc Emitter:
-Damage per arc reduced from 150 to 50
-Flux per arc reduced from 150 to 25
-CD per charge reduced from 10/7/5/4 to 3/1.5/1/0.6
-Max charges increased from 2/3/4/6 to 6/9/12/21
-Range increased from 200/250/300/350 to 250/300/350/550
-Now properly scales with ship's stats, counts as energy weapon

Weapons:
New weapon - Vodyanoy Plasma Minigun! Rip'n'tear until it is done!
-Large energy fast-firing suppression weapon
-The longer you shoot, the better it is against armour

Capacitons Discharger:
-Range for secondary arcs increased from "range * 0.15 + 200" to "range * 0.25 + 300",  approximately 50% increase in range
-EMP on secondary arcs increased form 15% to 50%
-EMP increased from 50 to 80

Heavy Laidlaw Accelerator:
-Flux cost reduced from 750 to 650

Psotnik Interference Autocannon:
-EMP on arc increased from 50 to 60

Tugarin Stellar Catapult:
-Range increased from 900 to 950
-Projectile speed increased from 300 to 350

Verlioka:
-Now slow missiles to min of 50% max speed, multiple effects don't stack
-Damage reduced from 150 to 100
-Flux cost increased from 150 to 250

Nawia:
-Refire delay reduced from 1.74 to 1.5
-On hit pellets damage reduced from 60 to 50
-Flux efficiency reduced from 0.88 to 1.1
-Now pellets more likely to hit target

Gagana:
-Range reduced from 900 to 800

Strigoy:
-Now fires 2 shells at a time
-Damage reduced from 100 to 50
-Flux cost reduced from 40 to 25
-Refire delay reduced from 2.7 to 0.5
-Burst removed
-Projectile speed reduced from 650 to 600

Laidlaw Mass Driver:
-OP cost reduced form 8 to 7

Rarog Atomic Emitter:
-Range increased from 350 to 450

Fighters:
Shabriri:
-Shield reduced from 500 to 250
-Top speed reduced from 450 to 400
-OP cost increased from 3 to 4

Sonneilon:
-Damage increased from 100 to 125
-Shields reduced from 750 to 400

Uvall:
-Shield reduced from 750 to 500
-Armor increased from 50 to 75
-Hull increased from 200 to 350

Asmoday:
-Shield reduced from 1500 to 1000
-Armor increased from 100 to 125
-Hull increased from 500 to 650
-Description tweaked a bit

Ships:
VIC-X14 Nybbas:
-PPT reduced from 300 to 200
-Now system have 2 seconds CD
-DP increased from 12 to 14

VIC-A01 Xaphan:
-Shield effectiveness reduced from 0.7 to 0.8

VIC-C96 Jezebeth:
-Flux dissipation from 500 to 400

VIC-B49 Samael:
-In-build drone wing removed
-Top speed reduced from 60 to 50
-Flux dissipation reduced from 500 to 400
-Flux capacity increased from 5500 to 6000
-DP increased from 9 to 12
-OP reduced from 105 to 100

VIC-A33 Moloch:
-Medium missiles changed to small missiles
-Medium turrets arcs has been reduced
-OP reduced from 110 to 95

VIC-B62 Thamuz:
-Top speed reduced from 30 to 25
-DP cost increased  from 25 to 27
-Slight changes to arcs of some small mounts

VIC-A58 Valafar:

VIC-A71 Apollyon:
-DP cost reduced from 65 to 60
-Now is in the rare_bp category

Ship systems:
Omni-lunge:
-Now has 3 charges
-CD per charge - 10 seconds
-System total CD reduced from 5.25 to 1.6

Adaptive Assault:
-Now gives from 25% to 75% more energy and ballistic weapons damage
-Now have reverse loadout effect, ballistic weapons increase effect for energy and energy weapons increase for ballistic
-Now missiles reduce both effects

