Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16

Author Topic: The Scourge v.4  (Read 109918 times)

Okim

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Okim`s Modelling stuff
Re: The Scourge
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2012, 09:19:05 AM »

Now i really wish to have custom drive, shield and death particles. Those ships having dirty emmisions (darker than low-tech and perhaps slightly red or better green) and bloody death explosions would look neat!
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 09:20:51 AM by Okim »

Vandala

• Admiral
  • We need ponies, ponies in spaceships!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2012, 09:21:13 AM »

Those are starting to look pretty cool.

Boreece

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2012, 10:33:44 AM »

Really like the concept and design here, reminds me a lot of the Beast-ships from Homeworld: Cataclysm (aka Homeworld 1.5), with organic stuff growing all over them. REALLY liked that game!

Keep going, this could very likely become totally awesome ;)

Also: Yay, first post! ^^

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2012, 11:23:34 AM »

Really like the concept and design here, reminds me a lot of the Beast-ships from Homeworld: Cataclysm (aka Homeworld 1.5), with organic stuff growing all over them. REALLY liked that game!

Keep going, this could very likely become totally awesome ;)

Also: Yay, first post! ^^

Whoa you gave me first post, thank you! It's getting better and better every hour :D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2012, 11:40:34 AM »

Don't mind the machineguns and the missile thruster offset xD

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2012, 12:53:29 PM »

Uomoz, If you interested, I got all kinds of zerg sounds from Starcraft. Can upload it for you, will be useful for creating interesting biological sound :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2012, 03:36:35 PM »

Uomoz, If you interested, I got all kinds of zerg sounds from Starcraft. Can upload it for you, will be useful for creating interesting biological sound :)

Yeah, I'd like that!

TYTHERDGOON

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2012, 04:23:42 PM »

I have an idea, not sure if it might work though.

Could it be possible to create a new kind of Marine or Crew member? That can only be used on Scourge ships?
Say you have a scourge ship, and you have an infestor cannon or something of a disease spreading weapon, when fired upon a ships hull there is a chance that it will infect some of the crew and marines, so when you win, you will not only get the cargo but also some extra hands to help build the Scourge fleet.
Another way is by having infected/infested marines, when you collide or kamikaze another ship, some of your marines make it on board, and start to infect/infest the crew and marines on board that ship and have a 30% chance of taking over the ship mid battle.

I know it is a BIG long shot but it would be an interesting mechanic because the battles involving these Creatures/monsters/Specimens would require you to put a lot more thinking into it when it comes to large scale battlefields.
Like if you think an enemy ship has an infestor cannon, it could take over your cruiser but if they don't you have lost a lot of firepower and that could mean the tide of the battle is not in your favor.

nonomo4

• Lieutenant
  • The Light!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2012, 05:28:46 PM »

Since we ar bringing up infecting crew, you should be able to infect idk like a onslaught after breaking shields, have crew slowly get infected and the opponent loses control of the ship for the rest of the fight. Its like the overload mechanic but using infection to disabe. Justa  idea :D

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »

I have an idea, not sure if it might work though.

Could it be possible to create a new kind of Marine or Crew member? That can only be used on Scourge ships?
Say you have a scourge ship, and you have an infestor cannon or something of a disease spreading weapon, when fired upon a ships hull there is a chance that it will infect some of the crew and marines, so when you win, you will not only get the cargo but also some extra hands to help build the Scourge fleet.
Another way is by having infected/infested marines, when you collide or kamikaze another ship, some of your marines make it on board, and start to infect/infest the crew and marines on board that ship and have a 30% chance of taking over the ship mid battle.

I know it is a BIG long shot but it would be an interesting mechanic because the battles involving these Creatures/monsters/Specimens would require you to put a lot more thinking into it when it comes to large scale battlefields.
Like if you think an enemy ship has an infestor cannon, it could take over your cruiser but if they don't you have lost a lot of firepower and that could mean the tide of the battle is not in your favor.

WHOA. That's a nice but impossible idea (at least as I know).

Since we ar bringing up infecting crew, you should be able to infect idk like a onslaught after breaking shields, have crew slowly get infected and the opponent loses control of the ship for the rest of the fight. Its like the overload mechanic but using infection to disabe. Justa  idea :D

No, I'm sorry that's not doable. I simply can't implement such things (I think it's pretty much impossible).
I can do some tinkering on the system map and play with some mechanics in that (like triggers that enable a Scourge-Hunters fleet in the system), but combat is much more restricted.

And one more thing: what I'm currently planning is to have Scourge as an NPC faction (pretty much because I don't like the idea that standard weapons can be placed by players on Scourge ships that should only use Scourge weaponry). Scourge ships will most definitely not be purchasable and if I can help it, not boardable. They will be fun to battle (huge swarms of low-cost ships with no shields) but are not meant to be owned (completely wrong lore-wise).

Vordhosbn88

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2012, 05:56:48 PM »

Excellent idea - I'm fully behind you on these ships being NPC only. I can imagine it would be a lot more fun ( & terrifying ) to encounter these hive fleets randomly simply to throw a different kind of fight at you..

Keep up the great work, I'll be keeping tabs on this mod  :D
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:20:40 PM by Vordhosbn88 »
Breaker breaker - come in earth, this is rocket ship 27... Aliens *** over the carbonator on engine number 4, i'm gonna try to re-fuckulate it and land us on Juniper, uh.. hopefully they got some space weed... over.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

**********STATIC*******--**-- sfhhhhhhsfhhhhh...Swarm-m-ers Detecte-e-e-d shhhhhhfshhhhffff -- *******STATIC******

WarStalkeR

• Captain
  • Per Aspera Ad Astra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 07:39:04 PM »

Here the Zerg sounds I promised: http://www.mediafire.com/?l4tw2r6vts4ei6u, enough to make lots of weapons :)

Quite soon I will make a new topic, where I'm working on new campaign, where all original races will be removed and will be used only custom created races, and Uomoz, will it be ok if Scourge will be present there?
For now what I can unreveal, that is IDF will be present there and Hierarchy (very bad guys) will be present there. I will be glad if Scourge and TimCORP will be able to present there too. Yes it will be for mainly overpowered races :)

"Happiness for everybody, freely, and let no one to leave unhappy!" (c) Strugatsky Brothers
Independent Defense Force is here! And they already in Sector Xplo.

Uomoz

• Admiral
  • 'womo'dz
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 07:49:45 PM »

Here the Zerg sounds I promised: http://www.mediafire.com/?l4tw2r6vts4ei6u, enough to make lots of weapons :)

Quite soon I will make a new topic, where I'm working on new campaign, where all original races will be removed and will be used only custom created races, and Uomoz, will it be ok if Scourge will be present there?
For now what I can unreveal, that is IDF will be present there and Hierarchy (very bad guys) will be present there. I will be glad if Scourge and TimCORP will be able to present there too. Yes it will be for mainly overpowered races :)

Not planning on going on the overpowered route on this one, but sure, you can use it ;). Thanks for the sounds! I will surely put them in!

Trylobot

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
    • Github profile
« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 11:07:11 PM »

Man, this is kickin'. I dunno if anyone's gone for organic ships yet (apart from fruit mod)

Kudos!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 16