Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95a is out! (03/26/21)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Author Topic: [0.95a] High Tech Expansion v1.4.1  (Read 54780 times)

Alex

• Administrator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.2.4
« Reply #90 on: February 27, 2021, 08:39:16 PM »

@wad78: It's extremely bad form to post a modification to someone's mod without the mod author's permission. I've removed the link from your post; consider this an official warning.

Edit: actually, let me just remove the post entirely so it doesn't clutter up the thread.

wad78

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: February 27, 2021, 08:41:21 PM »

Oh okay no problem, the mod exists now anyway and those who want it know where to find it :)

Twilight Sentinel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:31 PM »

I've played around a fair bit now with the system swapped Moray and Persephone.  I've seen that the Moray does consistently outperform the Persephone in terms of damage and survivability, especially in the AI's hands.  The only real exception is safety overrides in the players hands, where the Persephone's ability to bring 3.5 pulse lasers to bare on a target at once is much stronger.  I feel like the Moray is in need of some nerfs.  My first instinct would be be to its ordinance points or defensiveness.  Currently it can easily afford to pack a converted hanger and some wasps, while leaving the back turret empty, to cover its lack of PD.

My other main thought is that I think there's too many cruisers in the high tech blueprint package right now.  They cover pretty much everything you might need for cruiser warships, limiting fleet variety from game to game and the excitement from finding a new cruiser blueprint.  Maybe cut it to 2-3 new cruisers in the package and have the rest as rare singleton blueprints?

theDragn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2021, 03:40:23 PM »

I've played around a fair bit now with the system swapped Moray and Persephone.  I've seen that the Moray does consistently outperform the Persephone in terms of damage and survivability, especially in the AI's hands.  The only real exception is safety overrides in the players hands, where the Persephone's ability to bring 3.5 pulse lasers to bare on a target at once is much stronger.  I feel like the Moray is in need of some nerfs.  My first instinct would be be to its ordinance points or defensiveness.  Currently it can easily afford to pack a converted hanger and some wasps, while leaving the back turret empty, to cover its lack of PD.

My other main thought is that I think there's too many cruisers in the high tech blueprint package right now.  They cover pretty much everything you might need for cruiser warships, limiting fleet variety from game to game and the excitement from finding a new cruiser blueprint.  Maybe cut it to 2-3 new cruisers in the package and have the rest as rare singleton blueprints?

The AI isn't fantastic at abusing Fast Missile Racks, but it is very good at using Phase Skimmer, so that's not very surprising. The Moray is also intended to be slightly better than the Persephone, since it has worse CR stats and a higher supply cost. In terms of possible nerfs- it's actually got pretty bad OP for a destroyer, with only 79. Nearly every vanilla combat destroyer has at least 95 OP, for comparison. It's also not absurdly tanky for its class either; the Medusa has the same shield eff and ~10% more flux capacity. Perhaps I could cut a bit of dissipation? I'll think on it.

On blueprint availability- I was gonna type some stuff about how most cruisers are actually in the blueprint packs, but I just looked at the files for vanilla and it turns out that there's way more rare cruiser blueprints than I thought- I thought only the Aurora and the Doom were rare, and that's not the case. That's a bit of a screwup on my part. I'll move the Bombardier and Flamingo into the rare pool, so the hightech pack will give you the Aphelion, Peregrine, and Gila (and the Apogee).

Twilight Sentinel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2021, 02:32:30 PM »

On blueprint availability- I was gonna type some stuff about how most cruisers are actually in the blueprint packs, but I just looked at the files for vanilla and it turns out that there's way more rare cruiser blueprints than I thought- I thought only the Aurora and the Doom were rare, and that's not the case. That's a bit of a screwup on my part. I'll move the Bombardier and Flamingo into the rare pool, so the hightech pack will give you the Aphelion, Peregrine, and Gila (and the Apogee).
That sounds reasonable.  The Aphelion and Gila work as fleet anchors, similar to the Apogee, Dominator, and Venture.  The Peregrine looks to be a light cruiser that can fit the same role as the Falcon.  The Bombardier has a clear rare blueprint comparison in the Gryphon, while the Flamingo can be compared to the Aurora and Eagle.

