Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: questions on modding spawned fleets  (Read 2472 times)

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
questions on modding spawned fleets
« on: April 02, 2012, 03:27:18 PM »

for the hegemony / tri-tach / pirates / independents / mercenaries, is there anyway to alter their composition? pirates and indies/mercs tend to not stand and fight after im a little past 140 FP, leaving me to fight the hegemony / tri-tach, which is boring after awhile. also how to add a little more protection to their convoys(and how do you change the amount of ships they deliver)?

max fleet size outside of battle and starting points in battle, anyway to change that?

Apophis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: questions on modding spawned fleets
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 04:02:15 PM »

to change fleet points in battle: Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\config\setting.json
to change fleet spawn \Starfarer\starfarer-core\data\world\factions

Catra

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »

the numbers next to the ship name for fleet comp is min/max? or is it like this or that(so instead of 0 - 4 its 0 or 4)?

Archduke Astro

• Captain
  • 99 AU from anywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 11:28:52 PM »

the numbers next to the ship name for fleet comp is min/max? or is it like this or that(so instead of 0 - 4 its 0 or 4)?
Minimax is correct. Computer will randomly select a value between those two. If you want a certain type of ship / variant / fighter wing to always appear in that opposing force, the first number for that unit must be at least 1. There's a ton of potential here for fine-tuning enemy fleets; I do it frequently in order to keep battles challenging for me in the endgame.
We thought our last moment had come
when we got a message up the voice pipe
saying that 'A' Turret magazine was on fire.....