Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: The Scourge v.4  (Read 109932 times)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The Scourge
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

alright, here it is, but this is the last time I'm doing one of your easy mission  ;) 100%

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

Question:
Will the little swarmers at some point be made to act similar to actual fighters or will they forever be reskinned missiles?

No idea whether or not that is possible or if you even tried, but it'd make them a lot more interesting if they tried to shoot things first instead of outright suiciding into them.
Because if their entire purpose is to be kamikaze attackers, it'd make way more sense to change their sprite to simple spores or such - why would the scourge create complex swarmers in the shape of small ships if all they do is ram into enemies and explode? A swarm of biological lifeforms would surely pick a way simpler design for such a task.

That enforcer looks interesting.
It should probably get the red-ish color of the other scourge ships instead of that brown, though.

Ohai! Thank you for the feedback! To answer your question: No, they will probably stay this way. They are not fighters, they are kamikaze ships. The reason why The Scourge repurposed those Piranhas (they really are infested Piranhas, unmanned but kind of alive) is because they need some form of propulsion systems in space, and biological propulsion systems are not good if they weren't previously evolved. They use the propulsion systems and the very bombs that usually Piranhas carry boosted with biological compounds, and a similar thing happened to Pilums (now Swarmers).

Enforcer: IMPALER update:

Yeah. It's the best ship I've ever made. Period.

EDIT @Zilerrezko: Clearly fake ;)

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2012, 07:30:29 PM »

it's not fake haha, it's right there, you can see it.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 14, 2012, 07:33:53 PM »

Man that would mean a BIG buff to the Scourge, you don't want that xD. How exactly did you pull it off?

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 14, 2012, 08:09:08 PM »

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 14, 2012, 08:11:05 PM »

Yeah just finished it with an easy 80%.

Dat Aurora.

Buff tiem :D.

EDIT: ahahaha had a good laugh with that video!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 08:13:15 PM by Uomoz »

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 14, 2012, 08:56:30 PM »

haha, good mod though. It really fit the style of numerous amounts swarming around. though all those missiles and suicide fighters. OMGed when I saw the huge wall of missiles my first time (legit play). It might totally annihilate everything without a shield O.o.

DarkStar076

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 14, 2012, 09:01:24 PM »

like this:

I had to laugh at that video
It adds new meaning to "spray and pray"
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 14, 2012, 09:04:58 PM »

Quote from: Zilerrezko on Today at 08:09:08 PM
like this:

I had to laugh at that video
It adds new meaning to "spray and pray"

glad you liked it  ;D I always like it when all those ships pop up in the top left corner xD

DarkStar076

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 14, 2012, 09:15:49 PM »

Quick question,

was there AoE and proximity fuse on those bullets or are they all direct hits ?
Wisdom is something you generally obtain around three seconds after you needed it the most

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2012, 09:22:07 PM »

just pure projectile with a lot of damage, had no need for those things haha

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2012, 09:39:44 PM »

Clearly Trylobot's Sniper Frigate inspired :D

Zilerrezko

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 14, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »

Clearly Trylobot's Sniper Frigate inspired
call it "the horny one" and I will laugh my ass off xD

Shoat

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2012, 10:04:50 PM »

No, they will probably stay this way. They are not fighters, they are kamikaze ships. The reason why The Scourge repurposed those Piranhas (they really are infested Piranhas, unmanned but kind of alive) is because they need some form of propulsion systems in space, and biological propulsion systems are not good if they weren't previously evolved. They use the propulsion systems and the very bombs that usually Piranhas carry boosted with biological compounds, and a similar thing happened to Pilums (now Swarmers).

Oh, right that makes sense.
Biological propulsion systems in space is not very common (I always wondered how the Zerg "ships" travel through space).

I guess an explosive spore would be more like a bullet and not a missile.
These, however, need to be missiles and as such require the ability to aim and propel themselves and the piranha bombers already have explosives on them.

The only weird thing left to question is the sheer amount of piranha bombers they managed to fit into those destroyer-size scourge ships.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »

No, they will probably stay this way. They are not fighters, they are kamikaze ships. The reason why The Scourge repurposed those Piranhas (they really are infested Piranhas, unmanned but kind of alive) is because they need some form of propulsion systems in space, and biological propulsion systems are not good if they weren't previously evolved. They use the propulsion systems and the very bombs that usually Piranhas carry boosted with biological compounds, and a similar thing happened to Pilums (now Swarmers).

Oh, right that makes sense.
Biological propulsion systems in space is not very common (I always wondered how the Zerg "ships" travel through space).

I guess an explosive spore would be more like a bullet and not a missile.
These, however, need to be missiles and as such require the ability to aim and propel themselves and the piranha bombers already have explosives on them.

The only weird thing left to question is the sheer amount of piranha bombers they managed to fit into those destroyer-size scourge ships.

They do use explosive-acid spores on their main ships (the Spreader and the Plague Rider). This very spores also start the infestation process of the wrecks.
About the Piranhas: the Scourge actually come from a time before the Collapse, so ships weren't rare at all. The number of Piranhas in the Disgorgers is subject to change :D (maybe they should be more powerful but less numerous).
They are the Hegemony dirty secret (in Uomoz's Corvus atleast :D). All will be explained (what is non-classified at least) at release..
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 10:14:27 PM by Uomoz »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16