Twilight Sentinel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 05, 2021, 03:09:28 PM »

What about a destroyer sized phase ship for the high tech blueprint package?  Something fairly basic, that wouldn't take away from any of the rare phase ship blueprint packages but gives an alternative to the gremlin if you want to make use of phase ships early on in a campaign.  A sort of 'entry' level model that's not as expensive as the Harbinger and doesn't have a really fancy ship system, but can be used as a decent harassment or strike ship when the enemy is distracted or as a frontliner for a stealth fleet.

Darkspire91

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 09, 2021, 10:17:06 AM »

Incompatible with:
Spoiler
  • Aria the Escalation
  • New Galactic Order
[close]

That's a shame. The Ashen Keepers Spire looks cool though.

BigBeans

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 09, 2021, 01:01:34 PM »

Cruiser Medusa when

theDragn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 09, 2021, 06:07:28 PM »

Cruiser Medusa when

Frankly, never. It's just a little bit too cursed. (Fun fact, the old dev version of HTE had cruiser Tempest, and yes, it was also cursed.) Upsized versions of vanilla sprites feel too memey for me to want to include. Hightechslaught is sketchy enough as is, no need for more.

Next patch is in the works, but I'm gonna hold off on releasing an update until 0.95, since it's coming soon™. I should hopefully be able to have an immediate patch out within a few hours of the 0.95 release- the old version will be incompatible, I think, since there are some internal API changes. Only one of those changes effects my code, though, so it shouldn't take long to update things.

BigBeans

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 09, 2021, 07:40:19 PM »

Cruiser Medusa when

Frankly, never. It's just a little bit too cursed. (Fun fact, the old dev version of HTE had cruiser Tempest, and yes, it was also cursed.) Upsized versions of vanilla sprites feel too memey for me to want to include. Hightechslaught is sketchy enough as is, no need for more.

Next patch is in the works, but I'm gonna hold off on releasing an update until 0.95, since it's coming soon™. I should hopefully be able to have an immediate patch out within a few hours of the 0.95 release- the old version will be incompatible, I think, since there are some internal API changes. Only one of those changes effects my code, though, so it shouldn't take long to update things.

Embrace the Cursed. Don't fear it.

ModdedLaharl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #100 on: March 21, 2021, 01:09:35 PM »

The Gloom seems to crash when mousing over the Compressed Drive Field hullmod.

theDragn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.3.0
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2021, 05:39:43 PM »

Updated to 1.3.0. I was originally going to hold off on updating until after 0.95 but I figured fixing a crash was important.

Changelog:
Not save compatible. This was originally going to be delayed until after 0.95 came out. And yet, here we are.

New:
- Equality-class adaptive battleship: Triple large energy broadsides and an system that toggles betweeen Supercruise, Siege, and Bastion modes, each of which provides a buff/debuff combo.

And an even scarier HVB boss:
Spoiler
[close]

Removed:
- Inequality-class battlecruiser. I really wasn't satisfied with the sprite or the way the AI handled the turret layout, so it's been taken out back and shot sent away to live on a farm, where it will be much happier. It'll probably return eventually in a modified form. The HVB that had the Inequality (CO) now has a Equality (CO) instead.

Bugfixes:
- Fixed a bug where mousing over the Gloom's unique hullmod in the mission fleet refit screen would crash the game.