Other stuff:
-Fixed Virus Bombardment bug which prevented saving the game
-Graphical adjustments to all ships' sprites
-More portraits!!
-Even more edgy ship names!!
-Plot around Apotheosis thickens
-Various description fixes (Bernadian and Mithos planets in Ittir system being the main offenders)
-More memes in the meme folder (yes, it is important)
-All memes got ziped to not make VIC 120 MB Vram in eyes of VRAM-Counter
-Apollyon BP removed from "VIC High Grade Hulls Blueprint Package"
-Reduced amount of asteroids in Empyrean and Ittir which should reduce lag in system
-Cleaned some gunk and reduced VRAM requirement
[close]

Frosterus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2021, 07:46:49 AM »

"-All memes got ziped to not make VIC 120 MB Vram in eyes of VRAM-Counter"
"-Cleaned some gunk and reduced VRAM requirement"
Ahahahah thank you, as someone with an older video card, I appreciate it

PureTilt

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2021, 01:02:05 PM »

VIC 1.1.0a Hotfix
-Fixed CTD when trying to learn VIC "Fervor" Protocols hullmod
https://github.com/AstaratStarsector/Starsector_VIC/releases/download/1.1.0a/VIC.zip

Agalyon

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2021, 06:19:24 PM »

So just some quick-ish feedback, I haven't played with VIC stuff extensively yet but I've noticed a few things I think are worth commenting on, especially now that we have a first balance pass out (great job btw, everything is very high quality all around.)

First, the Shturm Overhaul still costs what it used to (5,10,15,25) not the new values in the patch notes. Not sure which is intended, but there you go.

Leading from that, I'm not sure some of the hullmod changes are justified. The new cost of Shturm Overhaul (which I just realized is conveniently also abbreviated SO, nice,) the totally removed range from IAS, and the additional downsides in general. I really like the idea of the additional downsides, but their cost seems a bit extreme to me with the exception of IAS, enough that I'm not sure I'd really ever consider using them on non VIC ships (or stacking them.) Range is already essentially cut with IAS precluding range mods, and since the shield emitter is more of a side grade to hardened shields, losing 25% speed is pretty brutal. The Fervor Protocols I'm not sure what to make of due to its extremely polarizing effects, so I'll leave that alone. 

While VIC Brand Shields pack many effects into a reasonably priced mod, it would take much more to be willing to trade 25% of your speed away for it, as that is going to make you weaker both offensively and defensively, which doesn't help its case as defensive mod. IAS is also hard to examine because of its strong positive effects, but while its secondary downside is comparatively small (and much more fair I think, due to its functional similarity to vanilla SO,) its hard to say if having no range at all is good enough, especially if you're balancing with only VIC weapons which tend to lack range in the first place. This is just my 2 cents, you should probably wait and see what other people think. While I'm sure there are some cases where its very powerful, I find myself not typically inclined to use it unless I want its juicy 20 speed on very slow ships and am willing to pay any price. The huge flux discount and projectile speed seem somewhat misplaced to me, and even using a very close in gameplay style, I rarely want to use this mod on cruisers and capitals despite the attractive 20 speed.

Lastly, Shturm Overhaul seems like a costly side grade to me, rather than a straight boost. While that is probably intended, I think the old OP costs are probably best for this. I tested this mod the most, and at least in my case ships often performed roughly equally with and without it, and skipping it usually had much more stable results. I was originally going to say I think it would be okay at the new costs with a slight speed boost, but that sort of steps on the toes of IAS which it already pairs nearly perfectly with, as they both cover eachothers weaknesses, providing range and speed respectively. This also likely has some kind of overpowered interaction out there I missed, but I would be much less afraid to buff this one as you have extremely specific control over the ships its applied to, so fringe cases are minimized.

[EDIT] I wasn't sure how stacking the secondary debuffs worked when I made this, but seeing that they combine and you get debuffs is pretty gnarly, I cant think of a time where it would be worth it. Maybe only have the debuff of the second mod you add or something? I dont know.

