Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: starting settings  (Read 879 times)

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
starting settings
« on: November 28, 2020, 07:43:19 PM »

so was doing a nex campaign (hope its okay to post here, the main thread seemed inappropriate) and hegemony expanded so quickly that by the time i was finally getting some real industries going and my first system secured they had taken over half the galaxy and the faction i was aligned with made an alliance with hegemony and then bam diplomatic victory.

now heg has taken over so much so quickly that i think it might not be a bad place to start over even tho im just now on my feet, but what do you find is the best starting settings? i can throw on weights, and randomize the map but then it seems like it REALLY randomize faction starting locations and im worried that some of the factions will just end up getting crushed.

what do you feel is the best way?

Linnis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: starting settings
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 10:24:22 PM »

Max everything, pure C H A O S.

Daynen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 08:41:22 AM »

sounds like an unlucky roll; maybe try taking a few more bounties against he heggies?  Or a disruption/conquest mission from time to time?  It does mean *** them off and getting more fleets chasing you but it's probably more fun.

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2020, 10:15:04 AM »

trying out a random map with disable weights and that seems more evenly balanced among most of the factions (altho sindrian still only has 3 planets for instance) but they are spread out just as much or more still.  heck folks like tritac are surrounded by enemies right off the start of the game in all their systems and those systems are spread all over half the core worlds.

and this was the best one ive found out of a half a dozen new starts....

Warlord-616x

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2020, 12:33:38 PM »

and god i forgot just how bad the start of this game is.  *punches self in face*
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:39:51 PM by Warlord-616x »