Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: My pet project atm.  (Read 5789 times)

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
My pet project atm.
« on: March 31, 2012, 08:54:48 AM »

Ok, did I final change of shape.. decided to go with the hangars instead of weapon large mounts, will add 3/per side medium missile mounts on the part which is just sketched atm. and that will be it for weapon placement, will start doing the inner part of the ship.

----------------

Guys guys calm down, I know its stupidly flat, plain - I said I would work on that eventually, I dont like the look of it myself, so I want to fill it with detail. Actually wanted to ask for suggestions on what to put in that place, as I now redid the layout and changed the ships proportions-layout basicly, once Im satisfied with it, ill move on to doing finer details, which I dont wanna be redoing.

Heres the current look.
-I redid the Front nose, made it a bit longer, because I didnt like how it looked, seemed in game -  was rounded, now its more pointy.
- Moved the landing bay to the nose, still not decided if ill leave those big hangars, maybe in the end it will not be mirrored, but have one side with weapons - other hangar. or will end up mixing it.
- Yep, those large mounts cannot be really "aimed" with this thing   but I figured a large rocket slot would be kinda cool (barrages etc.)..
- Will still add couple small/med mounts in the plain section, posibly some universal, or rocket mounts..
- And yeah.. I just look at keptins Earth cracker... I will probably add a custom weapon too  :D probably will frankenstein something form the vanilla game together.. some mix of stronger Lance with less distance and higher charge up.. putting it at the Front large mount.. so that positioning the weapon would give it some balance.. although anyone could move it to a turret mount..hmm cana weapon  be restricted to certain slot ?  ???

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5951/beznzvucb.jpg

---------------------------------
Called it Omega class, for Tri-Tachyon.

So far did some obvious franken-spriting and some of my own work to put it together, still got lots of work ahead.
Tested it, proved that one huge ship is worse than five smaller. But otherwise it does what its meant to do..
Will remove at least 12 turrets, cause some of them are kinda pointless anyways and reorganize it a bit before I go on and do more texture work.
Why do this? Because we CAN  :D

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541797441566487966/9ACB90D030EB71B588331DFE94A0CA5AFBC489AB/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541797441566493645/E81DC19D652C16965594C72ACD42850898CD63C7/
http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/541797441566470292/DF28269AE769D2DA781AF44C41AF16F6B9ABFB8E/
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:50:05 AM by MrDavidoff »

jet36

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: My pet project atm.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2012, 09:03:32 AM »

Mother of god. It's... it's AMAZING!

Rhyden

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2012, 09:22:49 AM »

Yeah, I like the model, and it will look god tier when you texture it.

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 10:29:19 AM »

Aw, I was hoping for something amazing.

It's just a souped up paragon.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 12:20:05 PM »

Dern, just lost all interest in this.  ::)

Note to self : wait for Vandala to post his work  ;D

medikohl

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 11:46:02 PM »

the sprite looks too flat to me
"Captain! You can't call our greatest dreadnought 'The Parrot'"
"Watch me"
Spiral Arms: Ship Sprites for Everyone

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2012, 03:45:25 AM »

the sprite looks too flat to me

yep, like i said still got lot of work to do, I will post it again, when I progress more and I hope Ill get some feedback on how to improve it, note Im basicly re-learning PS again, so I wont get it right the first time.. maybe 11th.

VikingHaag

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 11:32:09 AM »

Make the ship less flat, fill the inner circle with something (A massive command bridge? This will be the flagship of any fleet having one)
Also, remove hardpoint large mounts, on something this size turning to aim is not an option.

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 04:11:13 PM »

Guys guys calm down, I know its stupidly flat, plain - I said I would work on that eventually, I dont like the look of it myself, so I want to fill it with detail. Actually wanted to ask for suggestions on what to put in that place, as I now redid the layout and changed the ships proportions-layout basicly, once Im satisfied with it, ill move on to doing finer details, which I dont wanna be redoing.

Heres the current look.
-I redid the Front nose, made it a bit longer, because I didnt like how it looked, seemed in game -  was rounded, now its more pointy.
- Moved the landing bay to the nose, still not decided if ill leave those big hangars, maybe in the end it will not be mirrored, but have one side with weapons - other hangar. or will end up mixing it.
- Yep, those large mounts cannot be really "aimed" with this thing   but I figured a large rocket slot would be kinda cool (barrages etc.)..
- Will still add couple small/med mounts in the plain section, posibly some universal, or rocket mounts..
- And yeah.. I just look at keptins Earth cracker... I will probably add a custom weapon too   probably will frankenstein something form the vanilla game together.. some mix of stronger Lance with less distance and higher charge up.. putting it at the Front large mount.. so that positioning the weapon would give it some balance.. although anyone could move it to a turret mount..hmm cana weapon  be restricted to certain slot ?   

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5951/beznzvucb.jpg
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 08:12:52 AM by MrDavidoff »

MrDavidoff

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 08:13:06 AM »

Ok, did I final change of shape.. decided to go with the hangars instead of weapon large mounts, will add 3/per side medium missile mounts on the part which is just sketched atm. and that will be it for weapon placement, will start doing the inner part of the ship.