Changes:
- Blueprint packages: The Bombardier and Flamingo are no longer in the hightech package, and are now rare drops. Increased rarity of IV and XIV packages.
- Variants: Added a few pirate and Remnant variants that use Kneecapper MRRs and Toroidal Plasma Railguns.
- Small sprite improvements for most reskins.
- Spire: Advanced Fighter Bays now blocks bombers entirely. It'll have its stat bonuses improved slightly post-0.95 to compensate for the upcoming Reserve Deployment nerf.
- Twin Toroidal Plasma Railgun: Fire rate reduced to match medium (2.45->2.75) and flux cost decreased (600/shot -> 560/shot).
- Arc Emitter (medium): Damage increased (100->115).
- Heavy Arc Emitter (large): Damage increased (100->115), EMP damage increased (50->75), flux cost decreased (270->200), fire rate increased (0.55->0.33), and base chain chance increased (10%->15%). Should now be as effective as its flux cost implies.
- Added Kneecappers to Vesperon whitelist. I forget to do this every time I add something.
- Some internal code changes (some things are in Kotlin now! neat!)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2021, 05:43:35 PM by theDragn »

theDragn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.3.0b
« Reply #102 on: March 24, 2021, 11:06:07 PM »

Patched to 1.3.0a. Pre-tournament patch. Adjusted the Equality's broadside arcs forwards a bit, which resolved a particularly odd issue with autofit and improved the AI's usage of broadside weapons. It might get another pass, but it's working okay for now, I think. Also reduced Tawa submunition damage (500->325), as they were quite dominant in testing fleets.
Also patched to 1.3.0b, because I left WhichMod tags in the release version by accident. Not really a big deal, but they shouldn't have been in there.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2021, 10:10:13 AM by theDragn »

Dazs

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] High Tech Expansion v1.3.0b
« Reply #103 on: March 26, 2021, 10:19:09 PM »

Using the Discord only HTE_1.3.1a.zip I received a crash during combat using a medium arc emitter.

4093006 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com.fs.starfarer.api.combat.CombatEngineAPI.spawnEmpArc(Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/ShipAPI;Lorg/lwjgl/util/vector/Vector2f;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/DamageType;FFFLjava/lang/String;FLjava/awt/Color;Ljava/awt/Color;)Lcom/fs/starfarer/api/combat/CombatEntityAPI;
   at data.weapons.drgArcEmitterMediumWeapon.advance(drgArcEmitterMediumWeapon.java:134)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.ship.A.O0oOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.void.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.systems.void.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.entities.Ship.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

theDragn

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] High Tech Expansion v1.3.2
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2021, 12:41:41 PM »

Well, good news, I was able to get this working within a few hours of 0.95 release. Also fixed some bugs. (Including the one seen above this post.) Saved the forum release until there was an updated MagicLib, though, since I added some fancy projectile trails for Kneecappers and Tawas.

Fully compatible with Starsector 0.95a-RC9.

It'll probably need another balance pass once the 0.95 meta has fleshed out a bit, so let me know if you have any opinions on balance as you play.

1.3.2: Updating at Extremely Hihg Sped
Changes:
- Equality: System now makes a sound when you switch modes.
- Flamingo: Flux capacity reduced (14000->12500), system flux generation greatly reduced.
- Khanjali Strike Fighter: Main weapon damage reduced (350->250), and is no longer mag-fed. Fire rate increased, so sustained DPS is still the same.
- Kneecapper MRRs: Ammo capacity reduced (5/10->3/6) and reload time reduced (35->25). Firing delay reduced (10s->3s). Bomblet spread is now more random, but it will still cover the same arc as before. Now has some fancy graphical effects.
- Toroidal Plasma Railguns: EMP damage increased (125->150), and added some graphical effects for impacts. Bonus damage now applies to the base projectile, instead of as a second hit. This should significantly improve anti-armor performance.
- Tawa Standoff Torpedoes: Submunition damage reduced (500->325). Submunitions and torpedoes now fade more quickly after reaching maximum range. Added some trail effects for submunitions.
    - Tawa Standoff Torpedo Barrage (large launcher): Firing delay reduced (12s->10s) and launch velocity increased significantly.
- Arc Emitters and Plasma Lens Projector: Vastly improved script performance. (Friendship ended with EveryFrameWeaponEffectPlugin, OnHitEffectPlugin is my new best friend.)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 12:46:13 PM by theDragn »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10