One final note, the Thamuz seems a bit broken in a bad way now. Its abysmal max speed means it all but requires IAS which feels a bit strange considering the total lack of range at that point. While the other adaptive assault ships also have this problem, their smaller size and thus more normalized range hurts much less than on a cruiser, but still seem to all really want IAS. While you could certainly skip it for range, it feels like a sitting duck at that point. Combined with the adaptive assault counting PD weapons (I think the new AA is great btw) eating into your OP, being extremely vulnerable to flanking, etc it doesn't feel very good. I'm not sure what I personally would do to change this so I dont feel good commenting on it, but it feels like being forced to choose between dreadnaught speed or pitiful range.

All and all, VIC is great though. It has a really unique style and I can feel their vibe in all their ships and weapons. Its really an instant classic, and you've done an amazing job.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 03:29:07 PM by Agalyon »

FranzDenKaiser

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2021, 08:33:18 AM »

So I don't think this bug has been reported yet, but whenever I have my mouse over the "Fervor" hullmod (the one labeled deathProtocol in the files), the game instantly crashes with a "Fatal Null" error. I've tried to remove the hullmod outright, but that also crashes the game.

stormbringer951

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2021, 09:36:09 AM »

So I don't think this bug has been reported yet, but whenever I have my mouse over the "Fervor" hullmod (the one labeled deathProtocol in the files), the game instantly crashes with a "Fatal Null" error. I've tried to remove the hullmod outright, but that also crashes the game.

That bug is fixed in this patch, posted above:

VIC 1.1.0a Hotfix
-Fixed CTD when trying to learn VIC "Fervor" Protocols hullmod
https://github.com/AstaratStarsector/Starsector_VIC/releases/download/1.1.0a/VIC.zip
Weapons Group Controls mod - deselect all weapon groups, hold-down hold-fire mode, toggle alternating/linked fire
Captain's Log - throw away your notepad: custom notes, ruins and salvageable reminders
Old Hyperion - for your dose of nostalgia
Adjustable Skill Thresholds - set fleet DP and fighter bay thresholds

CyberSultanVader

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2021, 03:15:33 PM »

HAYS guys heres my review of VIC frigates after playing with them for a while: the Xaphan and the Pruflas are pure unadulterated badasses which more than hold their own in battle as smaller frigates if they are outfitted correctly. If nothing else their decent turn of speed and mobility at least  let them do screening, diversion and chasing duties well. According to my Combat Analytics they consistently also do a decent amount of damage (again with proper loadouts for the job). The only problem I had with them is that their names (no offense to the mod creator) sound absolutely WACK compared to how badass they really are. A cooler or more aggressive naming scheme for them would be nice.
And NOW for the saddest of sad bois: the Kobal is one of the worst frigate class ships I have ever encountered in the modiverse, almost as bad as some of the LOA frigates. I understand its meant more to hold gaps in a line than do mobility stuff like the other frigates but in all cases for me it just miserably failed. No matter how I outfit them my Kobals die consistently (unless I put cautious/timid officers on them) and perform atrociously in combat. They cant seem to hold down any role well and woe to any miserable Kobal captain who gets isolated from the rest of the fleet in that rustbucket. Their armor is poor compensation for the fact that they are so slow.
Well thats it for now, I will play more and may give more reviews for the other ships later, keep in mind my review only reflects my own personal game experience so no hard feelings plz! I normally dont comment on the forum at all but I liked the faction mod so much I just had to leave a comment here. They are so cool and sleek and each ships looks like it could be the sprite of a special boss ship from another mod. Great stuff overall!

Rody_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2021, 02:32:25 PM »

Hi Astarat! I'm a player from the Chinese Starsector Community. I've recently played VIC (which is very well made!) and I would like to kindly ask you for permission to translate it into Chinese and post it on the Starsector Chinese Forum (link: https://www.fossic.org/), so that Chinese players who are having difficulties due to language barrier will be able to play VIC as well. I have quickly peeked into the files and I believe the process of translation should not take very long, but as a first-timer, I cannot give an exact date just yet. Of course, once it is done, you will be credited and there will be a link to your original mod page, etc. It's no big deal if you refuse - I understand that the author has the final say to their mod. Looking forward to your reply!
We reach into the void. The vast expanse becomes us.